Does someone knows of a true working Nintendo DS emulator??? (for God's sake)

Started by Leafar, September 23, 2006, 04:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leafar

i have all the roms i wanted to:

* Seiken Densetsu
* Mario Kart DS
* Need For Speed Underground 2
* Need For Speed Most Wanted
* Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow

Now can someone PLEASE recommend me a working emulator??
Though i think it doesn't exists one yet, but...

Rowne

It hasn't been successfully emulated yet, at least not to any real degree beyond PD.  It's because the DS uses exotic hardware and nobody's quite sure yet the best way to go around it.  There have been some with varying levels of success but nothing on the level of what you'd want.

The best idea is probably to wait until you can find an old DS (not lite) in a bargain bin, somewhere.  With the Lite being all the rage now, people are likely getting rid of their original DS machines in favour of it.  So wait a little longer and it shouldn't be too hard to find one somewhere.

And again, with the games, just wait until they drop in price or buy them second-hand.  You can save a lot of money by doing that.  I do that with a degree of frequency and it's usually better than buying them wrapped.

Rowne

Don't worry.  This is a challenge and no geek gamer of coding descent can resist a challenge for long.  It'll happen, eventually.  Until then, you can console yourself with the stuff that's already been released, there's a lot of good stuff out there, including stuff for the PC.

Try Doukutsu Monogatari!

Leafar

Rowne

That's actually Doukutsu Monogatari (also known as Cave Story).  Aridas speaks the truth.

Aridas

And it's easier to understand in engamarish. Besides, the first link leads to your own file anyway. You're just better off also having a trans.

Aridas

SUCKER! *virus turns leafar's computer into a mimiga breeding machine*

Rowne

Yay, Mimigas!

Though Ari, you might scare other people (not-Leafar) away from Cave Story with this tactic.

Mimigas are truly adorable though, reality needs Mimigas.  And Balrog.

insanekaosx

Like Rowne suggested, get one second hand or something. It really is worth it to actually have something like a DS >> Its just a cool syustem to be able to hold.

Plus, I see trying to emulate it being very difficult to maneuver.

Rowne

Can't help but agree, kaos.  DS with the mouse?  Just wouldn't seem right.  The only way someone might do it is with a wacom and that seems a lot of cost and effort when one could simply go out and ... well, buy one second-hand.

It really is a wonderful little system though and its own protection is in its innovation.  Companies wouldn't have to chase emulator developers with lawyers if they just innovated instead.

bill

Woah, "for God's sake"? So, if we don't find a DS emulator, do we like, go to Hell?

Rowne

If Hell is full of communists and awesome water slides, I really could care less.

Leafar

Leafar

Oh God, my life is over...

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 24, 2006, 04:43:15 PM
Don't forget yourself.

and i can? enter my topic about VIDEO GAME to say the hell is filled with people like me? cĀ“mon dude, i never stalked you, leave me alone...
none of us here is forced to like of all...John Lennon said ''Live and Let Die'' ;)

Aridas

But you're so damn annoying and.. well.. other stuff, that I wouldn't doubt the possibility.