11-7-06: Intent to kill? Check.

Started by willow186129, November 06, 2006, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

Pretty much the same thing a lot of herbivore herds have had going for them, large numbers and active reproductive cycles (the smaller the animal the better).

ninjannihilator

That's why there are so many god damn rats in the world.

You think the magazine people are going to check if Dan has a mallet.

Alondro

*Charline stares at the impala... stares... and drools...*  Must... stalk... so hungry..  :zombiekun2
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

DigitalMan

Odd, it was never described as being magical before... The question is, is the magic involved in how it appears and disappears, or its power?

And the "pages owed" should be down to 9 now, I think. Not that any of us would mind her losing track of that...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 07, 2006, 12:26:51 AM

And the "pages owed" should be down to 9 now, I think. Not that any of us would mind her losing track of that...

SHH! She can hear you! :<

Ailis

Hmn, the secretary looks familiar... 

My question is, will she tic the counter back up if we donate enough for a new page?

Zedd

Could this be the moment its Alexi's hammer time?

Anticheese

It's allways been the Magical Mallet.

It works with a combination of enchantments from Mab, and by usilising the mystical dimension of...Hammerspace

How else does it work? How else could Alexi produce it at a moments notice?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Anticheese on November 07, 2006, 01:35:19 AM
It's allways been the Magical Mallet.

It works with a combination of enchantments from Mab, and by usilising the mystical dimension of...Hammerspace

How else does it work? How else could Alexi produce it at a moments notice?

Quick! Fetch the loyal minions!

Twist

"Hammerspace" must cause all sorts of problems for airport security screeners in the worlds that employ it as a rule.

:hits self for applying logic to fiction:

Zedd

ninjannihilator

Quote from: Zedd on November 07, 2006, 01:59:54 AM
I guess "NOONE" gotten my joke

You forgot to say "STOP!"  :freeze

[akward pause]

"Hammer time" :megagroove :funkmario2 :funkluigi1 :wiggle :ddrabel

Jim Halisstrad

We just couldn't touch it since you didn't say Stop.

e_voyager

Stop it's hammer time. oddly enough as much as i like the hammer as a weapon i never got you to thosehammer pants, not even while doing the comic dance .
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Jim Halisstrad

E.

I kinda want to gouge out my Freaking eyes now because of that.  My ears took care of themselves withen the first ten seconds.

:bunnycry

e_voyager

he did well for the time. that was jelleal white sinning you know. h was the voice of all three hedgehogs i believe and if that bothered you are not read to read my author's thread.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Oh, I like it.  Especially the blue lines as the hammer resolves itself.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

King Of Hearts

MT Hazard

Looks like this takes care of the theory that Biggs mistook Alexsi for Dan. I think the secretary is some other kind of deer (not gazelle) of course it could be some sort cross breed or 'that looks good' combination of features. the closest equivalent Iv found is the Kob, a type of antelope. Must be a pain to have horns like that, adding an extra foot or so to your height, banging them on low ceilings. I wonder if their any creatures who would like to 'collect' those horns. I like them because there twisted.

By the way it has been pretty much established that creature + being = creature (in most cases)
but what are the results of creature + diffrent creature ? the one that bounched around my head for a while was cubi + were (three species if you look at it one way). potentially very powerful and just the sort to be the one to fulfil the 'fabled half breed' prophecy.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zedd

It may be a dull noted that Alexis hammer space is special but Amber I give you the Otacon okay-o :)

Siren

Well, the theory of Biggs mistaking Alexsi for Dan goes down the drain.......
But now we come to :
How did Miss Gazelle/Impala know all about Alexsi? She knows her full name, the fact she has a magical mallet, (not surprising, considering the Biggs stole it in the first place), and that she's increadibly violent. Could this be leading up to backstory about Destiana and Edward? They are/were supposed to be in Twink territories. Maybe Biggs tricked them into getting Alexsi engaged to him?

Maybe the gazelle/impala isn't worried about the mallet because Biggs expected it? They seem to know everything about her, so maybe there's a magical sheild to keep her in? Or maybe Miss Gaz-pala is a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Whoo! My very first speculation! *boogie* :ipod

Tapewolf

Quote from: Siren Felenis on November 07, 2006, 06:17:09 AM
But now we come to :
How did Miss Gazelle/Impala know all about Alexsi? She knows her full name, the fact she has a magical mallet, (not surprising, considering the Biggs stole it in the first place), and that she's increadibly violent. Could this be leading up to backstory about Destiana and Edward? They are/were supposed to be in Twink territories. Maybe Biggs tricked them into getting Alexsi engaged to him?

Indeed.  This was one of my theories, that Destania and Edward want to see how their children are doing but for some as-yet-unknown reason are unable to leave the area.  Their solution?  Get Biggs to kidnap Alexsi, which will have the side-effect of luring Dan to the TT in order to rescue her.  If so, Destania is going to be pretty mad when the wrong people turn up.

