DMProv?

Started by Faerie Alex, November 24, 2006, 09:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faerie Alex

I'll guess that it's a collective fan comic (of a sort). But other than that, I don't know much. So could someone please fill me in on:

• What is/was DMProv?
  • Why is it listed as being "Inactive"?
And...yeah. Thanks in advance.

http://www.missmab.com/Art/dmprov.php (The link, if anyone's interested.)
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Damaris

DMPov was an improv comic that people "signed up" for.  It featured DMFA characters, and was a weekly kinda thing.  I think it was often done on a first-come first-served basis.  The person who e-mailed her first after she posted a slot was open was the one who was able to do it.

Amber decided to make it inactive for one reason or another.  I believe it's been around two years since it's been active.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

DigitalMan

My assumptions are that it was an improvised story akin to that which is done around campfires. There it looks like one person did a page of the story, and then the next person up would continue the story in whatever way they chose.

For why it was inactive, I think only Amber can answer that. My guess? Not enough time to keep up with it.

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 24, 2006, 10:05:01 PM
My guess? Not enough time to keep up with it.

That or she was getting a million "can I do a comic" e-mails a day.

Darkmoon

It was none of that. But her reasons are her reasons.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

icarus

my guess as to why it's inactive is the truckloads of self inserts and OOC behavior people would pressure with. it was turning into a contest that went something like this.

person: *creates self insert* HELLO DAN I AM YOUR TRUE LOVE
next person: *creates new self insert* DAN DONT LISTEN TO HER, I AM YOUR TRUE LOVE
next person: *creates ANOTHER self insert* AND THEN DAN SAID I DONT LOVE EITHER OF YOU I LOVE THIS PERSON HERE
next person: *with NEW self insert* BUT DAN DID NOT HAVE TIME TO LOVE ANYONE BECAUSE SOON HE WAS BEING ATTACKED BY ME!!!!

...and on and on and on and on...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

bill

HA. Like that would ever happen.  >:3

Jack McSlay

Quote from: icarus on November 26, 2006, 05:03:41 PM
my guess as to why it's inactive is the truckloads of self inserts and OOC behavior people would pressure with. it was turning into a contest that went something like this.

person: *creates self insert* HELLO DAN I AM YOUR TRUE LOVE
next person: *creates new self insert* DAN DONT LISTEN TO HER, I AM YOUR TRUE LOVE
next person: *creates ANOTHER self insert* AND THEN DAN SAID I DONT LOVE EITHER OF YOU I LOVE THIS PERSON HERE
next person: *with NEW self insert* BUT DAN DID NOT HAVE TIME TO LOVE ANYONE BECAUSE SOON HE WAS BEING ATTACKED BY ME!!!!

...and on and on and on and on...
i'd go with that... it had more char inserts than twice the amount of Transformers and Saint Seiya put together...

it voulc have become interesting with a rule of no char inserts, but then I think they would make inserts anyway
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Pendolse

Self-insertation is a little old, which is why cameos have an always will be the better thing.

Oh dear God, did I actually draw like that?