2016/10/31 [DMFA #1706] - The dark cabin of safety

Started by Tapewolf, October 31, 2016, 05:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Dan is particularly going to need a safe house.
Interesting that it's a cabin, though - I'd have thought a Taun would go for something more defensible and locked-down.  In Epsilon, she has a concrete bunker, for instance.

EDIT: As for romantic comedies, if 'cubi are as notorious at shipping as Amber mentioned, I suppose they would go for that sort of thing pretty heavily.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I can understand how Illiath would prefer not to let out that she likes RomComs, though. It'd ruin that image that she's put so much effort into polishing.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cassi-kun

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2016, 05:15:59 AMAs for romantic comedies, if 'cubi are as notorious at shipping as Amber mentioned, I suppose they would go for that sort of thing pretty heavily.
I imagine they'd only keep the ones where they couple they ship actually get together :P either snapping DVDs or ripping the ribbons out of VHS tapes where their ship doesn't come to fruition.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2016, 05:15:59 AM
Interesting that it's a cabin, though - I'd have thought a Taun would go for something more defensible and locked-down.  In Epsilon, she has a concrete bunker, for instance.

It really would depend on the type of safe house the Cubi has, as some likely have a couple that they intermix depending on the situation.  Illiath wouldn't need to worry about taking Dan to the most fortified of her locations because they just left the Academy.  Fa'Lina would have warned them if they were going to have trouble before they met Taun.  And truth be, when teleportation is a factor and you don't have the power or means to easily put up anti-teleportation wards, it doesn't matter quite so much if you are underground or in the middle of the woods so much that your safe house is some place that would just be...really hard to figure out where it's at. And if you are also using one of your safe-houses as a place of respite...chances are one would find a lot more individuals preferring what feels like a camping trip/weekend retreat than "wellp now I get to stay in bunker-town for the weekend"

I mean, Taun clan are sometimes the more pragmatic clan members, but they're also more likely to be outdoors active with a zest for survivalism.  Many of them are adventurers, and the whole trope of Dan being all "bluuuuuuuuuuuuuugh...paperwork and stuffy desk jobs..." can be applied to a fair number of them as well. 

MT Hazard

I wonder if Dan will take this opportunity to contact Cyra. After their last conversation I imagine she would like a hug.

Dan seems like the type who would forgive her and both of them would probably benefit form being in regular contact.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Prroul

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 31, 2016, 05:15:59 AM
Dan is particularly going to need a safe house.

EDIT: As for romantic comedies, if 'cubi are as notorious at shipping as Amber mentioned, I suppose they would go for that sort of thing pretty heavily.
Actually, a simple cabin out in the woods has a certain Purloined Letter method of security. As Amber mentioned, when you have teleportation as a factor, bunkering down has less strategic value. As such, the key is to keeping it to a low profile so as to remain undiscovered in the sea of ticky-tacky houses.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Prroul on November 01, 2016, 06:01:10 PM
Actually, a simple cabin out in the woods has a certain Purloined Letter method of security. As Amber mentioned, when you have teleportation as a factor, bunkering down has less strategic value. As such, the key is to keeping it to a low profile so as to remain undiscovered in the sea of ticky-tacky houses.

Yeah.  I was thinking more of defence against a mob of idiots with swords.  Say, the dead incubus Wildy's gang found.  Or the Blunt Object brigade coming after Abel/Alexsi.  In inn or a cabin isn't going to stand up to a determined mob shouting 'kill the monster!', but a fallout shelter would, assuming you can ward the thing against teleporting intruders.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Hariman

I find this page to be hilarious, and I laughed out loud.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

ZacAttac21

*peeks out from under rock*

This is actually the first time I've heard the term "rom com." I had to google it.

*hides back under rock*

Prroul

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 01, 2016, 06:13:24 PM
Quote from: Prroul on November 01, 2016, 06:01:10 PM

Yeah.  I was thinking more of defence against a mob of idiots with swords.  Say, the dead incubus Wildy's gang found.  Or the Blunt Object brigade coming after Abel/Alexsi.  In inn or a cabin isn't going to stand up to a determined mob shouting 'kill the monster!', but a fallout shelter would, assuming you can ward the thing against teleporting intruders.
It might be more secure to be anonymous than to be fortified. The reason the Blunt Object Brigade went to TLLI is because Des aimed them that direction. Otherwise, they might never have shown up there in the first place. If said mob can't find your address, then defending against them is moot.