[Writing] The Bounty Project, final chapters (5th Jan 2018)

Started by Tapewolf, May 06, 2017, 08:08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 05, 2018, 02:09:04 PM
"...If it hadn't been for those pesky kids," Ben put in helpfully.

OMG. Not only does this slay me for being hilarious and totally Ben-like, it's also an uncanny coincidence since Scooby-Doo was my favorite cartoon, growing up.

Thank you, Tape! I thoroughly enjoyed this!

I have to ask, though: what became of Delphine?

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on January 05, 2018, 04:39:57 PM
Thank you, Tape! I thoroughly enjoyed this!

I have to ask, though: what became of Delphine?

I didn't really want to do the 'Return of the King' thing where it spends an eternity tying up all the loose ends.  Also it might make a handy jump-off point for another story down the line.  So the short answer is that I haven't decided.

That said, she's most likely somewhere Daryil can keep a close eye on her.  Jakob, Izak and Petter would object strongly to her death, as mentioned prior, and most importantly, Taun would not allow it either.  And "Taun says No" is liable to stop most people in their tracks.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

I may be missing something here... Fairwater is praising Ben and Dan for their part, but it seems to me they did more harm than good. After all, even if it was unintentional, they helped put a serial killer back on her throne.

Tapewolf

Quote from: CubiKitsune on January 05, 2018, 07:01:43 PM
I may be missing something here... Fairwater is praising Ben and Dan for their part, but it seems to me they did more harm than good. After all, even if it was unintentional, they helped put a serial killer back on her throne.

This is true, but they also alerted Fairwater to the fact that: Lady Featherstone existed, planned to conquer their kingdom, and was a serious threat.  That was extremely valuable intel.
Had Ben and Dan been studying at Illiath's and Featherstone had actually got a trio of Beings with no ties to Fairwater or even worse, an actual anti-Fairwater stance, she would have come in out of the blue and killed Fairwater with no forewarning.  Without Daryil's presence she might also have killed Admaria.  While the line of succession would probably have been restored, it would have been a very chaotic period - the sort of thing civil wars are made of.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 05, 2018, 07:18:31 PM
Quote from: CubiKitsune on January 05, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

This is true, but they also alerted Fairwater to the fact that: Lady Featherstone existed, planned to conquer their kingdom, and was a serious threat.  That was extremely valuable intel.
Had Ben and Dan been studying at Illiath's and Featherstone had actually got a trio of Beings with no ties to Fairwater or even worse, an actual anti-Fairwater stance, she would have come in out of the blue and killed Fairwater with no forewarning.  Without Daryil's presence she might also have killed Admaria.  While the line of succession would probably have been restored, it would have been a very chaotic period - the sort of thing civil wars are made of.

Hmm, good point.