[Epsilon Chapter 47]

Started by Starcat5, March 28, 2024, 11:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

47-01 - Step one - kill your way to Jerry

Oh great, the berserker has been activated. Now watch as she attacks the rescue team due to "Cubi are Shapeshifters You Moron". -_(\
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ProfesseurRenard

I like the way Taun phrases things: "the road of plastic stone", "the river underground", "the iron tree". The bit about Archaeon and tell-tales is slightly confusing, but I'm guessing there's a homing device in Jerry's 'chariot'?

Liatai

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 29, 2024, 01:53:03 PMI like the way Taun phrases things: "the road of plastic stone", "the river underground", "the iron tree". The bit about Archaeon and tell-tales is slightly confusing, but I'm guessing there's a homing device in Jerry's 'chariot'?

Translation: "Archaeon griped about it for hundreds of years until we installed GPS trackers in our clan trucks." X3

Actually, here's the full transliteration as I can manage it, in case Taun's archaic speech is vexing folks -- correct me if I'm wrong!

"He lies beside a tarmac road, between the sewer/water lines underground and a power line pole."

"Look to his jeep. Archaeon griped about it for centuries until they got fitted with GPS tracking devices."

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 29, 2024, 01:53:03 PMI like the way Taun phrases things: "the road of plastic stone", "the river underground", "the iron tree". The bit about Archaeon and tell-tales is slightly confusing, but I'm guessing there's a homing device in Jerry's 'chariot'?

There is a story behind this.  Years ago - and the comic story is about 12 years old now - I was going somewhere with my dad and my brother, probably celebrating someone's birthday.
We took a somewhat convoluted intersection by some pylons and someone said that it would sound interesting as a mystic prophecy.
e.g. "To go east, you must first go west, at the turning by the iron tree..." or somesuch.  I liked the idea and poached it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 29, 2024, 06:11:36 PM

There is a story behind this.  Years ago - and the comic story is about 12 years old now - I was going somewhere with my dad and my brother, probably celebrating someone's birthday.
We took a somewhat convoluted intersection by some pylons and someone said that it would sound interesting as a mystic prophecy.
e.g. "To go east, you must first go west, at the turning by the iron tree..." or somesuch.  I liked the idea and poached it.

Sounds like a good tale. Should I be familiar with this Archaeon fellow who pressed for the GPS in the Taun jeeps?

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on March 29, 2024, 11:35:10 PMSounds like a good tale. Should I be familiar with this Archaeon fellow who pressed for the GPS in the Taun jeeps?

Not really.  They happened to be one of my name Taun characters:  http://projectfuturecomic.com/strip.php?strip=241
...probably the top-left one.

ProfesseurRenard

47-02 - Nothing like a bit of blood-writing to make the 'Cubi race look safe and stable

Yes, I would be rather tetchy too if someone had gone on a killing spree and smeared excerpts from Asa Gray's botany papers at the crime scenes. Not an exact parallel, since I haven't yet formed an Asa Gray appreciation society, but the point stands.

Starcat5

I want to make a "writing on the wall" joke, but an upset tummy is distracting me.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Starcat5

47-03 - The prospect of losing your head can be a good way to buck up your ideas

A headache spell... I am not sure if that is clever, or just clever slapstick, but I like it!  :mwaha

Liatai

Haha, clever! Causes the victim enough pain to induce some fear with enough theatrics, which the errant young Daryil 'cubus could feed on, with minimal lingering effects, while making the kid think he's doing something. Just not quite doing it RIGHT, because no soul comes out. But soul eating is complex, right? Of course it would take several attempts! Good parenting, Callahan. XD

Raskahn

The wizard of "I cast: Instant Brazillian wax!" comes to mind.

Starcat5

47-04 - Sometimes you can choose your family

There is the Family you are born into, and the Family you choose. With luck, there will be overlap.  :hug

And sanity check, aside from Xer and next week's E.P. (as mentioned before the weekly News wipe), which updates are most likely to be effected by Merlin's absence? "Line Art/Sketch with Text" updates go in one category, "Missed Outright" goes in another. Unless of course there is no intention to do Sketch updates, in which case the point is moot. Not trying to pester, just wanting to know what to expect.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on April 18, 2024, 09:46:07 PMAnd sanity check, aside from Xer and next week's E.P. (as mentioned before the weekly News wipe), which updates are most likely to be effected by Merlin's absence? "Line Art/Sketch with Text" updates go in one category, "Missed Outright" goes in another. Unless of course there is no intention to do Sketch updates, in which case the point is moot. Not trying to pester, just wanting to know what to expect.

The only thing I have right now is the Sierra update which has a small buffer and would have updated last week if I had remembered to do so.  It was this week's Epsilon I was worried about - the next one should be less of a problem.  Not sure about Bounty yet.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on April 18, 2024, 09:46:07 PM47-04 - Sometimes you can choose your family

There is the Family you are born into, and the Family you choose. With luck, there will be overlap.  :hug

Nice to see that dear old Dad made it into that overlap.

Starcat5

47-05 - At least it wasn't a racing-style catsuit

Oh, great. Now I want to see members of Clan Daryil in those suits while shapeshifted into cats.  :januscat  :januscat  :januscat

...of course, we could just stuff Ashley into a suit, but the poor lad has enough on his plate keeping the computers up and running. Conversely, Lord Page isn't technically part of Clan Daryil, though convincing him to wear the suit might get Jacob to lighten up on the subject.  :mowmeep

Raskahn

Quote from: Starcat5 on April 27, 2024, 02:06:45 PM...of course, we could just stuff Ashley into a suit, but the poor lad has enough on his plate keeping the computers up and running.

I'm sure we can ask Daryil to shuffle his priorities, for science? Yes! For science.