2017/07/08 [TCaD 03-12] How long till the clocks chime 12?

Started by TruthQuest, July 08, 2017, 09:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruthQuest

Tapewolf

Quote from: TruthQuest on July 08, 2017, 09:31:56 PM
He(Yak) still gets on with her(Illi) ok, right?

Yes, they're still friends.  But someone who was taught to believe that life should be protected is probably going to have a rocky marriage with someone who not only kills people at the drop of a hat, but then likes it when their husband gets angry about it...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Farry

Way back in Strange Bedfellows, Jacob said women interested him more, then Daryil mentioned his "reprogramming" powers (more recently used on Sethir). So Jacob's been reprogrammed?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Farry on July 10, 2017, 03:38:18 PM
Way back in Strange Bedfellows, Jacob said women interested him more, then Daryil mentioned his "reprogramming" powers (more recently used on Sethir). So Jacob's been reprogrammed?

You might want to take a quick look at this:
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,11011.msg385922.html#msg385922

Lying Foo

...didn't think Illiath was the type for random murders...?  I mean, she started a whole school with the motto "less murdery than SAIA"...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 13, 2017, 07:40:43 AM
...didn't think Illiath was the type for random murders...?  I mean, she started a whole school with the motto "less murdery than SAIA"...

She's not the type for random murders, no.  But that doesn't make robbing her at knifepoint any safer.

See also:
http://projectfuturecomic.com/darkangel.php?strip=17
...Jakob has an unusually lenient stance towards bandits.  Most adventurers don't.  In this case, Illiath outright killed a mugger, which Jakob considered excessive force.
The police weren't too thrilled about it either but she got off on self-defence.  Had she literally just lopped someone's head off in the middle of a dance floor for shits and giggles, she'd have been looking at a long prison sentence, or worse.

TruthQuest

That does explain the situation better than Yakob did in the comic.
A thought occurs to me, maybe they need to learn how to take out an opponent at speed without killing them.
Debilitating injuries are survivable after all, and if your fast enough to slice off a head, limbs cant be much harder right? :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: TruthQuest on July 13, 2017, 07:46:42 PM
That does explain the situation better than Yakob did in the comic.

Yeah - these things are often a choice between explaining it well and having a punchline.

A thought occurs to me, maybe they need to learn how to take out an opponent at speed without killing them.
Debilitating injuries are survivable after all, and if your fast enough to slice off a head, limbs cant be much harder right? :3
Yes, that's what Daryil (and Jakob) would prefer if it has to come to blows at all.  However, Illiath's got about 500 years of 'kill them quick before they can report you to Hizell' to un-learn.
For that matter, we don't actually know when that particular event happened - it could be any time in the last 200 years...

TruthQuest

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 13, 2017, 08:02:18 PM
Yes, that's what Daryil (and Jakob) would prefer if it has to come to blows at all.  However, Illiath's got about 500 years of 'kill them quick before they can report you to Hizell' to un-learn.
For that matter, we don't actually know when that particular event happened - it could be any time in the last 200 years...

I could not help but laugh at that  :D :lol