2021-06-21 [DMFA #2045] - Hospital Food

Started by Tapewolf, June 21, 2021, 11:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Abel does have a point that a hospital is a great place to hide out if people are likely to try killing you.

What I am curious about is how he knows there's a great pizza place down the road - whether he got the recommendation from Kria, or whether it's so good the chain is still going 375 years after he was last in Zinvth.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

killpurakat

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 21, 2021, 11:11:14 AM
What I am curious about is how he knows there's a great pizza place down the road - whether he got the recommendation from Kria, or whether it's so good the chain is still going 375 years after he was last in Zinvth.

Given that many species in Furrae live a long time, a 4-centuries-old restaurant might not be so farfetched and more akin to the places that say, "Quality service for 10+ years and counting," or whatever.

It also could be that Kria has a short list of restaurants and has been getting food for Abel from them (she ordered pizza for Lorenda awhile ago too; maybe the same place?). So she has a fav she wants--the sushi--but also other places so Abel has some variety.

Personally, I love Indian and Vietminese and would take any opportunity to go to those places in town, but I do sometimes just go with pizza or burgers or whatever (because price or coupons or it is closer and open or craving).

Drakkenmensch

I am entirely convinced Amber wrote the hospital food joke for the sole purpose of using the line "What do you want on your tombstone?"

*sits down at a "Change my mind" table with a cup of coffee*

Nightmask

Quote from: killpurakat on June 21, 2021, 04:16:04 PM

Given that many species in Furrae live a long time, a 4-centuries-old restaurant might not be so farfetched and more akin to the places that say, "Quality service for 10+ years and counting," or whatever.

It also could be that Kria has a short list of restaurants and has been getting food for Abel from them (she ordered pizza for Lorenda awhile ago too; maybe the same place?). So she has a fav she wants--the sushi--but also other places so Abel has some variety.

Personally, I love Indian and Vietminese and would take any opportunity to go to those places in town, but I do sometimes just go with pizza or burgers or whatever (because price or coupons or it is closer and open or craving).

That kind of thing is a staple of Chinese Light Novels, especially where cultivators can live for tens of thousands or even millions of years.  It doesn't take too long before a business or other organization is being described as having been around thousands of years (with the original founder still running it) and even later around so long nobody can tell how long it's been around.

Tuyu

Yelp? ;)

HaDDea

Quote from: Tuyu on June 23, 2021, 01:14:35 PM
Yelp? ;)

Considering (though I can't find the specific comic) he didn't know what pizza was when Lorenda mentioned it, I imagine she introduced him to the place.

Tapewolf

Quote from: HaDDea on June 23, 2021, 11:03:29 PM
Considering (though I can't find the specific comic) he didn't know what pizza was when Lorenda mentioned it, I imagine she introduced him to the place.

Good catch, I guess that answers that!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Akisohida

Quote from: Tuyu on June 23, 2021, 01:14:35 PM
Yelp? ;)

I wonder if 'Yelp' in this would would just be called 'Yip'. :P
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.