2017-03-27 [DMFA #1741] - Heavy Metal

Started by Famout, March 27, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famout

I love the "golem" world building of sorts happening. As also a fan of Tapewolf's work though, I fully expect these last two comics are causing him to take even more notes then our favorite roo rat here.
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Famout on March 27, 2017, 09:41:13 PM
I love the "golem" world building of sorts happening. As also a fan of Tapewolf's work though, I fully expect these last two comics are causing him to take even more notes then our favorite roo rat here.

Yeah, I too want to find out more about Strype's character, particularly how much of him is prosthetic.  How much of him is still organic?

Since Jyrras did mention a "soul conversion" in the previous page, it could be that he's 100% prosthetic, just like the android characters in Tapewolf's Project Future comic.

Speaking of which, I'm also hoping that Jyrras does help Strype out by giving him the same kind of fusion reactors that power the prosthetic bodies of Tapewolf's android characters.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on March 28, 2017, 09:59:04 AM
Yeah, I too want to find out more about Strype's character, particularly how much of him is prosthetic.  How much of him is still organic?
Since Jyrras did mention a "soul conversion" in the previous page, it could be that he's 100% prosthetic, just like the android characters in Tapewolf's Project Future comic.

It sounds like his soul has been transferred into the construct, yes.  However it might be more akin to soul-trapping, i.e. his soul is bound to something inanimate and his mind is magical rather than using a brain (organic or electronic).  Then again, there might be a pickled brain in his skull, kind of like how the undead require an intact brain to function.

Speaking of which, I'm also hoping that Jyrras does help Strype out by giving him the same kind of fusion reactors that power the prosthetic bodies of Tapewolf's android characters.
I think that's a big, big stretch.  Mab has been a bit cagey about that sort of thing since it can encourage people to think that how things work in PF is absolutely how they work in DMFA goo, and that's not necessarily the case.  Sometimes because I don't know how a thing works in DMFA, and am playing catch-up, other times because I've added my own extensions to it for plot reasons.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E