2017-09-01 [DMFA #1781] - Not a Quagsire

Started by Wurgel, September 01, 2017, 06:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurgel

So.... Mab is not secretly a Quagsire? Could have sworn sometimes  :P

And true, why change a detail instead of the world? There is no objective line to be drawn.

e_voyager

I'm not sure what a Quagsire is but once again I find myself surprised by mab. She's so Whimsical and Carefree that I can forget how sharp she is.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Grey Wolf

Was Pyro actually afraid he would die? How? While trying to reason with the mythos? He could have crushed her.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

joshofspam

Quote from: Grey Wolf on September 01, 2017, 09:06:35 AM
Was Pyro actually afraid he would die? How? While trying to reason with the mythos? He could have crushed her.
Well considering Dan's grandmother was able to pull it off with a dragon that lorded over a soul sucking city, it's definitely doable. And Ducky by intentions is looking like one could consider a pacifist. He'll throw his weight around. But only in the sense that he throws it on top of you so you don't hurt yourself.

Of course sitting on her isn't going to work if she can just teleport out of it. And if your a Nightcrawler fan, you know how dangerous getting close to a teleporter is while in combat.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on September 01, 2017, 11:40:57 AM
Well considering Dan's grandmother was able to pull it off with a dragon that lorded over a soul sucking city, it's definitely doable. And Ducky by intentions is looking like one could consider a pacifist. He'll throw his weight around. But only in the sense that he throws it on top of you so you don't hurt yourself.

Abel did attempt to take his head off.  My guess is that a dragon is only invulnerable when they're in full form - Being mode might well be vulnerable to conventional attacks.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 01, 2017, 12:01:41 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on September 01, 2017, 11:40:57 AM

Abel did attempt to take his head off.  My guess is that a dragon is only invulnerable when they're in full form - Being mode might well be vulnerable to conventional attacks.
Possible, but it seems unlikely when we consider what Mab says in this page. He feared his death. That seems to be an indication that she was a credible threat to Ducky regardless of the form he took. My best guess is, like you said, the being form makes them more killable, but dragon-forms give series of of benefits with age. Ducky is a fairly young dragon when compared with his father.

But then I have to wonder, if true, then how the traits add up with age? For all we know, Hizell's might be only slightly harder to kill with sharp things then Ducky, but it's the getting close to him without being burnt to a cinder that's the real hurdle.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Draygone

No, don't end the conversation.  Bring her back and kill her instead. =(

PhycoKrusk

This comic has been a friendly reminder that no matter how much it might inconvenience you, the tornado really doesn't care what you think about your house.

It's not exactly applicable here, but it's close enough: There was no "good" ending to this situation. Mab just brought about the one that was probably the least bad.

Tuyu

Well...never suspected that letting the fight start inside the inn was a deliberate, calculated move on Pyro's part. Even if it was just the path of least resistance, that kinda sucks.

Wonder whether his fear really was because the minion had a chance against him, rather than because it was a total unknown because he's never actually fought against someone actually trying to kill him.

Ixal

Phoenix A are complete pacifists so that is how Pyro was raised. So its not Pyros ability to defend himself that is lacking but his will. And unless Pyro actively defended himself which he didnt want to, that Mythos was much too trained for nonleathal things like sitting on her would work, he would have likely died. An annoyance for the Phoenix, but pretty final for him. Thats why he hoped Mab would intervene.

Draygone

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on September 01, 2017, 03:13:52 PMThere was no "good" ending to this situation. Mab just brought about the one that was probably the least bad.
Yeah, sorry, I honestly can't handle this particular outcome.  It's too real.

If anybody would be willing, send me a message if/when the mythos is brought back.

keybounce

Brought back? Why would you expect her to be brought back?

We know that at least two major characters will die. We've had clan leaders killed off. This is turning into a war story.

Bring her back?