2018-02-09 [DMFA# 1817] They're used to this

Started by Tapewolf, February 09, 2018, 06:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

According to the notes on the Katbox version:
"It is also not the first nor last time a demon temper tantrum destroyed furniture or property so it usually is best to herd them to less populated areas if you suspect they may be getting fussy."

I wonder if Piflak is going to approach Dan in a similar way next?  Also, whether she has multiple avatars at the party.  That could be fun.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AzureEdge

I just realized things have a chance to go VERY bad here now. If Regina mentions him being a descendant of Cyra that will likely get around the party VERY quickly, and we know Hizell has a agent there.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AzureEdge on February 09, 2018, 09:20:45 AM
I just realized things have a chance to go VERY bad here now. If Regina mentions him being a descendant of Cyra that will likely get around the party VERY quickly, and we know Hizell has a agent there.

Depends if she knows.  Clan politics could well be in one ear and out the other where she's concerned.
She knows Dan is an incubus, and that could still turn nasty because if -that- becomes known to all and sundry, "What clan are you?" will be the obvious followup question from the other 'Cubi.

Drakkenmensch

Here's a thought - what if they really ARE exes who broke up following some really horrible events? I can't think of a better reason to dump your girlfriend than the fact that she just murdered your best friend's mom.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 09, 2018, 11:27:34 AM
Here's a thought - what if they really ARE exes who broke up following some really horrible events? I can't think of a better reason to dump your girlfriend than the fact that she just murdered your best friend's mom.

That is very possible  Regina's line on Page 388 hints at this too.

WhyNot?

Well, considering the 'We were meant to be together' line it's clear that Regina at least wanted them to be a couple when this all went down.

Honestly given this, demon attitudes, the fact she targeted the Sans and the then Bridget having an obvious crush on Dan, part of me wonders if it was some sort of stake claiming that went horribly awry.

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: WhyNot? on February 09, 2018, 12:02:56 PM
Well, considering the 'We were meant to be together' line it's clear that Regina at least wanted them to be a couple when this all went down.

Honestly given this, demon attitudes, the fact she targeted the Sans and the then Bridget having an obvious crush on Dan, part of me wonders if it was some sort of stake claiming that went horribly awry.
Possible. After all, we know that — at least according to Uncle Aliph — Regina's father (and by possible extension, her mother) has given her really, really terrible life guidance and advice. Not "terrible" in the sense that it's atrocious, but "terrible" in the sense that it's at the very least ineffective, and possibly even detrimental. Look at when she got into fashion. It was obviously something that she knew she wanted to do, but it's almost like it never occurred to her that she actually could do it.

Or, possibly, she knew she wanted to and knew that she could, but never did because it wasn't befitting her and tried doing other, more "appropriate" things instead. I'm just speculating here, but it seems reasonable.

Kazy

So I guess the real question isn't why Dan is mad, it's why Regina is. What did Dan do that made her this mad?

Chairtastic

I wonder if this will end up helping or hurting Regina's career prospects.  I mean, on the one hand she's handled herself really well given having 'her ex' show up at a party where she was already stressed.  But on the other, she's pretty much opened her firm up to extreme negative press by having clan Cyra take jabs at their public image.

Splackaboy

Honestly it's going to be a treat to hear Regina's side of the story. Can't say it'll be 100% accurate, we all know how much of a drama queen she is. But hey, at least it should be entertaining :3c

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Splackaboy on February 09, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
Honestly it's going to be a treat to hear Regina's side of the story. Can't say it'll be 100% accurate, we all know how much of a drama queen she is. But hey, at least it should be entertaining :3c

Come to think of it, I'd like to see that too! :eager

Kazy

Maybe she blames Dan for upending her life and being forced to live as a maid for Kria?

Drakkenmensch

My current theory after considering this discussion is as follows:

Some time ago while Dan just started out adventuring (possibly earlier), he meets and starts dating this offbeat and free spirit named Regina. Unknown to Dan, his best friend Wildy's sister Bridget has a huge crush on him and Regina notices. She sees her as competition and does the demon thing, trying to strike her down with an axe or sword but her mom sees this coming and shields her daughter from the blow, dying in the process. Dan, unaware of any of this jealousy going on, only sees Regina killing her out of nowhere and swears to kill her.

Which brings us to the events depicted in the comic.

The One Guy

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 10, 2018, 11:25:59 PM

Some time ago while Dan just started out adventuring (possibly earlier), he meets and starts dating this offbeat and free spirit named Regina. Unknown to Dan, his best friend Wildy's sister Bridget has a huge crush on him and Regina notices. She sees her as competition and does the demon thing, trying to strike her down with an axe or sword but her mom sees this coming and shields her daughter from the blow, dying in the process. Dan, unaware of any of this jealousy going on, only sees Regina killing her out of nowhere and swears to kill her.

A decent theory, except that in her own words, she "took advantage of his trust and used it to kill a dozen beings and then tried to kill him and his friends."

Gelpi

Quote from: CubiKitsune on February 09, 2018, 08:16:35 PM
Quote from: Splackaboy on February 09, 2018, 05:14:17 PM

Come to think of it, I'd like to see that too! :eager

I would love to see Regina's story too!

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: The One Guy on February 11, 2018, 01:09:41 PM
Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 10, 2018, 11:25:59 PM

A decent theory, except that in her own words, she "took advantage of his trust and used it to kill a dozen beings and then tried to kill him and his friends."

It's in HER words though. "Break up with me? HIM? No way! He didn't dump me, I... I... used him, yeah! Killed a dozen beings! Armed with giant swords! And powerful magic! And three heads each!"

Akisohida

Quote from: WhyNot? on February 09, 2018, 12:02:56 PM

I thought 'We Were Ment To Be Together' was just Dan's fear of being a cubi now.
Like, before, it was 'I am an Adventurer, I kill demons and monsters' and then his fear made him think 'What if I turn into Regina?' or such.

Less a real line used and more a runaway train of thought loaded with explosives, torches, and a few drakes around flashing lights.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.