2019/05/03 [Fall 65] Self-improvement is hard when you're dead

Started by Tapewolf, May 03, 2019, 09:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I love Josef's expressions in the middle panels.  Jake does have a point, though - it's a bit difficult for someone to change their ways if you've hit them that hard.
As for Josef's flaws, it kind of depends what bigotry did for him - if it's something intrinsic, like him having wings, that's a bit difficult to pin on him.  If it's lifestyle choices, she might have a bit more of a point.

EDIT: Also I'm curious about his decapitated form.  Can he leave his head on the desk and walk away?  Is there a maximum distance he could go?  Or is he holding tight onto his head because it will make recovery difficult if his body trips up and he can't see where it went?  I don't know if ghosts still physically see light, or whether he's perceiving reality psionically?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lying Foo

We've been told that the dead reincarnate on GaRaLa... but there is no GaRaLa yet...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

ZacAttac21

Pity Jake went and shot himself in the foot. His earlier incarnation is actually likeable. :<

Puyon

Aw. Poor dude.

Since ghosts can change their appearances to however they looked in life, do you think his head will reattach if he focuses? Or does he need to be holding his head in place?
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on May 03, 2019, 01:44:41 PM
Aw. Poor dude.

Something that I recently noticed and feel really bad about is that Jinx cameod in Heads You Lose, and by the looks of it, loses his head.  (Cameos from DHS into Project Future seem to have a high mortality rate)  I thought they were a generic arctic fox until recently.  I don't know if that's just coincidence or whether it relates to Merlin's plans for him becoming the new Reaper.

QuoteSince ghosts can change their appearances to however they looked in life, do you think his head will reattach if he focuses? Or does he need to be holding his head in place?

That was actually one of the ideas I ran past Merlin way back, I think originally it was going to be Dorcan.  I imagined a comedy sketch where his head would fall back off if he got startled.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2019, 05:12:30 AM
Something that I recently noticed and feel really bad about is that Jinx cameod in Heads You Lose, and by the looks of it, loses his head.  (Cameos from DHS into Project Future seem to have a high mortality rate)  I thought they were a generic arctic fox until recently.  I don't know if that's just coincidence or whether it relates to Merlin's plans for him becoming the new Reaper.

Wasn't DHS Jinx hanged though?

QuoteI imagined a comedy sketch where his head would fall back off if he got startled.

Heh, I can see it now. Like a macabre version of the monocle gag.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on May 07, 2019, 11:07:58 AM

If that's the thing Puyon and I did, where Jinx starts singing 1950s musicals, that wasn't canon and it was also drawn a couple of years after Jinx unfortunate cameo in HYL.  If I'd made the connection then, the execution scene might have looked quite different.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2019, 11:14:41 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on May 07, 2019, 11:07:58 AM

If that's the thing Puyon and I did, where Jinx starts singing 1950s musicals, that wasn't canon and it was also drawn a couple of years after Jinx unfortunate cameo in HYL.  If I'd made the connection then, the execution scene might have looked quite different.

Ah, I see. I don't suppose you can show me where he is in Heads You Lose?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it.