Demo 101?

Started by topher chee, November 26, 2006, 07:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madmann135

If I had any fear for humans then I might be afraid...

Amber has my same delima... out of sight out of mind.
Me personally I want to fix that perminately and be done with that irriating problem but it's not that easy.

I wanna see some of Jyrras's inventions in the mix.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

topher chee

Those should be interesting as well, what I'm wondering is if someone will every do a map of furrae

thetire

Quote from: topher chee on December 05, 2006, 08:48:12 PM
High-caliber cannon?  How so?  Do you mean if it involved races used in Furrae that there would be quite a few?

*sigh* yes, that was the joke.  :sweatdrop

Netami

When we ran our RP, Topher wanted to flesh out his character a bit. Part of that was being an elemental, and I sort of developed it based on some common ideas regarding elemental type races. I realize Amber has only really referenced them twice in the entire comic to date, and she may have big plans for them, but maybe she hasn't really planned on adding them to the Demo. 101 page or using them at all. If this is the case, I'm just going to suggest that the following description for elemental characters be used for anyone trying to RP canonically in the world of Furrae. Yes, things are ultimately up to you on how you make and describe your character, this is just what we came up with and is by no means canon-- Amber's iteration probably doesn't have tapped forms, and elementals are probably always made up of their element, AKA they have no "normal" form like Topher's character does. Anywho:

General traits:
•   Magical powers related to element
•   Transformation form
•   Various markings based on bloodline
•   Average life span: 75 - 100 years.

General: The elemental race is made up of four, or perhaps more, different races that all share similar properties, though differ in their individual powers. Elementals are creatures who associate with an element of nature, the primary four being fire, earth, water and air. In normal form, they appear to be average beings, but some of the more eccentric elementals will blur the line between their normal and "tapped" form. Tapped is the term used for an elemental who is in his or her transformed state. The elemental becomes wholly like the element he or she is associated with, so a fire elemental will be made of pure fire or an air elemental will be a wispy tornado. Most elementals retain their normal body structure when transformed, but they may also change it to suit their needs. 

Each elemental shares a deep connection with the element of their bloodline and at the same time are negated by their opposite element. More experienced or aged elementals can pull from the surrounding environment to add to their own power while in transformed, and the greatest are able to take advantage of the pinnacle of their element.

Elemental societies are sparse, but where they do exist, they are always found near the element that makes up the community; for example a village of water elementals would live near a sea port or large lake. It is very rare for opposing types of elementals to live together due to indifference in the past, but some have managed to keep a peaceful bond going. It is because of this fact that some new elementals are emerging, causing both controversy and praise from the elemental community as a whole. For most, living among beings fits just fine, as most people rarely see elementals in their tapped form, and elementals hardly need to ever transform while living peacefully.

History: Elementals have been around since the creation of nature, though it has only been relatively recent that elementals would walk among normal people. For the longest time, elementals were a xenophobic collective and only kept relations with other types of elementals, though these were mostly hostile. It is thought that elementals were originally created to keep watch over the balance of nature, each tribe assigned to a different element. Regardless of their origin, elementals have always had differing opinions on what is balanced and what is not. The crux of "balance" has been the reason behind many a conflict between elemental tribes throughout the years.

About a hundred years ago these tensions boiled over into the greatest clash between the four primary elemental tribes and many were killed because of it. In the end the damage was so much so that the newer generations began to move away from the deeply rooted cultural ties to their tribe either due to disgust in the pride of it all, or simply because their village elders had been killed and could not pass on the lore of the tribe.

Strengths: In normal form, an elemental is able to command a simple array of spells associated with their element, the choice to either develop these into dark or light is entirely up to the preference of the elemental. While in tapped form, the elemental is able to manipulate their brand of element almost completely. For example, an inexperienced or young elemental of earth would be able to lift up rocks and rubble from the surrounding area and hurl them at a target, while the most experienced of earth elemental would be able to raise pillars of earth from the ground to destroy buildings. Tapped elementals may also draw power from their element of birth to restore health or missing limbs.

Weaknesses: In normal form, an elemental is as powerful as your average being. While this varies on how savvy the elemental is with training and such, they do not have any inherent defense against the mundane or magical. While an elementals tapped form allows them a variety of power, it can almost spell their downfall if they were ever to encounter their opposing element. For example, a fire elemental in tapped form would take massive physical and mental damage from being dunked into a river, and would eventually revert to their normal form in a comatose state, or worse. Minor interaction with opposing elements poses no danger, but it makes the elemental very irritable. Again, the example of a fire elemental walking in the rain would render his head a migraine.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Amber Panyko on November 27, 2006, 12:40:33 AM
Bluntly put, I have a major "out of sight, out of mind" problem when it comes to things. Meaning if I don't have it around or its not part of a routine already...I tend to forget to do them.  Demonology 101 has the problem that the only time I really remember it is just after I've updated...and by then I'm usually too beat from drawing the comic all day to really sit down and start drawing for it.

This tends to be a problem with a lot of things: artwork, commissions, emails, chores.  When I actually have the time to do them...I'm usually in a place or position where I honestly dont think about doing them cause I can't remember to do so.

Basically.  Demonology 101 will udpate again...but I wouldn't hold my breath anytime real soon since I've got a few other things on higher priority.  Mainly owed commissions, owed comics, owed wallpapers, and other such things.

You know in the mean time why don't you check out the stats of some real demons and mythological creatures by clicking here http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/index.asp
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

topher chee

he lives!  i remember that, which reminds me, i gotta get to work on my storyline!