2024-04-15 - DMFA #2121 - The party's over

Started by Tapewolf, April 15, 2024, 04:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Yeah, DP is pulling funding.  I wonder how quickly, though?  Does he have to give five years notice or something?
Will he help them find an equally hands-off sponsor?

How much do these things cost to run anyway?  It'd be kind of fun if he dumped it on one of the other cast members.

"Abel.  You have an inheritance from Zinvth.  Want to buy some real estate?"
For all we know Cyra has some kind of clan treasury that Dan stands to benefit from.  Of course, in both those cases, they're on the lam from Hizell and can't actually do the whole "defend the village from rival Creatures" bit.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Prroul

I think the child of Cyra would not make an adequate sponsor. After all, the whole reason for doing so is to lend the 'if you screw with this village, you screw with the sponsor, and you wouldn't want that, now would you' air of discouragement for other more powerful races. Abel or Dan ending up as sponsor would paint a big huge bulls-eye for all of Hizell's forces and would spell its certain doom.

I could see him handing it over to his niece, though. She's already met the townsfolk, kindly disposed to it, and I could see this being something of a coming of age gift to her. A girl's first sponsorship, an introduction to responsibility so that she might grow into a proper lady who understands the weight of such things.

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2024, 04:24:00 AMYeah, DP is pulling funding.  I wonder how quickly, though?  Does he have to give five years notice or something?

How much do these things cost to run anyway?  It'd be kind of fun if he dumped it on one of the other cast members.

"Abel.  You have an inheritance from Zinvth.  Want to buy some real estate?"
For all we know Cyra has some kind of clan treasury that Dan stands to benefit from.  Of course, in both those cases, they're on the lam from Hizell and can't actually do the whole "defend the village from rival Creatures" bit.

Maybe Regina will ask Aliph to keep sponsoring the town so she can use it as a safe house? She seems to like it there.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on April 15, 2024, 06:24:42 AMI could see him handing it over to his niece, though. She's already met the townsfolk, kindly disposed to it, and I could see this being something of a coming of age gift to her. A girl's first sponsorship, an introduction to responsibility so that she might grow into a proper lady who understands the weight of such things.

That had occurred to me, but I don't think she yet has the financial muscle to maintain it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2024, 04:24:00 AMYeah, DP is pulling funding.  I wonder how quickly, though?  Does he have to give five years notice or something?

yeah if you don't complete your financial acquittal in time it impacts future funding milestones, it's all in the grants guidelines

Prroul

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2024, 08:27:34 AM
Quote from: Prroul on April 15, 2024, 06:24:42 AMI could see him handing it over to his niece, though. She's already met the townsfolk, kindly disposed to it, and I could see this being something of a coming of age gift to her. A girl's first sponsorship, an introduction to responsibility so that she might grow into a proper lady who understands the weight of such things.

That had occurred to me, but I don't think she yet has the financial muscle to maintain it.

She does have ties to the fashion industry now. The town's already got some textiles going, which she commented on during their tour-slash-shopping-trip. She saw potential there. She has the connections to bring a lot of fashion trade to and through the town, which would be revenue-generation in a way that would be equal to if not superior than a mere cash injection, because it also gets the local markets invigorated.

Plus, while she's a younger scion as Demons count things, she is a member of the Soulstealer clan and can call on backup if she needs it. Without the personal animosity Aliph generated, it wouldn't be something most creatures would want to take on trivially.In addition to being able to call on him, she might also be able to call on Kria for a couple of hired hits if she can't take care of it herself. So security would still be maintained.

There's some potential here. Also potential for some conflict, as people hear Dark Pegasus has left and are wanting to test the waters, so to speak. Which honestly? Gives her a chance to establish her credentials. She's not weak, as Creatures go. She hasn't had a chance to prove herself yet. This gives her an opportunity to do that, while also playing the 'hero' by saving her little village and turning the aggressors into 'some assembly required'.

Radagast

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 15, 2024, 08:27:34 AM

That, and DP was also very cagey about her identity, which was one of the things that sparked this kerfuffle in the first place, because - and I quote - "unnamed demons mean rampages".  DP evidently judged that presumption to be less dangerous than revealing Regina's name.  Presumably, if she were to sponsor the town, she'd have to officially reveal that name.  And I don't imagine that it's particularly likely that DP would reverse course on that in the immediate future.
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!