Travels with a Kitsune (always open) [Chapter 3: The gate of water]

Started by Kitsune Ascendant, November 21, 2006, 12:49:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitsune Ascendant

[ooc: frequents of my previous rp topic have probably noticed that it is closed. after talking with the big D, I decided to turn the last mini-plot into the beginnings of this. all the old participants are invited, though I ask that no new people come into this until we reach the first chapter (don't worry, the prelude's short). also, I'm going to try to keep this light hearted, so while you gloom and doom people are welcome, tone it down or face the wrath of embarrasing situations  :mowtongue. Also, I'll be keeping track of the chapters here as they are started/completed, including pages and a short description. As new people join, I'll probably post character profiles here. You can join at any time, but the best times are during the beginnings and ends of chapters if you plan on becoming a permanent member of the group.]
edit: As some of you are no doubt aware, I've created a ooc topic with character bios, chapter summaries, and other stuff like that. it can be found here
Anyone interested in joining the rp just go ahead and drop me a pm or post there.
can't believe I let the ooc topic go this long without a link to it in the main.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[story begins here]
[when we have last left our heroes, Moonsoul and Tophar Chee had just taken off to combat an unknown threat to the valley and the universe it resided in]

alright, tophar. I need you to be alert. as we approach the asteroid, the effects of whatever's causing the reality bending is going to be a lot more potent on it's immediate area.

(edited by D simply to fix the brackets. I'm glad you found an equitable solution)
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Kitsune Ascendant

[ooc: sure. I'll pm you when the prelude finnishes. which will be shortly after tophar shows up. 'course, if he doesn't show up for long enough I may just continue the story without him]
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

DigitalMan

CDM pulled a lawn chair from his personal pocket dimension, and sat down to relax by the entrance to the cave. He was quite used to reality warping so he wasn't particularly concerned; however, he kept his modified camera at the ready, should he need it.

===OOC:===
It seems I failed to convince them fully, but at least I got Damaris to contact you :3

lucas marcone

OOC: id like to join as well but im going to need a plot with the initial "prelude is done PM" and some light on the current characters.

e_voyager

i was part of the original one so i have a role  i can play right?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

[of course. on a different note, I'm going to wait until tomorrow and if tophar isn't around by then, I'll just continue the prelude so we don't keep people waiting.]

Kitsune Ascendant

[well, that's three days without toph showing. I'm afraid I'm going to have to move this along]

*looks back, finding that tophar has also turned into a soul jewel, a dazzeling ruby-colored gem with a strange light at the center*

well, that complicates things. *transports tophar back to the cave*

alright now... I need to get to that asteroid.

*a few minutes later*

or, whatever the hell it's become.

[the "asteroid" turns out to be a large tetrahedron, nearly the size of a moon. the sides are an indescribable color, though it most nearly matches silver. it seems to be built up of hundreds of moutain-sized pyramids, which each are made up of thousands of human-sized spheres. this makeup should leave many holes, but whenever moonsoul tries to look for any, her eyes blend the setup into one surface]

well, that's definately the problem. problem is, I'm guessing destroying it's not the solution.

Indeed. Without a vessel to contain my power, your universe would quickly fade.

So you're an intelegent being. are you doing this intentionally

no, it is a side effect of difficulties I am exeperiencing. I was traveling through nearby dimensions, and was about to jump to this one. I had always wanted to meet a kitsune, and I heard there was one there. however, I became stuck between dimensions for a reason I cannot understand, and reverted to this form, which is similar to the soul jewels of your kind.

so you are stuck here... hmm... I honestly don't know what happend, but I think I can get you free. would you rather be here or the other universe you are stuck in?

here, I believe

very well then. *starts gathering energy* alright, hold still!
Like I have any choice.

um...whatever. *sends a small beam of energy into the object, which quickly spreads out into a field around it*

*the object shifts to a nearly featureless humanoid*

well, that was interesting.

indeed. I think I will be on my way now, though *disapears*

*returns to the cave, to find everyone back to normal*

well, that's that. except one thing... I'll be back in a little.

*opens a telephathic link with dune dancer*
{hey, could you lower that field around you so that I can teleport in?}
{dune dancer: of course. }
*teleports in*

so, you need a way to return to your regular form?

dune dancer: yes.

alright then.
[thousands of runes, of every shape, size, and color fly from moonsoul's hands, landing all across the giant soul jewel of dune dancer. as they melt in, the jewel begins to glow, until the glow envelopes the physical jewel completely. swiftly, the jewel begins to shrink and take on the humanoid form of dune dancer]

all done. I'm heading back to the cave. want to tag along?

dune dancer: of course.

*a few minutes later*

dune dancer:It's been so long since I've been here. kinda makes me miss the job.

hmm... you know, I do kind of feel like a vacation. if you'd keep place in order while I'm gone...

dune dancer: I'd be delighted to.

well then, it's settled. I'm going to travel the universes, and I think I'll start with my home. anyone who want's to join me?

DigitalMan

CDM frowns exaggeratedly at the announcement that destroying the asteroid isn't a possibility. But he perks up to an almost giddy state as he commands several CameraBots to analyze and raytrace the surface of the oddly-shaped asteroid, storing it's color and properties for use as a 3D Studio material later. Because that's just the obsessive way he does things.

He puts his camera away and effectively "packs his bags" while Moonsoul converses with Dune Dancer.

"Travel the universes, eh? Been there. Done that. Feel like doing it again! It'll be like the interLOAFERs, with slightly less insanity... maybe..." The cougar anthro pulls out his handheld computer. "Will you be needing assistance in transporting people with you?"

