2017/01/19 [DHS 34-35] - Decisions, decisions

Started by Merlin, January 18, 2017, 09:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Not gonna lie, these two pages made me so excited to see! I love them a lotttttt

Puyon

Aaaahhh, thank you!!

Page 35 was one I was so excited while I was drafting it like.... 3 months ago. I wanted to have a few callbacks starting with Volume 2 of Random Encounter, and leading through volume 10 (Fool's Week), and Volume 24 and Volume 26 where Puyon actually made her first appearances. I thought it would be interesting to somehow include these scenes to show that, while the interesting antics of Random Encounter are going on, almost anyone in the background can have their own story and character growth happening as well.

It also gives a pretty good time frame on how Puyon's story relates to the start of Random Encounter (though it was stated at the start of the volume. Her story started 1 and a half years ago before the start of volume 1 of Hero Stories.) Puyon lived in Mylenor probably... 9 months before the start of RE. Whenever I get the chance I'm probably going to try sneakier ways of showing when a story relates in time to another, whether it be referencing RE or another Hero Story... though, that's a bit in the future, yes.

With this page, the story is pretty much at it's end. just got a few panels next page and Puyon will be done telling her tale and after that is just a few pages to wrap up the frame.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Yes, it did look like the story is drawing to a close.  Are we doing someone else's backstory next?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Yep, each volume is gonna be a different backstory The plan is for Mort's next, since his is uhhh a bit of a different backstory. Then there'll probably be the feathries, then... a world of possibilities! I'm working on writing Jirra's one for a future volume but it won't be particularly soon. Of course, Puyon's writing her character's stories, and I'm writing mine (slowly).

Puyon

I certainly anticipate that the next three volumes will be shorter than this past one or, at least, will be finished more efficiently haha;;

After Mort's story, I plan on having Ember and Annaliese's story. I'm hoping to start Volume 4: Martelle, before the start of 2018, if not, it'd start around this time in 2018. So Jirra's story, at this projected rate, would be Volume 5 and some time in mid-2018. From there, I don't know happens since that's planning like... two years into the future.

I've got a vague idea for what order I want my stories told in. Since I've got less plots and less comics to work on than Merlin, I can finish the stories I need for my characters much sooner than hers but... I sorta don't want to just write all my volumes at once either, lmao. I've pretty much got solid ideas done for... Sen, Mariam, Aster, and Nova, though I haven't actually written them down yet... I probably should before I change them all up again... hm.
...By Puyon