2006-10-28: Abel's Story

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, October 27, 2006, 09:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psaakyrn

Of cause, Devin might have been deformed (like maybe overly stubby wings), which led to someone/thedoctor/hismom/someone deciding to amputate it entirely. :zombiekun2
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Zedd

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

The one hammer better to use...*summons the power of Dark Moon*

Magic

Quote from: Roureem Egas on October 31, 2006, 12:59:06 AM
Quote from: Teroniss on October 31, 2006, 12:49:52 AM
I find a problem with you explanation Ink, simply cuz it has a few holes that can be filled, and explains still the possibility of Devin and Abel being related. 1.) It could go back to the fact that May Rewanz may be the Cubi in Abel's family and that Cid had an affair with Devin's mother, and Devin inherited his coloring from her. 2.) We still havent seen what Devin looked like as a baby, and when his mother died, whoever adopted him may have been a Cubi, or a person fmailiar with Cubi and taught him how to hide his wings. 3.) I believed it was explained somewhere way back when that when a Creature breeds with a Being, the offspring while not a halfbreed, will end up being a Creature Or a Being and that the chances of it being a Creature are not 100%

(ahh, check that on number two, i looked closer and just noticed baby Devin. well that still leave 1 and 3)

Quote from: Ink on October 30, 2006, 03:43:20 AM
Oh no-- not at all. I'm stating the obvious; That incubi are succubi are inherently magical, and that that trait replaces genetics in terms of deciding whether or not someone will be born as an/a incubus/succubus or not.

Being and a being will result in a being,
Creature and a creature will result in a creature,
And a being and a creature will always result in a creature.
[/b]

There goes your third theory.

I didn't want to repeat myself on that third one. But that point is an assertion, not a fact; there is no universal theory of magic to either prove or disprove it yet.

Anyway, the first theory is a possibility, I'd give you just that; Simply because it's difficult to tell what Devin's mother's eyecolour by the colouring from the current strip. It would have been too easy to discern the identities of both parents if the flashback was in full colour anyway.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ink on October 31, 2006, 04:06:51 AM
It would have been too easy to discern the identities of both parents if the flashback was in full colour anyway.

Oooo. nicely done. :square
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

There's something in Devin that he didn't get killed as a baby. He's special what it is I don't know but as Abel story goes along we will find out in small pieces. It will add to the grand puzzle that Amber is showing us.

Aridas

Didn't Amber publically say that "being + creature = creature" was wrong? >.>

Stygian

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 31, 2006, 07:48:43 AM
Didn't Amber publically say that "being + creature = creature" was wrong? >.>

Ehm, sorry. I beleive you are completely spacing out there. No hiding it.

Aridas

Then maybe you need to read more closely >_>

Teroniss

Hah, so 2 of my Theories are possible then, booya Ink  :mwaha
j/k, love ya man  :hug

ninjannihilator

So with the new strip it seems that Devin is probably just jealous of Abel because Abel had loving parents and he didn't.

Aridas

It could also be because it was an outlet, not necessarily that he was targeting him because of his family.

ShiningShadow

I think he's being targeted because of his father is the same father that walked out on Devin and his mother.