2019-11-04 [DMFA #1952] - Let Cyra Have Extra Ears

Started by Merlin, November 04, 2019, 03:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

I see, I see. Seems like Dimanika is totally correct, also Daryil never grew out his "day 20" phase

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on November 04, 2019, 03:48:02 AM
I see, I see. Seems like Dimanika is totally correct, also Daryil never grew out his "day 20" phase

He was ahead of the game in that department...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Titanium Dragon

This suggests a very high level of spite from Destania. Killing her mom's best friend is really cruel. I wonder what Cyra would do if she found out it was Destania who did it. Cut her off from her magic entirely? It's been implied that Destania would pretty much be dusted if that was the case.

InhumanInterest

The extra ears are at the base of the extra wings.

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on November 04, 2019, 04:56:22 AM
This suggests a very high level of spite from Destania. Killing her mom's best friend is really cruel. I wonder what Cyra would do if she found out it was Destania who did it. Cut her off from her magic entirely? It's been implied that Destania would pretty much be dusted if that was the case.

As I recall, it was more Biggs's doing than Dee's. In fact, she was surprised he was able to do it.

Rafe

My apologies, but the one thing this page left me with after seeing Dimanika writing was this Presidential trivia item:

Rafe

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Rafe on November 04, 2019, 10:35:47 PM
My apologies, but the one thing this page left me with after seeing Dimanika writing was this Presidential trivia item:

He also wrote a proof for the Pythagorean Theorem at some point. Before going to the Oval Office, of course.

InhumanInterest

Of course! And then he reincarnated as Dimanika! It all fits perfectly!

((For realsie though that trivia always blew me away))

Merlin

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rafe on November 04, 2019, 10:35:47 PM

If you can control multiple instances of yourself, writing with both hands should be a doddle.  It's likely that 'Cubi are good at becoming ambidextrous anyway - otherwise you'll have a bad time impersonating someone with the wrong handedness.

InhumanInterest

Ah, clearly tri-wings just continuously grow additional ears as they get older, at first just the one set, but by the time they're truly ancient they're just a huge ball of fluffy ears.

Tapewolf

InhumanInterest

Clearly they required yet more and larger ears for Fennec style heat dispersion

Amber Williams

ZacAttac21

I have to wonder just how many of Dimanika's tricks that Cyra fell for...

killpurakat

Quote from: Jonah21 on November 05, 2019, 08:49:26 PM

While I get that the joke is Dimanika is trolling everyone, part of me wonders if some of her "information" has fallen purposely into hostile hands and thus protected the remaining clan leaders indirectly, or if the majority of the info out there is specifically from her and so nobody trusts ANY clan leader info they find and thus there's no united front specifically against the clan leaders.

Jasonrevall

You've heard of legs for days now get ready for ears for years. Also Merlin that Cyra is adorable.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

joshofspam

Quote from: Jonah21 on November 04, 2019, 04:13:19 PM
Quote from: Titanium Dragon on November 04, 2019, 04:56:22 AM

As I recall, it was more Biggs's doing than Dee's. In fact, she was surprised he was able to do it.
Who's to even say that Cyra doesn't even suspect Destania might have played a hand in her death.

It occurs to me that some of the clan leaders seem to know a lot more about Destania then her own children. All the things we're learning about Destania is that she well known to be incredibly spiteful is she has a standing grudge against the person. And it sounds like Cyra and Destania aren't on any good terms right now.

I wonder if this is even the first person close to Cyra that her daughter had a hand in killing?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tuyu

Quote from: Jonah21 on November 05, 2019, 08:49:26 PM
If you end up being a tri-wing anyway, do they still count as "tricks"?

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: joshofspam on November 07, 2019, 02:03:39 AM
I wonder if this is even the first person close to Cyra that her daughter had a hand in killing?
Almost certainly not the first. Destania is at least a psychopath, and probably a nihilist as well. Basically everything she is doing is being done for the sole purpose of inflicting misery on others. Misery so exquisitely profound that they will be driven to action - action that she wants done anyway, so all the better if she tricks someone into doing the work for her - or driven to despair - just like she was when Aniz left the Academy.

I no longer think that she is actually interested in killing dragons; that's just a line she fed to Biggs to get him on board. I believe that what she's actually interested in is killing everything; setting the whole world against itself and then mopping up the survivors.