2021-08-16 [DMFA #2052] - Hypothesizing time!

Started by killpurakat, August 16, 2021, 03:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

Okay, so, who has guesses about what specifically Fa'lina knew since Owana's death, and what question Biggs wants to ask her?

I'm guessing, for the first, Fa'lina knew Biggs was responsible and/or on a mission to eradicate all the dragons and using Cubi power to accomplish that.

For the second, maybe Biggs wants to ask Fa'lina to join his cause or to give up her remaining power to him?

What is really throwing me off is the charred sort of boggish landscape and Fa'lina's serene smile...

HaDDea

Quote from: killpurakat on August 16, 2021, 03:22:15 AM
What is really throwing me off is the charred sort of boggish landscape and Fa'lina's serene smile...

My guess is that the location is the H'Ann Deadlands that Aliph created when tampering with his outpost crystals, but I suppose it doesn't have to be. Magic can be nasty stuff. Reminds me of some of the descriptions out of Terry Pratchett's books.

And Fa'lina is supremely good at keeping an emotional mask when she wants to. Who knows what she might be thinking regarding the eradication of the dragons (which includes both her adopted son and former friend/bitterest enemy)? She also might be able to see what plans/futures are available to Biggs, what with being in proximity to him. Hard to surprise someone when you can see their most likely plans and actions forward. Bigg's plan is probably big enough that she has seen hints of it in other students' lives even, and made an educated guess; being near Biggs may have merely confirmed her suspicions.

Arcblade

My guess is that Biggs and Wildy are Weres.  Though the question might be more related to Bigg's boon than his species.  Biggs would probably like Fa'Lina's help with his genocidal counter-genocide plan. She'd say no, because genocide is not her style at all.

Lying Foo

"Since Owona's death."
"Yeah, that makes sense."

We know Biggs and Destania had a hand in Owona's death, but we never did find out what it had to do with their scheme.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Rithm Alfortele

Quote from: Lying Foo on August 20, 2021, 09:29:39 AM
"Since Owona's death."
"Yeah, that makes sense."

We know Biggs and Destania had a hand in Owona's death, but we never did find out what it had to do with their scheme.

If I had to guess, I think what it's doing is, effectively, mobilizing the Cubi to actually begin doing something rather than licking their wounds from the Dragon-Cubi war.
Or perhaps it could serve as a reminder that the war never actually *ended*, it's just been on hiatus and reminding them of that.

Naturally, most of the Cubi leaders will believe Hizell is somehow responsible.

Of course, this could also be more of a *side effect* of their scheme, perhaps even an intended one, but perhaps what Biggs needed was the *essence* of a Clan Leader and Owona was just the only one they could actually acquire, and now Biggs and Destania are holding onto it, possibly to use with whatever super-thingie Jyrras is building.

Or maybe... uh...

Sorry, there's too many options and I'm just curious to see if any of the ones I'm thinking of will be the case XD