===OOC:===
Nevermind the interLOAFERs comment, just an inside joke about my friend's stories :P

Kitsune Ascendant

nah. I used to do tours of the delraxian six that numbered in the thousands.

e_voyager

e's soul crystal has doubled in size and it's  pulsations have slowed. a little but other wise fine the night sky colored mass expands into roughly  the shape of a tailless person before expansion to scale with the fists entity it happens to note. The mass then darken it's light winking out as it take on the shadow form of several things slowing into the form of a robot know as forte before shifting into the more familiar biological form of the k9 version of E that has become known in this location. "did i miss much" e ask a little woozy as he  readjust to physical senses. As the others watch several seals appear in the air arson him and land on his body. The seals glow briefly before vanishing and the energy that e is using stabilized and he appears much recovered form his wooziness. 
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

not much. problem was a traveler stuck between dimensions, I met an old friend who happens to be the previous guardian AND that comet (well, not anymore), and speaking of dimensions, we're going on an interuniversal vacation, starting with my homeworld. if you want to come along, pack any bags you might need packing and make sure whatever you use in leu of an oven isn't going to burn your place down. we leave sunrise the day after tomorow. also, see if you can figure out where mel, zed, and zett disapeared to.  I haven't seen them since I got back.

e_voyager

e closes his eyes for a moment and everyone with the sensory ability to feel it feels his presence wash out from him almost like a thin cobwebs. It  is easily dismissed or shake off making no effort to hold. Then it is over and e opens his eyes. " it seems that there has been a reality shift while i was out. i do believe i that they are well but it might take some time for them to catch up with us if they wish to that is.." e sighs as he looks out over the old /new world. thanks to his specific nature even thought a shift has occurred he knows what happened in both original and current reality. still the changes were minor and then again the approach of this event could have been what was bothering him and  force him to rest.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel lands at the mouth of the cave. "It takes a bit longer for those of us who fly the old-fashioned way. This is a very long valley."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

e chuckles. well you defiantly have a few tricks for maintaining  speed. when i tried to catch you after you tagged me i couldn't reach you not matter hove face i flew and i was breaking the speed of sound.

Mel Dragonkitty

"While I'm known as a fast flyer amongst my clan I don't fly that fast. Are you sure our host wasn't playing a bit of a trick on you. Kitsune love their little jokes," responded Mel as she reduced her size and stepped into the cave.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

shrugs. could have been. after all i am easy to fool with illusions and the distance did seem too Constance

Kitsune Ascendant

well, that's e and mel. that leaves tophar (hasn't returned to normmal form yet), zedd, and zet. if need be we can take tophar's jewel with us. anyways, we leave tomorrow. first destination: my home world!

Zedd

Your home world eh? Well I promice my best way to serve you...*unlit cigarate in maw*

topher chee

*poofs back into the scene*
(OOC: Sorry everyone, glad to be back^^)

Kitsune Ascendant

well, I suppose that's everyone. 'xcept maybe zet. I don't know if he'll show. anyways, we leave tonight!

topher chee

*ties up his belongings in his hammock and throws the now small pack over his shoulder and chest*
I'm ready

Zedd

I'm fine and all packed....*as he does the ol crazy dark magic light ciggarate with thumb trick and tilts outlaw hat over face abit*

topher chee

DigitalMan

CDM strokes his chin, feeling as though he's forgetting something. He chuckles, grinning evilly, and presses a button on his computer. In a flash of light, the cougar anthro is changed into an apparently human young man with dark shades, leather boots, and matching hunting-camouflage jacket and pants.

"Road trip!" He throws his hand up into the air in the universal symbol for rawkage, shouting loudly.

At that time a camouflage truck roughly the size and shape of a large moving van, though with a canvas canopy back, bursts out of a nearby forest at a high speed. It slides to a perfect stop inches away from the young man, and "speaks" in the same voice as the lead CameraBot; in fact, both machines speak at the same time, betraying that the CameraBot is little more than a remote recon device.

"Well it's about time. I don't like being incapacitated, nor covered in branches. I'm already camouflaged, it shouldn't be necessary." The CameraBot unfolds its grabber-arms, picking twigs out of the truck's grille.

"It could be worse, K2." The young man leaned against the truck. "Of course, me, I'm having a blast!"

topher chee

e_voyager

E chuckles "so  i assume that most of you are  more then a little excited about this trip?" e himself is looking forward to the voyage as the thinks about all the sights there would be to see. this would be a peaceful journey he believed still there was not telling what would happen.

Kitsune Ascendant

alright everyone! I'm about to open the portal, so step lively and don't worry if you forgot anything. in fact, you'll find anything you forgot when you think of it. here's hoping this doesn't turn into a bad ripoff of sliders!

[performs twenty seven handseals in quick succession, each one spawning a blue rune rune which enters a floating "circle". once complete, the runes begin quickly rotating, then stop, with the rune at the top changing to white. the process repeats 8 times.the 9 white runes streak to the center, then the other runes start spining again, so fast that they form a solid ring. a portal that looks like a pool of shining water "explodes" out*

everyone through the ring!

*everyone follows moonsoul through the ring, and they find themselves in a forest which is apparently empty. the portal dissapates, closely followed by the ring*

no one around... kinda surprising. well, we're here everyone!

Snuggles

(OOC: hopefully this is a good time to get in :3)

[Up in the trees you see a black panther artho. Trying to hid for the most part of it but failing. Sometimes looking out from the tree branches at the new comers]