11/15, it's...

Started by terrycloth, November 14, 2006, 08:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on November 15, 2006, 03:35:27 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on November 14, 2006, 09:57:43 PM
I love his look in the last panel. He could always pretend to be Merlitz's evil twin and chase them off? Or act like he is busy with the tour and run to Dan for help? Or pretend he does not know english! Abelitz: 'Ik spreek het geen Engels!' *Flees!*

Curse you, Charline! You took my twin idea while I was typing! *Chases Charline around, knowing how she fears spiders!*

*Charline  :U *  Nuuuuuuuuu!!! 

Hmmm seems like everyone is afraid of spiders now and then

Tapewolf

Quote from: ITOS on November 15, 2006, 03:13:33 PM
She is not even a male. :confused
Taross' gender is a contentious issue..

As for the mind shielding, bear in mind that the classic 'cubi approach is to read your target's mind and seduce them by warping into their dream date.  Aary manages to break into Merl's mind in #217, and he's an adventurer and a mage too...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KarlOmega1

*notices Akisohida picking on Charline*

"Akisohida! Quit teasing the lioness...besides..."

*Clothing turns to black/dark violet armor with black trenchcoat, Karl himslef sprouts black feathered wings and multiple tails...and a scythe appears in his hands*

"...I also dislike spiders."
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 15, 2006, 03:49:47 PM
As for the mind shielding, bear in mind that the classic 'cubi approach is to read your target's mind and seduce them by warping into their dream date.  Aary manages to break into Merl's mind in #217, and he's an adventurer and a mage too...

Good point. :-/

In fact, such a good point, it invalidates my entire idea of where this might be going. Nuts. Now I have to dream up some other unlikely episode :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Caswin

Anyone remember my comment in the Ask Amber topic about how it matched my DMFA: The Fighers (Working Title) plot surprisingly well? (Except for the "murder" weapon, but the Wiku Worm makes up for it)  ...no?  Aw, I'm sad now. :tired

Okay, so this particular group isn't in there, but the way this relates to the dimensional portal from that arc... well, all we need now is Thorganthicus busting in.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Akisohida

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 15, 2006, 03:54:39 PM

"Akisohida! Quit teasing the lioness...besides..."

*Clothing turns to black/dark violet armor with black trenchcoat, Karl himslef sprouts black feathered wings and multiple tails...and a scythe appears in his hands*

Bah! I am only half spider and I doubt Amber would let anyone kill me! ..I hope. o.o
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

KarlOmega1

whosaid anything about killing you?

* Freezes Akisohida with power from Scythe, then sets up a blind date for him with a female Arachnemal (Mammal/Spidertaur creature with a touch of vampiric assimilation capability)*

Hee hee...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Akisohida on November 15, 2006, 05:54:31 PM

Bah! I am only half spider and I doubt Amber would let anyone kill me! ..I hope. o.o

Would you like to borrow an idiot fan? I can rent mine out cheap. :3

But I will hurt you should you lose it.  :kruger

Azlan

Nitemyste... now there's a name I haven't heard in some time.  Ah the memories... I'm with Sunny, I hope Mischa is there too. 
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Akisohida on November 15, 2006, 05:54:31 PM

How about half kill you?

Here's something nobody has commented upon yet. Abel has a list of 100 ways imitating someone can go wrong, memorised to the point he can quote the number of a problem.

Is that just insanely good, or is he anal-retentive about it? :-)

Supercheese

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2006, 06:33:24 PM
Here's something nobody has commented upon yet. Abel has a list of 100 ways imitating someone can go wrong, memorized to the point he can quote the number of a problem.

Actually, I do remember someone commenting on this... too lazy to quote, though.

Wildy

Wow! I so didn't get that untill I read this thread. I am with Sunny in that I think its awesome to bring back some of the old crew. I remember hanging out with those people in Furcadia and I miss them!

*Squeee!*

terrycloth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2006, 06:33:24 PMHere's something nobody has commented upon yet. Abel has a list of 100 ways imitating someone can go wrong, memorised to the point he can quote the number of a problem.

Or did he make the number up off the top of his head, like all the annoying commercials that want to pretend they're one in a series?

DigitalMan

It's Abel. *points back to that one comic where he painted the room while Dan was sleeping* In his many years, I'm quite sure he legitimately thought up an enumerated list. Partially while watching other cubi take on other identities and encounter such problems (could be part of why he doesn't like to do it), and partially out of boredom.

