2021/11/06 [I, Panther: Chapter 1]

Started by Raskahn, November 08, 2021, 02:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

Apart from the brain scooping visual that has now forever ruined strawberry icecream for me, i did not expect the WEEE to creep into here as well. Having dealt with that for a long time at work, I can say this: WEEE, it sounds like it's fun. but it's not.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on November 08, 2021, 02:24:36 PM
Apart from the brain scooping visual that has now forever ruined strawberry icecream for me, i did not expect the WEEE to creep into here as well. Having dealt with that for a long time at work, I can say this: WEEE, it sounds like it's fun. but it's not.

I suspect a platinum-iridium sponge would probably look a bit more like lemon sorbet.
And yes, my Dad helped set up the WEEE side of a recycling firm in the late 90s (presumably to get ready for the 2002 directive).  I don't remember the gory details, but it was certainly complicated.

As for the Panther comic, there is only this one chapter planned for now.  Maybe I'll write a sequel eventually, as I do like the panthers.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Hm, unfortunate that there hasn't been many comments on this particular side-story, I've been enjoying it almost as much as Xerian. Poor Niall, having to deal with this astoundingly paranoid cyberjag. xD

Although, with all the back-and-forth that's gone on between Niall and Asimov, every one of Asimov's wild fearful imaginings that Niall has debunked, one after another...I'm surprised Niall STILL hasn't RETURNED to the one big important question here that Asimov conspicuously did not answer the first time:

"Now tell me, Asimov, WHO was it who TOLD you all these ridiculous made-up stories in the first place?"

But, I suppose we shall see what Niall's scans of Asimov turn up... :.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 15, 2022, 03:28:02 AM
Although, with all the back-and-forth that's gone on between Niall and Asimov, every one of Asimov's wild fearful imaginings that Niall has debunked, one after another...I'm surprised Niall STILL hasn't RETURNED to the one big important question here that Asimov conspicuously did not answer the first time:
"Now tell me, Asimov, WHO was it who TOLD you all these ridiculous made-up stories in the first place?"

He will.  But first he wants to get the jaguar calm enough, at which point he can verify what they're saying without being overwhelmed by the mental onslaught.  While they're still panicked and paranoid it not only makes his 'Cubi abilities harder to use, but there's a strong chance that they'll refuse to answer or may lie to protect the person who told them since it may well have been passed along from jaguar to jaguar rather than told to him direct.

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 15, 2022, 05:40:43 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 15, 2022, 03:28:02 AM

He will.  But first he wants to get the jaguar calm enough, at which point he can verify what they're saying without being overwhelmed by the mental onslaught.  While they're still panicked and paranoid it not only makes his 'Cubi abilities harder to use, but there's a strong chance that they'll refuse to answer or may lie to protect the person who told them since it may well have been passed along from jaguar to jaguar rather than told to him direct.

Welp, scratch that approach. Sometimes it just takes a CAT scan (I see what you did there Tape...) to sort things out.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on April 16, 2022, 06:00:50 PM
Welp, scratch that approach. Sometimes it just takes a CAT scan (I see what you did there Tape...) to sort things out.

It occurred to me that an axial X-ray scanner like this would make mincemeat of a positronic brain, and A-SMV is clearly thinking along the same lines.  Fortunately for him, he is wrong on several counts.