Oct 9: Dan's got a big sword

Started by komissarmakarov, October 08, 2006, 11:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Evil.Iguana on October 09, 2006, 09:23:20 PMSee what she is up to?
amber and fluffy are the successors of Pinky and the Brain and DMFA is just one of their plots
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Zedd

Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 09, 2006, 10:30:11 PM
amber and fluffy are the successors of Pinky and the Brain and DMFA is just one of their plots

Zort!

Saist

Quote from: Zedd on October 09, 2006, 11:40:33 PM
Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 09, 2006, 10:30:11 PM

Zort!

I think you meant...

NARF!

DigitalMan

I've only played FFVII for a short time, but I did see Advent Children. I like pretty shiny flashy CG effects... I like them a lot...

Quote from: King Of Hearts on October 09, 2006, 10:17:36 PM
Its not the size of the sword that matters, its how you use it.

Im somewhat hoping this turns out to go the way of RHPS at one point or another...

That would be so very horribly frightening and mind-scarring... I wonder if Amber has even seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

e_voyager

odd i was sure i posted here before. yes that was definite a FF7  reference. i thought i made a mention about that dress. once it's in your inventory you just can't get rid of the thing. you can't sell it ore throw it away. still it was pretty funny how that worked out in the game. it reminded of Dan's quest to regains his sisters hammer
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 09, 2006, 06:28:23 AM
Quote from: Jack McSlay on October 09, 2006, 05:43:21 AM
maybe he's surprised dan can weild a sword that large... I wonder if he can hide a Zankantou under that dress
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY-E_P9uK50

*jaw drops to the floor* Holy...

Dood, I want a game where the characters spontaneously break into an anime-style cutscene and wield an impossibly huge sharp object, dealing obscene amounts of overkill...

Quote from: Gabi on October 09, 2006, 06:24:16 AM
This reminds me of the Dan from Furcadia. He had so many concealed weapons it was best not to go anywhere near him. Well, that and he used to talk about lots of things I couldn't understand.

I am very much starting to like that Dan, tell me more >:3

THe game you should get I could recomend is legalia or Legends of Legalia it has all of that and more check it out in the web I might have the title wrong its from PS2......

ShiningShadow

But it's a very cool reference but the the sword need to be a hair bigger.  :meh I'm fighting a 100.3 temp fever and I'm at work............................

Alan Garou

Quote from: Ink on October 09, 2006, 05:04:47 PM
QuoteIs it wrong for me to have a crush on Danielle?

No.

I do wonder though, why not Alexsi? Doesn't she look like Dan turned into a female? Granted, Dan has to morph into Alexsi after all--

Quite simple, Doctor. I'm attracted to Alexsi's looks and to Dan(ielle)'s goofy personality. And if Amber really is plotting to change me from straight, she's too late. Lots of creepy fanfictions already accomplished that for her.  :blink

Lomgren

Well, I never made it past disc 1 of FF7 myself, but I plan on trying to do that sometime.  And the only feasible way I can see of trying to hide that sword is in the back of the dress.  Just imagine the sword being strapped to Dan's back in a giant scabbard... it'd work that way, I think.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Lomgren on October 10, 2006, 11:06:18 AM
Well, I never made it past disc 1 of FF7 myself, but I plan on trying to do that sometime.  And the only feasible way I can see of trying to hide that sword is in the back of the dress.  Just imagine the sword being strapped to Dan's back in a giant scabbard... it'd work that way, I think.
:yeahthat

Imagine that big sword ripping the dress from the back apart ahh yes a kodak moment right there.........................

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Manawolf

It is utilized by all FF characters (to the best of my knowledge).  And you people really need to grow up about the FF7 bashing.  There have been less enjoyable RPGs out there, and the game still brought plenty of interesting stuff to the RPG world.  Also, FF7 Cid has been the best incarnation of Cid ever.

Lomgren

Quote from: e_voyager on October 10, 2006, 11:59:54 AM
did you two forget about hammer space?

As I'm used to it from El Goonish Shive, no I didn't... for the hammer space that I'm used to, Dan wouldn't be able to access it because he is only masquerading as a female, not truly female.  I'm not sure how it's used in FF, but that'd make sense... but this is still DMFA.  It's been too long since I read through the archives, so I don't remember how it works here.

e_voyager

Sid is the pilot right? how do you get him to lend you his plane? i tried for 8 hours also with  going monster hunting.

Reese Tora

Quote from: e_voyager on October 10, 2006, 12:17:38 PM
Sid is the pilot right? how do you get him to lend you his plane? i tried for 8 hours also with  going monster hunting.

There's a sequence that you trigger by going back and talking with his assistant.

I will say no more, as this forum doesn't appear to have a 'spoiler' tag.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Manawolf on October 10, 2006, 12:04:50 PM
It is utilized by all FF characters (to the best of my knowledge).  And you people really need to grow up about the FF7 bashing.  There have been less enjoyable RPGs out there, and the game still brought plenty of interesting stuff to the RPG world.  Also, FF7 Cid has been the best incarnation of Cid ever.

