2017-12-11 [DMFA # 1804] A, B and C

Started by Tapewolf, December 11, 2017, 07:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I like how Dan's outfit is trailing sparkles.  I wonder how long that works for?
I suppose the big question is which organisations those three agents are representing.  Given the fractious nature of 'Cubi politics and the way Tri-wings work, Dan is technically spying for Cyra...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

WhyNot?

Huh, Piflak seems to have chosen to be quite a bit shorter here as opposed to her Clan Leaders Meeting look where she was between Dan and Fa'lina size. Wonder if she prefers to be this way when she's not 'on the clock', for a given value of not, as it were.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: WhyNot? on December 11, 2017, 08:15:39 AMe she was between Dan and Fa'lina size.
Given Dan's posture, it looks like she'd pulled him downwards to get a grip on him. On 1391 Dan looks to be taller than her, even considering the difference in perspective.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Eagle0600

"Incognito."

In the same panel as we get a full-length shot of the fabulous outfit. Perhaps that was deliberate?

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Eagle0600 on December 11, 2017, 04:40:55 PM
"Incognito."

In the same panel as we get a full-length shot of the fabulous outfit. Perhaps that was deliberate?
Well he has his headwings and clan symbol hidden, which I presume is what they meant. He passes as an Angel that way, having been mistaken for one several times in his life.

MT Hazard

Don't know if it just that outfit, but Dan appear to be getting slimmer. I'm convinced he had at broader shoulders at one point, possibly he was just broader in general.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 11, 2017, 07:57:45 AM
I like how Dan's outfit is trailing sparkles.  I wonder how long that works for?

Oh god he's a walking glitter bomb.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 11, 2017, 07:26:39 PM
Don't know if it just that outfit, but Dan appear to be getting slimmer. I'm convinced he had at broader shoulders at one point, possibly he was just broader in general.
The comic goes through noticeable style shifts every so often, the two I've noticed most recently being slimmer faces and longer necks.

Prroul

Quote from: Eagle0600 on December 11, 2017, 04:40:55 PM
"Incognito."

Hey, dressing flashy is one of the best ways to go incognito. After all, no one expects the fellow in the garishly flashy outfit to be wanting to conceal his presence.

It's much the same as wearing a NASCAR hat to prevent people from realizing you have a functioning brain under there.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 12, 2017, 11:35:24 AM
The comic goes through noticeable style shifts every so often, the two I've noticed most recently being slimmer faces and longer necks.

Yeah.  I expect as I putter along there will always be some ebb and flows to the style.  I admit one thing that always sticks to my mind is the desire to keep slowly trying to make it so the various characters don't have a bad case of "same-face".  Dan's probably been the hardest struggle because quite frankly, the broader bodies are a thing I have difficulty with at times.  So he tends to suffer the most from style fluctuations as I try to figure out how a more masculine jawline works.  XD

Akisohida

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 12, 2017, 11:18:07 PM
Quote from: Cassi-kun on December 12, 2017, 11:35:24 AM

Yeah.  I expect as I putter along there will always be some ebb and flows to the style.  I admit one thing that always sticks to my mind is the desire to keep slowly trying to make it so the various characters don't have a bad case of "same-face".  Dan's probably been the hardest struggle because quite frankly, the broader bodies are a thing I have difficulty with at times.  So he tends to suffer the most from style fluctuations as I try to figure out how a more masculine jawline works.  XD

It's okay, Amber. I, for one, enjoy when Dan gets mistaken as female by other characters. ;)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.