2017-06-02 [DMFA #1758] - Falling awake

Started by Tapewolf, June 02, 2017, 05:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

I did wonder whether Moira's super law powers would come into this.  And I'm not sure what the downsides would be offhand.  Restraining orders for Hizell and Destania might not be a bad thing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

BabylonRanger

In a world of adventurers-for-hire, restraining orders might not be all that effective.  And with a resurgence of anti-Cubi sentiment, the being-creature commission would probably be just as likely to side with Hizell.

Cassi-kun

Kria once called Moira the most evil person in Furrae, a "whose mom would win against a dragon" would actually be pretty funny...
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

HaDDea

Quote from: BabylonRanger on June 02, 2017, 05:59:34 AM
In a world of adventurers-for-hire, restraining orders might not be all that effective.  And with a resurgence of anti-Cubi sentiment, the being-creature commission would probably be just as likely to side with Hizell.

True, true. On the other hand, Moira might have the knowledge and savvy to actually make a charge against Hizell actually stick - I imagine she's probably well acquainted with the creature-being courts and would know what angle to take (given Kria's opinion of her). Too bad she's likely on maternity leave for now.

Tapewolf

Quote from: BabylonRanger on June 02, 2017, 05:59:34 AM

Strictly that's 'Being-Creature Council'.  The Commission is a Project Future invention, because I have no idea if the Being-Creature Council will survive the coming upheaval and I needed a similar organisation...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Aesthetically I really like the first panel. Jyrras's eyes immediately portray the tell-tale sign of fatigue with those black lines :)

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Honestly, why unsure on the effectiveness of legal actions against a dragon, I can say legal actions against Destania would a more sure fire route for sure and highly recommended. I am sure once Destania hears that Abel is still alive, there are bound to be some counter actions made by her to try to remedy this.

One thing I can say for sure is since Hizell was unauthorized on Zvinth property himself, Zvinth officials for sure can take whatever necessary measures it needs to take to guarantee their citizen's safety, as just by attacking Abel, that brings Hizell in negative light and Zvinth officials may wonder if he will attack again. Even if they are informed that this is a personal attack against Abel, Hizell still trespassed on their lands and I am sure there are consequences for that.

I will say I do feel bad for Jyrras, as he is probably scared and worried out of his mind right now. He truly cares for Abel, so it's probably hurting him greatly to see him like this....  :<

GreenReaper

It's unclear how Moria Gianna could sue, on her behalf, or Jyrras' - as far as I can see, they have no cause of action against Hizell.

Heck, if anything, they should be suing Abel - he was the one who threw Jyrras! Though probably he'd justify it as protection, the sly dog. :mowdizzy

ZacAttac21

Quote from: GreenReaper on June 02, 2017, 10:33:37 PM
It's unclear how Moria Gianna could sue, on her behalf, or Jyrras' - as far as I can see, they have no cause of action against Hizell.

Heck, if anything, they should be suing Abel - he was the one who threw Jyrras! Though probably he'd justify it as protection, the sly dog. :mowdizzy

I think they meant that Moira would represent Abel as his lawyer.

Rafe

One of the more memorable details about Moira Gianna is that she regularly attends the "Evil Beach Party" along with Kria - so we know what kind of attorney she must be, or at least how attorneys are regarded in Zvinth.  Even Kria couldn't bring herself to sue Lorenda's father, and mercifully killed him instead:

Rafe

Kuzma Volkov

Quote from: Rafe on June 03, 2017, 01:32:11 AM
One of the more memorable details about Moira Gianna is that she regularly attends the "Evil Beach Party" along with Kria - so we know what kind of attorney she must be, or at least how attorneys are regarded in Zvinth.  Even Kria couldn't bring herself to sue Lorenda's father, and mercifully killed him instead:

And I'm just trying to picture the poor schmuck that gets stuck with serving Hizell.

"M-mm-mm Mr. H-i Hize- Hizell, Sss- Sssirr?" "Hrm, yes? Spit it out." "You've been served."

Rafe

Quote from: Kuzma Volkov on June 03, 2017, 01:30:47 PM
...And I'm just trying to picture the poor schmuck that gets stuck with serving Hizell....

I can picture a really good candidate for that job...

Rafe