11-7-06: Intent to kill? Check.

Started by willow186129, November 06, 2006, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Nah, you just move the fold like you would move the fold in a piece of cloth. But it doesn't remove the weight of the object though.

Faerie Alex

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 09, 2006, 11:56:51 AM
But the cool thing about this. Is that Amber will not explain Alexsi Hammer and where it is, even if she does it will bring more speculation and questions. Finally when does Daniella will have the urge to go to the bathroom and trying to decide which on *Oh the Humanity* >:3 :mwaha
The women's room. He might want an excuse to anyway...uh...yeah. D:<
Jeez I need to update this thing.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on November 09, 2006, 04:53:37 PM
Nah, you just move the fold like you would move the fold in a piece of cloth. But it doesn't remove the weight of the object though.

That will fall on the Einstein's theory. Anywho I think if anything could be in that fold in space then it should be there till the subject decides to take such object from that fold in space.

Stygian

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 10, 2006, 07:23:02 AM
That will fall on the Einstein's theory. Anywho I think if anything could be in that fold in space then it should be there till the subject decides to take such object from that fold in space.

Think before you speak. Energy, gravity condensing - NOT speed. Not going to argue this.

DigitalMan

Quote from: terrycloth on November 09, 2006, 04:23:31 PM
But if you just take the space the hammer is sitting in right now and fold it so the hammer disappears, won't that leave the hammer stuck in the exact spot you left it? Meaning that, among other things, it will quickly be whisked off the planet, out of the solar system, and clear out of the galaxy as they all revolve around things?

That's an excellent point. And if you were somehow carrying that folded space with you, wouldn't it still weigh just as much?

Quote from: Stygian on November 09, 2006, 11:49:36 AM
And I go for the "IT'S MAGIC, YOU STUPID IDIOT!" explanation, even though both I and my character loathe magic and outrageously unexplainable things. Why? Since it means I don't have to bother...

Bah, you just lack the technology to explain magic :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 10, 2006, 11:09:48 AM
Quote from: Stygian on November 09, 2006, 11:49:36 AM
And I go for the "IT'S MAGIC, YOU STUPID IDIOT!" explanation, even though both I and my character loathe magic and outrageously unexplainable things. Why? Since it means I don't have to bother...

Bah, you just lack the technology to explain magic :B

Magic is the ability to interact with femtoscopic particles known as thaumaturgions.
(This stolen from Perdido Street Station by China Miéville)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Stygian

All of your previous arguments somehow argued that the hammer would change its speed, its mass or its potential energy. It does not need to. Space is not solid. Energy is constant.

And I liked The Scar better.

ShiningShadow

okay then matter is solid constantly all the time. what will happen with that matter if it becomes unstable will our universe will cease to exist?

Stygian

No, it degrades. It's called radioactive decay. Unless of course you're talking about some other form of unstable which would be...?

ShiningShadow

Stygian

I have absolutely no idea. I am supposing that the hammer will not attain absolute density or fuse and become a little star all on its own for no explainable reason, so the only thing that I could see as a possible difficulty is... The hammer moving faster than light as a result of creating a sling effect with a much too big Vector Trap? Nah.

I won't go into further speculation. Let's leave this behind.

Alondro

Protons eventually decay, but it takes a few trillion years on average.   :mowmeep

The one thing physicists are scared of is the creation of an absolute vacuum, one that mimics the conditions of the void hypothesized to exist outside the boundary of the universe.  That void could be the condition required to allow a 'Big Bang', as nature does in fact abhore a vacuum and virtual particles are known to appear in near-vacuum conditions.  If one did in fact create a hole in our universe devoid of the quantum properties of our universe, it is possible that a new universe might spring into being inside it and expand into, thus destroying, our universe.  At least, the void theory is according to some theories, others allow for another dimension to exist that our universe expanded into and pushed out fo the way and indicate that such an absolute vacuum isn't even possible.

Meh, either way it doesn't help me get superpowers.   :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bill

Quote from: Alondro on November 12, 2006, 02:42:52 PM

The one thing physicists are scared of is the creation of an absolute vacuum, one that mimics the conditions of the void hypothesized to exist outside the boundary of the universe.  That void could be the condition required to allow a 'Big Bang', as nature does in fact abhore a vacuum and virtual particles are known to appear in near-vacuum conditions.  If one did in fact create a hole in our universe devoid of the quantum properties of our universe, it is possible that a new universe might spring into being inside it and expand into, thus destroying, our universe.  At least, the void theory is according to some theories, others allow for another dimension to exist that our universe expanded into and pushed out fo the way and indicate that such an absolute vacuum isn't even possible.

