11-20-2006

Started by Manawolf, November 19, 2006, 11:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

what would be really freaky would be if Merlitz was Hemophobic as well and used his flame skills to cauterize the wounds he inflicts on his opponents before the bled

edit a simple letter typo and it gets blown up. oh well theses things happen
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Quote from: e_voyager on November 20, 2006, 11:27:50 AM
what would be really freaky would be if Merlitz was homophobic as well and used his flame skills to cautize the wounds he inflictes on his opponents before the bled
What does being afraid of gay people have to do with wounds?

Cogidubnus

Hemophobic, perhaps?

Well, he could be both. I dunno.

ShiningShadow

But in all of this I think we are seeing in the making the slowly deconstruction of the interview. Till we see both Abel and Dan standing alone while Lost Lake is nothing more than smoldering ashes :eager.

terrycloth

Quote from: thegayhare on November 20, 2006, 07:43:42 AMwhich would be a truly unique fighting style

*slash, block, projectile vomit, slash, slash*

at the very least it would distract them

Egad, I hate vahz zombies. :cry

Kibin

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2006, 04:53:03 AM
Merbel: "Hey guys, have you heard of Daniel Ti'fiona?"
Pegasus: "The famous adventurer?"
Merbel: "Well, he's a 'cubi."
Pegasus: "..."
Merbel: "...and this Inn belongs to one, and I was going out with one too..."

The inn owner isn't a cubi, Alexsi only has Destania as a stepmother...

And I don't think the interview is going to go kaboom. When is the last thing anything in the inn blew up?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kibin on November 20, 2006, 02:22:19 PM

Yes, but unless marital law is different in Furrae, that would mean that the inn is jointly owned by Edward and Destania.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

That, we did not know. I have a hard time to keep track of such things, to say it lightly.

Kibin

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2006, 03:05:48 PM
Quote from: Kibin on November 20, 2006, 02:22:19 PM

Yes, but unless marital law is different in Furrae, that would mean that the inn is jointly owned by Edward and Destania.

But the inn isn't owned by Edward and Destania. It's owned by Alexsi.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kibin on November 20, 2006, 04:19:02 PM
That's questionable.  We don't know for sure whether Destania actually transferred ownership to Alexsi, or even whether she could legally have done so without her missing husband's consent (since it is/was jointly owned).  Was Alexsi even old enough to be able to own it when Destania left?  We don't really know if she was still a minor at the time, or even what their law has to say about whether minors can enter such a legally-binding contract.

Finally, Destania had no idea how long it was going to take to establish Edward's fate.  For all she knew it could be less than a week - frankly I have difficulty believing that she would have made herself and her husband homeless when there was a chance they would both be back in a fortnight or so :P

**EDIT**
Now there might be some kind of sunset clause, e.g. if she does not return within X years the inn's ownership defaults to Alexsi...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kibin on November 20, 2006, 04:19:02 PM
According to this, she "inherited" it. But, since Edward and Destania are still alive, is that still valid?

Sure, 'Lexsi runs it. We all admit to that. I think the ultimate ownership isn't going to be made clear until Amber clarifies it, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

In a world where some people live in excess of thousands of years, inheritance might be something of an issue, why I believe they have probably found some more practical solution.

Not to mention, it could be a simple failure of words. Amber might have meant that the parents simply passed the inn on to their children, without implying death at any stage.

Cogidubnus

I inherited a really neat bag of marbles from my dad. He's not dead. I don't think. Last I checked, anyway.

MT Hazard

Did any one else notice Pegasus has got taller? (or just bigger I'm not sure)

All the cubi turning up are in some way connected to Destania, friend (Arry), student? (Abel), Dan (son)

Oh and the Inn is owned by Alexsi, its in her bio, as she was the more responsable of the two kids.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 20, 2006, 05:20:27 PM
Oh and the Inn is owned by Alexsi, its in her bio, as she was the more responsible of the two kids.
It doesn't conclusively say that she owns it.  It says she inherited it, but that doesn't actually follow.  Firstly, at least one of the inn's original owners is still alive.
Secondly, if we assume 'inherited' means that Destania arranged some kind of common-law contract to just give her the inn, that's still illegal because she did so without Edward's permission. 
Thirdly, Destania would look a right berk if she turned up with Edward two weeks later only to have Alexsi force them into the basement like Dan.  Edward would be really, really impressed by his wife's decisions if that happened  >:3

The only thing the bio says unequivocally is that Alexsi is in charge of it.  In the absence of anything more conclusive, I'd be far more inclined to believe that she is acting as steward until the true owners return.