:yeahthat

Yep I love how Cid curses cool I played that game to death and killed every Beast Ruby especially the millioneth time. The FF series is the best that anybody played so far. But let's get back to the topic. If Dan does pull that hammer trick then it will be cool and very hillarious to boot. But until the next episode we will never know......................

e_voyager

Beware Shining for the shadows know many things that we not and the mind of the cartoonist it a scary and varied thing.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: e_voyager on October 10, 2006, 01:02:57 PM
Beware Shining for the shadows know many things that we not and the mind of the cartoonist it a scary and varied thing.

Oh I forgot about that one sorry my bad...................

DigitalMan

Quote from: e_voyager on October 10, 2006, 11:59:54 AM
did you two forget about hammer space?

Oh you have got to be kidding me! I actually thought up a reasonable explanation for why my character can pull weapons from nowhere, when I could have just used "hammer space" as an explanation?

e_voyager

i was uisge it when i was DGE for the longest and i did not enver knopw that it was called. by the way digitalman do you know digimortal?

DigitalMan

I just use my own pocket dimension, aptly called the Z-Buffer. But it has an important feature; beyond the popular pulling-an-object-from-nowhere, it allows for making the objects disappear again as well  :P

And I have no idea who digimortal is. Should I? He's not plotting to take over my Empire, is he?

e_voyager

some one i used to get emails form. aside form being a band name digimortal is also the name of someone on the VCL. it's been a long tome and i don't think that that's is the same digimortal that i knew, i don't see the logo i remember on any of the works there.

ShiningShadow

Those therories will work I said throw at DR INK and I bet you he will settle this. Either that or you get a painfull shot *ouch*

Kenji

And you people really need to grow up about the FF7 bashing.

Isn't this coming from the guy who is constantly insulting all forms of homosexuality at a constant rate?

I don't bash the game because I hate it. I just think it's quite boring, aside from the Chocobo raising. However, I bash it because everyone who's a fan of it, seems to despise FF9 (my fav) and bash it.

Vidar

Quote from: FireKatKid on October 11, 2006, 11:43:51 AM

Isn't this coming from the guy who is constantly insulting all forms of homosexuality at a constant rate?

I don't bash the game because I hate it. I just think it's quite boring, aside from the Chocobo raising. However, I bash it because everyone who's a fan of it, seems to despise FF9 (my fav) and bash it.

There also those who love FF6, and hate everything that came after it. Back in my day we didn't have fance 3d shenanigens. We had SPRITES, and transparency was a SPECIAL EFFECT. We didn't have no 'cinematic cut-scenes', we had 60 hours of solid story-line. We had to survive the destruction of the planet, and we liked it.

* swings cane around, while sitting in a rocking-chair, with a blanket over his  legs *
Now get off my lawn!
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Kenji

Quote from: Vidar on October 11, 2006, 12:00:50 PM

There also those who love FF6, and hate everything that came after it. Back in my day we didn't have fance 3d shenanigens. We had SPRITES, and transparency was a SPECIAL EFFECT. We didn't have no 'cinematic cut-scenes', we had 60 hours of solid story-line. We had to survive the destruction of the planet, and we liked it.

* swings cane around, while sitting in a rocking-chair, with a blanket over his  legs *
Now get off my lawn!

Yes, from what I saw and remember, that game was the most depressing out of any of them. Quite lovely, that'un.

Aridas

I thought it was 8 that people bashed D:

9 was just kind of "Hey, let's go back to our roots and keep one foot in the 3D door" or whatever.. as far as I know.. and people who hate it probably aren't really FF fans... 9 was pretty good.

Prroul

Quote from: Eibbor_N on October 09, 2006, 04:33:58 PM
Out of curiosity, what did you consider the best Final Fantasy?

AND, to keep somewhat on topic, I'd better add that I love Dan's smile in the final panel.

FF VI (That would be 3 for those of us who owned an SNES) is my #1 fav FF title, with IV (2 for us geezers) behind it, and the original 8-bit NES FF is tied with X for 3rd place.

And VI wasn't depressing, it had an actual villan instead of a whiny emo gothboy whose main attack form was Fanservice. Then again, since the hero of VII was another whiny emo with a Napeolian complex and a very unhealthy obsession on one of the other party members, I suppose that was all they could realistically stand against.

[old geezer voice]Now back in my day, we had bad guys who would blow up the world, not just try. An' they had big freekin' lasers to destroy villages on a whim, too. We didn't have no Omnislash or Quatra-summon KOTR to take him down in one hit, either. No, but He sure had Fallen One and N. Cross to take out the party in one combo if'n you weren't careful. Back when villans were villans, and heros were heros... you young whippersnappers just wouldn't understand[/old geezer voice]

And to try and keep on topic, I think Dan was grinning at freaking out Abel as much as anything, although perhaps considering what that sword would do to Abel might have crossed his thoughts once or twice...

Zedd

As I may be keep the task at hand...Has anyone noticed the color of Dans mascaria change color?

Kenji

Quote from: Prroul on October 11, 2006, 12:48:49 PM
And VI wasn't depressing

I dunno, I think seeing one of your main character's entire family get onto the Death Train, just as you celebrate your "victory" over it is pretty depressing. >.> Not to mention at the start of the game, your main character's two friends die. Just to name a few. :3
And the reason I mention the depressing factor, is I had a friend who kept going on about how "depressing" FFVII was.