Should I be worried about this?  :erk

e_voyager

i found that worry is point less. besides in a world were leading physics are spending years if not decades to bring the tech form one of there favorite television shows to bread the fruit or reality nothing can truly be certain. after all if they start saying that maybe star trek got it right ore we got this form star trek then the wold is heading the way of the comic book if you as me. well maybe the graphic novel.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

Quote from: e_voyager on November 12, 2006, 05:05:56 PM
i found that worry is point less. besides in a world were leading physics are spending years if not decades to bring the tech form one of there favorite television shows to bread the fruit or reality nothing can truly be certain. after all if they start saying that maybe star trek got it right ore we got this form star trek then the wold is heading the way of the comic book if you as me. well maybe the graphic novel.

That will be cool I like be all inked in black and white. Anywho as the science is going there will be things that are so stupid as inventions. Like the new Lexus that parallel parks! Okay that falls on stupid inventions and making us more lazy as ever.

Stygian

Protons eventually decay, but it takes a few trillion years on average.   :mowmeep

Meh, either way it doesn't help me get superpowers.   :mowtongue

Ehhhhm... I'm not going to... hehe.... hehaha... haHahAHaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ehehe... hehehe... You just described the origin of Stygian's powers in a single post.

terrycloth

The one thing physicists are scared of is the creation of an absolute vacuum, one that mimics the conditions of the void hypothesized to exist outside the boundary of the universe.  That void could be the condition required to allow a 'Big Bang', as nature does in fact abhore a vacuum and virtual particles are known to appear in near-vacuum conditions.  If one did in fact create a hole in our universe devoid of the quantum properties of our universe, it is possible that a new universe might spring into being inside it and expand into, thus destroying, our universe. 

The version I've heard of this is that physicists are *trying to create* an absolute vaccuum in order to access the theoretical 'zero-point energy' that would defeat entropy and allow us to... vastly reduce our power bills, mostly, but *eventually* maybe we could be gods. Unless it turns out the energy isn't actually free, but the binding force of the universe, and suddenly someone would plug in one too many air conditioners and all reality would cease to exist.

If a new universe suddenly appeared in the middle of ours, we probably wouldn't notice, because it'd have its own time and its own spacial dimensions. Or maybe we would... there's no easy way to predict what it would look like from our perspective. Maybe it would kill us all, god only knows (since presumably he saw what happened to his own universe when he created this one).

Stygian

Well said.

Quote from: terrycloth on November 13, 2006, 02:07:42 PM
The one thing physicists are scared of is the creation of an absolute vacuum, one that mimics the conditions of the void hypothesized to exist outside the boundary of the universe.  That void could be the condition required to allow a 'Big Bang', as nature does in fact abhore a vacuum and virtual particles are known to appear in near-vacuum conditions.  If one did in fact create a hole in our universe devoid of the quantum properties of our universe, it is possible that a new universe might spring into being inside it and expand into, thus destroying, our universe.

The version I've heard of this is that physicists are *trying to create* an absolute vaccuum in order to access the theoretical 'zero-point energy' that would defeat entropy and allow us to... vastly reduce our power bills, mostly, but *eventually* maybe we could be gods. Unless it turns out the energy isn't actually free, but the binding force of the universe, and suddenly someone would plug in one too many air conditioners and all reality would cease to exist.

If a new universe suddenly appeared in the middle of ours, we probably wouldn't notice, because it'd have its own time and its own spacial dimensions. Or maybe we would... there's no easy way to predict what it would look like from our perspective. Maybe it would kill us all, god only knows (since presumably he saw what happened to his own universe when he created this one).

And you've stumbled upon yet another of my plot devices...

ShiningShadow

Sty do you have a portable universe in your pocket? :mowdizzy

Stygian

No. But my worst enemy has one in a big facility underground. Or rather, a portal to one. But he's missing the "key" to it. But that is completely off topic. Let's get this back on track.

ShiningShadow

Yes lets do that so when the violence will happen at Alexsi wedding when she finally put the smack down on Biggs?