Trip Report

Started by xHaZxMaTx, October 06, 2006, 07:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xHaZxMaTx

If I'm on your AIM/MSN/XFire buddy list, then you'll know that I just got back from the DMV.  No, I wasn't getting a driver's liscense, I was getting a Gov't issued photo I.D.  I'll be needing it when I go to Canada. :)

My mom and I will be taking Amtrak and Via Canadian Rail across North America for 30 days with a special pass.  We're still planning our trip, but we're pretty much done as far as wat trains we're taking.  We'll be going everywhere from New York to Toronto and everywhere inbetween.

I'm sure most if not all of you (hopefully) are worried about not hearing from me for a whole month, but don't fret. We'll hopefully be getting a cellular internet card for our laptop so I can access the internet wherever I get cell service.  And if that falls through, we'll be stopping every now-and-then in a hotel, where I'm sure they have an internet connection.

We'll be leaving on the 25th of this month, which is still a few weeks away, but I though I'd give you the heads up.

-EDIT-

Trip Report
10/25/06
10/26/06

Zedd

Thanks *hugs tight* Be safe amgio

Anara

*hug* have fun! We'll miss you much ;)

Suwako

Well pre-best wishes I guess  :3

River flows as it finds pleasing.

mini-lion

Mew Mew Renee

See ya later. Is'nt someone else from canada? :januscat

xHaZxMaTx

There's a lot of people from Canada.

Bah, some things have come up at my mom's work and we won't be doing the whole monthlong trip.  We're still going to Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, though;  it closes a few days after we get there and won't be open again until May.  Hopefully we'll be taking the monthlong trip in March.

Mew Mew Renee

oh hm....... I don't pay atention of where people are in these forums! :januscat

Zedd

Drop by and say hello sometimes

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hello!

... oh, you meant in person, rather than on the forums? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Now isnt this box deserve an oscar for his best acting*

Mew Mew Renee

xHaZxMaTx

Well, nevermind then!  I guess we're going on our monthlong trip.

Quote from: EveryoneMake up your mind!

:P

Nikki

*whimper* don't leave me with these psychos >>

:P

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

bill

xHaZxMaTx

Well like I said before, we'll hopefully be getting a cellular internet card, so wherever I get a cell signal, I'll have the internet. :3

xHaZxMaTx

We got our cellular internet card yesterday, so don't worry about me leaving you all awone with the psychos, Xze. :P

Stygian

Connection failure, za?

Anyway, best of wishes from a complete stranger. Here, that means even better luck than those from a friend.

xHaZxMaTx

Yayz0rz, today is my last day of school for the next 31 days. :3

Roureem Egas

Suwako

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 24, 2006, 10:43:57 AM
Yayz0rz, today is my last day of school for the next 31 days. :3

I envy you s0o0o much. Praise thee to heaven.

Zedd

Time to kiss some good boots tonights X3

xHaZxMaTx

Say what now?

I'm envied! :lol  I have to get to the train station by 4:25 AM, which means I have to wake up at 2:30 to make sure everything's packed and what not.  I must just stay up all night.

-EDIT-
Ok, on the train and about 30 minutes out of the station.  Next stop, Stockton California. :3  This is like home away from home.  I have my music, computer, internet, camera, etc, so I can update in real-time throughout the trip. :cool

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. is that a good thing? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bill

Look forward to no internet for about the entire midwest.

xHaZxMaTx

I'm not expecting to have the internet the whole trip.  I've already lost the connection twice today. :P

Zedd

Dont get spanked with moon rocks now

bill

Heh, I'm visualizing a old map with a red line being drawn across your route as I read your post.

xHaZxMaTx

:mad I forgot about the tunnels.  Though I'm actually keeping the signal through some of the shorter ones.  It's like a game;  "Am I going to lose the signal? :)"

Zedd

Just be safe now okay dude?