2022-06-30 [RE 75.19] - Quasi-divine

Started by Tapewolf, June 30, 2022, 09:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

It had occurred to me that a Clanner would probably take more than the usual amount of suppression bracers.

I am still curious how these people haven't worked out that he's a direct servant of Phoenix, though.  The Ceraph clanners are pretty loud and obnoxious about it, since they'd otherwise be dismissed as fruitcakes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Indeed. I especially wonder how the fact that agents of Grey slit Claw's bloody throat only for her to revive wasn't incontrovertible proof that neither Claw nor Princess Paige are in league with Grey.

In any case, I look forward to seeing the Reinan Know-Nothings get their comeuppance. Betraying and imprisoning their lawful sovereign and her intended consort because they've got it into their teeny-tiny dinky little brains that the restoration was somehow a long con by Grey? I can't be alone in wanting the conspirators' insurrection to fail in a spectacular fashion.

Lying Foo

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on July 01, 2022, 10:59:07 AM
Indeed. I especially wonder how the fact that agents of Grey slit Claw's bloody throat only for her to revive wasn't incontrovertible proof that neither Claw nor Princess Paige are in league with Grey.

I just assumed that the usurpers didn't believe that happened.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 06, 2022, 11:29:52 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on July 01, 2022, 10:59:07 AM

I just assumed that the usurpers didn't believe that happened.

Hadn't considered that possibility.

Lying Foo

Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 07, 2022, 12:17:31 AM
Sorry - was that sarcasm?

Not at all. I honestly assumed that the account of Claw getting her throat cut by agents of Grey and then reviving had been publicly circulated in Rei, part of the whole "Our Princess's intended consort is Phoenix incarnate" packet. It hadn't occurred to me- A) that that detail would be glossed over somehow, or B) that even if it was, the Know-Nothings that overthrew Paige would reject the story under the heading of "And that is what the Greys want you to believe".

Lying Foo

Still think it's not a coincidence that a "cursed" Trickster saved Claw - Jake is somehow taking care of his old boytoy, even if he's given himself an innie (or if he's come to favor a Clanner with one).

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 08, 2022, 01:21:18 AM
Still think it's not a coincidence that a "cursed" Trickster saved Claw - Jake is somehow taking care of his old boytoy, even if he's given himself an innie (or if he's come to favor a Clanner with one).

I'm confused, where do Tricksters enter into it?

Lying Foo

Claw and Paige were rescued by a "cursed" Trickster back in Grey.

(EDIT: Hear the above in a Boston accent, "Claw-r-and Paige."  Admittedly, I don't think it's too far from Merlin's Strayan.)

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 08, 2022, 04:09:53 PM
Claw and Paige were rescued by a "cursed" Trickster back in Grey.

(EDIT: Hear the above in a Boston accent, "Claw-r-and Paige."  Admittedly, I don't think it's too far from Merlin's Stayan.)

Guess I missed that detail. Or clean forgot about it. It's been awhile.