For the fantasy fans, do you know about JourneyQuest?

Started by killpurakat, July 09, 2019, 11:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

So, I am hoping this is okay to post here. Mods, if not, sorry.

BUT! I know there's plenty of fantasy-lovers out there in the DMFA crowd, so I figured I'd put this here and see if I can't bring some of you awesome peeps into the fanbase of JourneyQuest!

A bit of backstory:
Dead Gentlemen Productions/Zombie Orpheus Entertainment (DGP/ZOE) is a production company that has made a number of geek-inspired movies and series (The Gamers are one of their biggest ones; "Gamers 2: The Dorkness Rising" is one of my top three favorite movies), and one of their biggest series is JourneyQuest. It follows the (mis)adventures of a group trying to find their destiny because prophecies and yadda yadda yadda and the mage is trying to run away again and now our knight is beating the crap out of him and yelling "encouragement" and we should probably do something about that...

To be fair, you can watch the whole series on Youtube and get a better sense of it than I can describe. DGP/ZOE are big believers in keeping things free to the fans, so please do go and enjoy. Here's the JQ playlist to get you started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVORGr2fDk8&list=PLB600313D4723E21F

Now... and here's the reason I decided to post on here and maybe reach a few new/old fans for JourneyQuest, but the JourneyQuest Season 4 Kickstarter is happening right now, and we could use some signal boosting because we lost a chunk of the fanbase (although we are glad they are gone; more below). See the Kickstarter here: www.renewjq.com

An odd thing came to light about some of the supporters. See, about 4000 people on the mailing list hadn't yet made a peep about becoming backers, which is totally fine, but DGP decided to ask why, so that if there was a problem with how they were doing things, it could be addressed. About half said finances were tight, sorry, etc, which is totally understandable and we hope this succeeds so everyone can enjoy. DGP/ZOE is VERY adamant about not donating when you really can't.

But the other half were apparently a bunch of whiny jerks who were butthurt that DGP/ZOE "got political and wished THOSE PEOPLE a happy pride month." (DGP/ZOE released a few FB posts during pride month wishing people a safe and good time, and some of the production peeps mentioned the same on one of their live chats.) Yeah... I honestly don't get how those derps didn't know DGP/ZOE was LGBT+ friendly/supportive, especially considering one of the orcs admits to being trans in the first few eps, but there you go.

Ergo, they are trying to get more of the word out so that people know, and I figured I could drag some of the lovelies I've chatted with here into the fanbase with me (we have a Lactomancer! I'll bring the cookies!).

So, if you can, check out the Kickstarter and spread the word? And I would LOVE if a bunch of DMFA fans could contribute to the elvish language perk on the KS and we all made a bunch of words relating to DMFA!  :3 I'd totally be all for using my word for DMFA-related silliness (but if others want to do this with me maybe we coordinate so none of us steps on each other's toes; maybe we could make Quoar the word for love? Or Falina the word for hope? Piflak is pride? if they aren't taken already, but I'm sure there's some fun to be had with this).