Alan Garou

Quote from: Alondro on November 20, 2006, 10:38:30 AM
*Charline grins*  Well, I could certainly demonstrate that I'm not a threat.  I'd be willing to demonstrate just how non-threatening I can be with that hunky golden-haired horsie... mrrrrrowr.

*Charles*   :erk  Oh dear god no....
I'm gonna start keeping a scorecard of all the guys she's gone through. Say goodbye to half of the world supply of oak trees.

Quote from: HeroZero on November 20, 2006, 11:21:26 AM
True with the eyes, but if the magic somehow dispersed, then Dan's wings would probably create some suspicion for Cubi presence...or make the group ask for his autograph as he's a pretty famous adventurer. Abel's been wrong before with his magic, hasn't he?
I still say that Dan's gonna somehow end up stuck as a female, real or not. And how would Dan say "Argh, more ale" to the beer wenches if he was currently a beer wench?

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 20, 2006, 05:46:12 PM
I still say that Dan's gonna somehow end up stuck as a female, real or not. And how would Dan say "Argh, more ale" to the beer wenches if he was currently a beer wench?
Maybe not forever, but maybe if Merbel gets KO'd bu Merlitz's former group, he could be stuck as Alexi for a while.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Stygian

I really don't know. I don't think it would stop him from trying though. And he might find some fun points about a female form.

Quote from: modelincard on November 20, 2006, 06:15:21 PM
Maybe not forever, but maybe if Merbel gets KO'd bu Merlitz's former group, he could be stuck as Alexi for a while.

I am not entirely certain about that. Obviously, if there is a magic battle, dispeling magic would probably be flying wild, at least if they know their stuff.

Distracting

Quote from: Stygian on November 20, 2006, 07:01:31 PM

I really don't know. I don't think it would stop him from trying though. And he might find some fun points about a female form.
Looking like  his sister would probably discourage him a bit from that...

On the other hand, he could easily forget about being a girl completely and end up wondering why all the beer wenches are looking at him like he's insane.

Kasarn

Homosexuality is okay as long as both girls are hot :]

DigitalMan

I'm still waiting for Dan to walk into the wrong restroom or something equivalently stupid.

I would assume that Alexsi must have a reputation, so if Dan could fake that kind of violent anger those dimwits would leave mighty fast. Also, Destania probably has a reputation, and it seems Dan himself does... I imagine it wouldn't take much to make them back out the door saying "Um, I just remembered, we have to be somewhere..."

Stygian

And that all does not at all go together with the type of comical relief... Or rather, it's not that simple. But I'm sure Amber will think of something. And then it will be "We will never speak of this again. Do. You. Understand?" "Yeah, yeah. I get it. Sheesh... (sarcastic comment relating to somewhere within the five latest comics)"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Here's a thought. Just how far do those changes go? Can Danielle still go standing up? (to bring in the restroom example DigitalMan mentioned...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Alondro on November 20, 2006, 10:38:30 AM
*Charline grins*  Well, I could certainly demonstrate that I'm not a threat.  I'd be willing to demonstrate just how non-threatening I can be with that hunky golden-haired horsie... mrrrrrowr.

*Charles*   :erk  Oh dear god no....
I'm gonna start keeping a scorecard of all the guys she's gone through. Say goodbye to half of the world supply of oak trees.

OOC: Believe me, I think she's taken the guys and have borne several thousand cubi offspring from just 100 of them
By the way, Genesis still looks Hawt...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

DigitalMan

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2006, 08:26:09 PM

Here's a thought. Just how far do those changes go? Can Danielle still go standing up? (to bring in the restroom example DigitalMan mentioned...)

Will we be seeing a Mrs. Doubtfire reference?

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 20, 2006, 10:20:23 PM

Seconded!

Meech

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 20, 2006, 10:31:43 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2006, 08:26:09 PM

Will we be seeing a Mrs. Doubtfire reference?

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 20, 2006, 10:20:23 PM

Seconded!

Amber specifically stated in a previous topic that the change was a COMPLETE change.  I will try to find it.

EDIT:  I was wrong.  Amber states in this topic that Abel can't pull that kind of magic off.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1289.msg49099#msg49099

Grenn

Yup. So Dan's still um.... "there" *cough* as we would say, and is simply cosmetically female.

So I wonder if Abelitz would just say "Nope! No cubi here! We're okie-dokie!", or if Danielle will just make some dumb mistake ala Mrs. Doubtfire as has been mentioned :D

ShiningShadow

I have that feeling too that Ms. Doubtfire reference will come is a very comical way. Either that or Danielle will come over to Abel and plants a Kiss on the lips just to emabarrass the heck out of him and in front of the adventurers.