2016/11/07 [DMFA #1708] - All's fair in love and war

Started by Tapewolf, November 07, 2016, 04:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Hopefully this should put the brakes on people thinking Illiath's a guy.
Thinking 'Jeremiah' is a girl's name might actually be blasphemous, I'm not certain.

Nice armour, though.  I'm less certain about the sword... what with the whole "'cubi seduce people and then kill them" angle and things...

EDIT: From the Katbox version:

"The heart-armour set. It is rumoured to be a set of armor so enchanted with protection and warding magics that weapons are unable to strike a shot at whoever is wearing it. Supposedly a gift from clan leader Nact'Larn herself. Whether or not these armour sets are genuine in their abilities is unknown, as they've never been worn on the field. Instead they simply circulate among Taun clan as that re-occurring gag gift that gets re-gifted every year around the holidays."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kajet

Personally I don't care for the heart motif, but I approve of the lack of coverage.

justacritic

I don't see a problem with either of them. Though I'm sure a certain kangaroo rat would be very appreciative of a set of those those armors. On a certain someone's of course.

katasev

Reminds me of Coelasquid's explanation of Ganondorf's skintight leather bodysuit:

llearch n'n'daCorna

To me, it looks like Jerry is considering that deal carefully. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jasonrevall

I can imagine now Taun getting two of her clan members to stop fighting by threatening them with a trial by combat to determine who is right but they have to wear the heart armor while they do it in front of everyone.  >:3
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Cassi-kun

Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Puyon

My fan clan has a quirk that makes people appear androgynous. I guess that means ladies don't naturally have curves and dudes don't have broad frames, and since 'Cubi are shapeshifters, I figured that could just make themselves have more obvious features like that. Since Taun folks tends to bulk up, I did expect that ladies would look broader, but I didn't think it would be the norm for dudes to look more lean... hmmm maybe he looks so perfectly feminine on purpose... he wears it (and that armor) beautifully...
...By Puyon

Naldru

This reminds me of two items.

In Project A-Ko, there was D who was always trying to kidnap C-Ko and was revealed to be female at the end when A-Ko learned that all of the crew members were female.  http://a-ko.wikia.com/wiki/D

There was also complaints that you couldn't tell that a female storm-trooper in the latest Star Wars was actually female when she was wearing a helmet and body armor.  Several people pointed out that the purpose of helmets and body armor was to protect the wearer rather than identify the sex.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Puyon on November 07, 2016, 02:53:22 PM
Since Taun folks tends to bulk up, I did expect that ladies would look broader, but I didn't think it would be the norm for dudes to look more lean... hmmm maybe he looks so perfectly feminine on purpose... he wears it (and that armor) beautifully...

Truth be, I always personally put Jeremiah as a more fencer style fighter.  Mostly because (at least currently in DMFA times) as sort of the Taun diplomat there is a certain amount of classiness to the whole aesthetic.  Folks just respond better to a handsome lean guy with a nimble swordstyle versus the bulkier axe-fighters. :U

(which is also why the silly armor set amuses me because both the weapons semi shown for them are the weapons neither would prefer using)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 07, 2016, 04:16:29 PM
(which is also why the silly armor set amuses me because both the weapons semi shown for them are the weapons neither would prefer using)

Silly me. I thought the silly armour set amused you because, well, it's ridiculous. ;-]

Merlin

But does it also got a big heart on the arse? Very important :B

Daet

Oh...oh my..... I wonder if I could talk my boyfriend into that armor... He's built about like Jeremiah...  :eager
Either help fix it or quit complaining.

Kajet

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 07, 2016, 11:27:25 AM

To me looks like he's liking the idea.

mithril

the idea of 'sexy' armor being a mathom is hilarious.

btw, this page (and the attendant note) would make a great addition to the Bikini Battle Armor Damage Blog. i'd love to see how it works out on the Female Armor Bingo.. mainly because i suspect it is actually less absurd than some of the games and art the blog has covered..

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Kajet on November 07, 2016, 11:10:43 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 07, 2016, 11:27:25 AM

To me looks like he's liking the idea.

I third this. He be like "Damn, I look good."

Viking ZX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2016, 04:38:36 AM
From the Katbox version:

"The heart-armour set. It is rumoured to be a set of armor so enchanted with protection and warding magics that weapons are unable to strike a shot at whoever is wearing it. Supposedly a gift from clan leader Nact'Larn herself. Whether or not these armour sets are genuine in their abilities is unknown, as they've never been worn on the field. Instead they simply circulate among Taun clan as that re-occurring gag gift that gets re-gifted every year around the holidays."

This is one of the funniest things I've seen all day. I'm either going to reference it in one of my books one day or work it into a DND campaign. It's absolutely a genius troll. Hats off to Amber!

(And on a side note, I kind of hope that if DMFA ever does have a gigantic, climatic battle for the end, we get to see a suspicious-looking cubi testing it)
I'm an author! Check out my site!

e_voyager

is it wrong that i like both sets of armor on them?
also i knew Illiath was a guy from the scene where Dan was caught by the fashionista who took his measurements and was told not  too look because she was too young to endure such a site.   
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Truth be, I always personally put Jeremiah as a more fencer style fighter.  Mostly because (at least currently in DMFA times) as sort of the Taun diplomat there is a certain amount of classiness to the whole aesthetic.  Folks just respond better to a handsome lean guy with a nimble swordstyle versus the bulkier axe-fighters. :U

Works for me.  Jerry, in so much as he was designed by looking at the Taun Christmas page and going "Oh, he looks nice", was always intended to be an envoy.  Albeit one who leaves a trail of bodies if they try the "We'll send your head to Taun as our answer!" thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2016, 03:53:06 AM
Works for me.  Jerry, in so much as he was designed by looking at the Taun Christmas page and going "Oh, he looks nice", was always intended to be an envoy.  Albeit one who leaves a trail of bodies if they try the "We'll send your head to Taun as our answer!" thing.

Well, of course. What use is an envoy who can't protect him- or herself? Nact'Larn or Piflak wouldn't respect that at all...

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2016, 03:53:06 AM
Quote from: Puyon on November 07, 2016, 02:53:22 PM
Since Taun folks tends to bulk up, I did expect that ladies would look broader, but I didn't think it would be the norm for dudes to look more lean... hmmm maybe he looks so perfectly feminine on purpose... he wears it (and that armor) beautifully...

Now I'm wondering which of the three fencing weapons he would specialize in: Épée, Sabre, or Foil?  Or would he be proficient in all three?

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on November 10, 2016, 12:44:27 PM
Now I'm wondering which of the three fencing weapons he would specialize in: Épée, Sabre, or Foil?  Or would he be proficient in all three?

With centuries to get good at it, probably all three.

PalmettoPaladin

After seeing this I'm wondering what Taun would look like with the heart armor set.

And after saying that should I check my insurance?

PalmettoPaladin

Actually now that I think about it, it depends on the armor.

Before someone hits me upside the head with a kitchen sink, let me explain.

Regular medieval armor, yeah boob armor wouldn't work according to the reasons that many of you have said already.

However, a high tech armored battlesuit on the other hand...yeah I can see boob armor working just fine.  However, it cannot show any skin.  Look at Rescue from Iron Man.  Boob armor working just fine. 

I could bring up the Witchblade, but I rather not.