Akisohida

Quote from: Wildy on November 15, 2006, 06:51:52 PM
Wow! I so didn't get that untill I read this thread. I am with Sunny in that I think its awesome to bring back some of the old crew. I remember hanging out with those people in Furcadia and I miss them!

*Squeee!*

*Gives the ferret a spiderhug and then runs* I think it is rather cool they were brought back, as well! I wonder what is gonna happen and I await fridays comic with baited breath!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Kenji

Quote from: Sunny on November 14, 2006, 10:38:46 PM
Hah, it's good to see old faces again.  Oh and peoples, those are real people from Furcadia, the game Amber used to base this off of, so no, those aren't codenames, those are their actual screennames.   

Oh, I was mainly referring to the 4 added at the end of "Genesis4". I don't think Amber would really want to use that name in particular. Now, modifying it to something such as "Genesis IV" (read: Genesis the 4th), maybe. :P

Meech

Quote from: terrycloth on November 15, 2006, 07:54:52 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2006, 06:33:24 PMHere's something nobody has commented upon yet. Abel has a list of 100 ways imitating someone can go wrong, memorised to the point he can quote the number of a problem.

Or did he make the number up off the top of his head, like all the annoying commercials that want to pretend they're one in a series?

Did it occur to anyone that this may be part of the curriculum at the SAIA?

Alondro

*Charline peeks from behind a boulder*  I don't dislike all spiders... just the ones that are large enough to consider me a bug and suck out my innards!   :eek

*turns around and blunders right into a web!*   :boggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Meech on November 15, 2006, 10:24:56 PM

*rotfl*

LionHeart

Quote from: Alondro on November 15, 2006, 11:17:33 PM

*Charline peeks from behind a boulder*  I don't dislike all spiders... just the ones that are large enough to consider me a bug and suck out my innards!   :eek

*turns around and blunders right into a web!*   :boggle

*sighs, and gently turns the traumatised lioness around, brushes the webs off her, and hands her a mug filled with steaming liquid* Here, Charline, just sit quietly for a bit and drink this catnip tea. You'll feel better.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 15, 2006, 11:26:12 PM
Quote from: Meech on November 15, 2006, 10:24:56 PM

*rotfl*

Not all that unlikely, if you think about it... It would probably be taught as part of dealing with adventurers.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ITOS

I wonder if they will stay long? Probably not... Amber might have to make profiles for them otherwise. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

ShiningShadow

I think they are there for the sole purpose of starting the fuse and let loose an explosion of fire and mayhem to the Lost Lake Inn and Dan will be the one will get all the blame for this.

Faerie Alex

Yeah, Dan's probably going to get blamed for this by Alexi once she gets back. Juts like in the first Twinks arc.

In the short term, meanwhile, I can see Nightmyste getting up after and blasting Merbel. And thus starts the fireworks...just as Danielle and the reporter come back down.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

e_voyager

that sounds like par for the course if you ask me. there there is hope. able is more level headed then merlitz and Dan seems to be a natural distraction know the in as well as his sister and not having to worry about his forum slipping as it is Abel's magic that put him there.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

But what if they see Alexsi and the spell that surrounds her thinking that she is a Cubi then attacks. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS destruction, mayhem DOUBLE YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 17, 2006, 07:22:56 AM
But what if they see Alexsi and the spell that surrounds her thinking that she is a Cubi then attacks.

Then Merbel would be entirely justified in throwing the troublemakers out of the inn using all necessary force.

Stygian

And do they not know that Dan himself is a Cubi? If not, then we can surely expect some serious draaaaaama...

*leans back, tilts head forward and bunches his fingers evilly*

Eeexcellent...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on November 17, 2006, 10:14:11 AM
And do they not know that Dan himself is a Cubi? If not, then we can surely expect some serious draaaaaama...

They may or may not know who Dan is (would this not better be discussed in today's thread?).  Depends which parts his reputation as a hero extends to.

As mentioned way back, he ran around slaying monsters and saving kingdoms even though he had wings himself (which meant he was most likely a Creature).  The counterargument then was that you don't really care what is saving you so long as they do save you.
I'd be surprised if someone didn't suspect him of being a 'cubi back when he was a hero..

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 07:25:47 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 17, 2006, 07:22:56 AM
But what if they see Alexsi and the spell that surrounds her thinking that she is a Cubi then attacks.

Then Merbel would be entirely justified in throwing the troublemakers out of the inn using all necessary force.

Yes ! Payback and fire wings ho! lord of the flame  strikes again.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH random violence and mayhem. I love how this story is shaping up to the crescendo of a moment.