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2006, 06:48:42 AM
Indeed.  This was one of my theories, that Destania and Edward want to see how their children are doing but for some as-yet-unknown reason are unable to leave the area.  Their solution?  Get Biggs to kidnap Alexsi, which will have the side-effect of luring Dan to the TT in order to rescue her.  If so, Destania is going to be pretty mad when the wrong people turn up.

Problem with that theory is that the problem doesn't exactly scream "Rescue Adventure Mode Dan". If they wanted to lure their son to the Twink Territory, they possibly would have come up with something more dangerous. Just take a look at the "rescue party":

Wildy: No shaman staff, outfit doesn't offer much space to allow for hidden weapons.
Pyroduck: Was never seen with weapons, doesn't carry a sword.
Mab: Much potential, but she never uses it except for extreme/emotional cases

This is not a rescue party journeying into horribly dangerous territory. It's a Sunday-afternoon trip.

Sure, Pyro has tons of potential, but we're not certain that anybody except for Abel has a clue about him being a dragon. So it's possible that Wildy still assumes that he's just some guide with tons of insight.

If I wanted to bring my adventurer-son here, I would come up with something like "Alexsi will be sacrificed to the Dark God in two days" or so. Not "Marriage soon, bring flowers".

Sure, Dan would've tried to come (it's about his sister, after all), but it's not exactly a test to see how much he has grown. And if it's not a test, then why bother with such a complicated plot? Just write him a letter! ^^;

Edit about the missing shaman staff: Of course, it would be totally awesome if the staff had also received an warp-in upgrade like Alexsi's hammer. :boogie
:boogie

ShiningShadow

I think Alexsi has the hammer appear and disappear at will with magic. To produce a mallet like that out of thin air then in the realm of magic is magic 100% for sure. Anywho I think TW has a good theory on the the parents being trapped at twinks territory and need Alexsi, Dan and Abel to get them out. Or there there to give away Alexsi on her wedding day to Pyro *hold on* think about this what if the whole adventering to twinks territory is just a ruse by Pyro to marry Alexsi. If they have dated and it's very serious and what if Pyro proposed to Alexsi when we didn't know and the wedding is at Biggs with his help to get Alexsi there and now is waiting for the groom Pyro to show up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 07, 2006, 07:54:21 AM
*hold on* think about this what if the whole adventering to twinks territory is just a ruse by Pyro to marry Alexsi. If they have dated and it's very serious and what if Pyro proposed to Alexsi when we didn't know and the wedding is at Biggs with his help to get Alexsi there and now is waiting for the groom Pyro to show up.

AFAIK they haven't had a date yet, just agreed on one.

And no, my theory isn't exactly watertight.  I still think that Destania is somehow behind all this, though.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2006, 07:56:30 AM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 07, 2006, 07:54:21 AM
*hold on* think about this what if the whole adventering to twinks territory is just a ruse by Pyro to marry Alexsi. If they have dated and it's very serious and what if Pyro proposed to Alexsi when we didn't know and the wedding is at Biggs with his help to get Alexsi there and now is waiting for the groom Pyro to show up.

AFAIK they haven't had a date yet, just agreed on one.

And no, my theory isn't exactly watertight.  I still think that Destania is somehow behind all this, though.

I don't know I think is a elaborate way to have a wedding with Alexsi and Pyro but if Destania have something to do with this we will see what will develops.

Kenji

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2006, 06:48:42 AM
Quote from: Siren Felenis on November 07, 2006, 06:17:09 AM
But now we come to :

They knew nothing of Daniella, other than how he looked. They probably just had someone stalk Wildy and co back to LL, saw Alexsi, and thought it was Danielle in combination with hair dye (be it blonde dye or brown). Then, once seeing her, learned all they could about her. And may have finally resorted to kidnapping just now, as opposed to when the team first went to SAIA, because of the agreeing to date thing with her and Pyro. Biggs was all "Uh uh! She's mine!". And so on.

There. Speculation from someone who's long since stopped. Go nuts. Or not. RJ might have that market cornered...

Alondro

*Charles notes*  Most likely an impala.  http://www.wildearthnet.org/africa/images/impala_01.jpg

However, female impala don't have the horns.  But, since this is a world in which freakish hybrids and magical mutant creatures abound, anything's possible!   :mowmeep

*Charline... wants to... EAT...  the myootant impala!*   :dribble
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lucheek

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Alondro on November 06, 2006, 11:42:56 PM
*Charline stares at the impala... stares... and drools...*  Must... stalk... so hungry..  :zombiekun2

Charline..dear It is a Grant's gazelle   And she can use those horns on you....

This Hammer Space is what interests me, does Wildy a seem space for her axes???

PBH