Cast and Demonology links

Started by InhumanInterest, September 19, 2023, 07:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InhumanInterest

Not sure if I'm missing something but I'm just getting a blank when I click on either of those links. The "about," "Forum," and "Links" ones are all working as normal.

Tapewolf

Quote from: InhumanInterest on September 19, 2023, 07:40:08 AMNot sure if I'm missing something but I'm just getting a blank when I click on either of those links. The "about," "Forum," and "Links" ones are all working as normal.

Thanks, that's probably more fallout from the PHP8.1 upgrade.  I'll take a look.

EDIT: Yes, the subsystem driving the cast and demo that Robbie wrote years ago was doing stuff like line{0} instead of line[0] and PHP8 doesn't like that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

Speaking of, are there any plans on updating the Cast Page? While I can see an intent on not spoiling events in later Chapters of Book 1, we are years deep into Book 2. A Book that assumes the reader is up to date on Book 1, and has introduced a litany of new cast members not covered in the current system.

If keeping the old Cast Page as-is truly is important, then a second page specifically for The Epsilon Project might be worth thinking about. Not everyone is medically disabled and has the free time to reread 44 chapters (and counting) every six months just to refresh on who this or that Epsilon-specific character that is.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on September 20, 2023, 06:45:22 AMSpeaking of, are there any plans on updating the Cast Page? While I can see an intent on not spoiling events in later Chapters of Book 1, we are years deep into Book 2. A Book that assumes the reader us up to date on Book 1, and has introduced a litany of new cast members not covered in the current system.

Maybe we'll be able to get that done before Epsilon finishes.  Kind of like the archive system for Epsilon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E