2023-05-09 [DMFA Filler]

Started by Glenn Griffon, May 09, 2023, 02:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Griffon

I love Regina's design and her backstory.
I also adore her because I just really like characters that have three fingered hands.
I'm glad that Ambaaargh decided to fill in and fill out her story and make her into a very deep character.

WhyNot?

I'll be honest I never really picked up that Demons were meant to have horns.

TBF, the only Demons who show up with them in DMFA are from naturally horned species like Reg or Lore so it was easy to miss. I know it pops up fairly frequently in Project Future but I just assumed that was an affectation of Tape's.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: WhyNot? on May 09, 2023, 03:31:12 PM

TBF, the only Demons who show up with them in DMFA are from naturally horned species like Reg or Lore so it was easy to miss. I know it pops up fairly frequently in Project Future but I just assumed that was an affectation of Tape's.

I recall Aliph having at least one horn on his nose...

WhyNot?

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on May 09, 2023, 08:56:09 PM
I recall Aliph having at least one horn on his nose...

Yeah, but the character page for him says they're fake horns. Not sure how canon that is given that the ones that got updated removed the 'Fun Facts' sections but it was enough to make sense for me.

He's still the only member of the family from a non-horned species to have them, unless you count the unicorn but those are established to be a race that exists already so it's kinda the same thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: WhyNot? on May 09, 2023, 03:31:12 PM

Yeah, in the demonology it says it's "not uncommon for them to have horns".  So mine generally do, but there are a few outliers such as Ernst, Emily and the executioner hare from the Commission ( http://projectfuturecomic.com/xerian.php?strip=11-01 ).  Interestingly the hare was Merlin's design, the other two I specifically planned not to have horns in the stories.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhyNot?

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2023, 03:32:17 AM
Yeah, in the demonology it says it's "not uncommon for them to have horns".  So mine generally do, but there are a few outliers such as Ernst, Emily and the executioner hare from the Commission ( http://projectfuturecomic.com/xerian.php?strip=11-01 ).  Interestingly the hare was Merlin's design, the other two I specified planned not to have horns in the stories.

Yeah, I think since uncommon ≠ common it kinda just faded into the background of my mind and it never struck me that it was intended to be a regular feature. That said, looking back, the DP creates the Undead bit has a number of them and even the arc I started reading during has a blatant example.

TBF to myself, the more clearly visible and memorable examples look like naturally horned animals. And it does seem like DP's horns not being natural is still a thing judging by his flashback self so that's something neat that came out of this.

Tarakona

I started out really disliking Regina. She seemed arrogant and spoiled. She was a violent brat. But knowing so much more about her background and family makes it easier to understand and even sympathize with her. That's one of the things I love about the DMFA characters in general- how Amber takes efforts to make them complex and relatable. We all come from different worlds and experiences and see things through different lenses. 

Hariman

Quote from: Tarakona on May 10, 2023, 07:58:06 PMI started out really disliking Regina. She seemed arrogant and spoiled. She was a violent brat. But knowing so much more about her background and family makes it easier to understand and even sympathize with her. That's one of the things I love about the DMFA characters in general- how Amber takes efforts to make them complex and relatable. We all come from different worlds and experiences and see things through different lenses. 

Agreed.

I've brought up Dark Pegasus' change from heartless villain to Lorenda saying "He's my uncle.", to "DAMNIT! She made me like the evil killer horse demon!" during the stream a couple times.

And Kria went in a similar direction.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!