2016/08/22 [DMFA #1689] Jyrras-brand shopping laser

Started by Lying Foo, August 22, 2016, 04:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lying Foo

Headwings suggest this store caters to Cubi... given what we've seen of Incubus fashion, you might want to at least unfold it there, Dan...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on August 22, 2016, 04:39:06 AM
Headwings suggest this store caters to Cubi... given what we've seen of Incubus fashion, you might want to at least unfold it there, Dan...

The first panel looks like SAIA.  Given 'cubi and their love of flash clothes, I'd be amazed if it didn't have some kind of clothing shop or similar amenities.  The more skilled students may be able to create their own clothes via a combination of magic and craft, but the younger ones won't, and there are Beings and likely other races at SAIA that can't easily create the base materials at all.
I'm not entirely sure how the economics of it would work for Mink, Destania, Abel etc. who are/were remaining in the academy for an extended period of time, but I'm sure that could be worked out.

EDIT: That said, yes.  Better look make sure the pants aren't chaps or something else that would look good on Daryil and bad on Dan.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Technically, I don't -know- someone who shops like this, I -am- someone who shops like this. Why not? I mean, it's not like I'm trying to be fashionable...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Wanderer

What do you mean "know" one of these shoppers? Isn't this how everyone shops? What's a changing room? :P

Puyon

A clothes shop in SAIA... I mean, I have known colleges that make a business out of their students' work but it's usually the culinary kids.

Good thing Dan's not a lady. No such thing as consistent clothing tags for them, so they gotta always try things on ...unless it's a dress, I hear dress sizes tend to be more consistent than say... pants. But since this is a fantasy world, maybe everyone has a clothes sizing system that actually makes sense.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on August 22, 2016, 10:38:26 AM
A clothes shop in SAIA... I mean, I have known colleges that make a business out of their students' work but it's usually the culinary kids.

It makes sense, though - a lot of students (and staff) are staying for an extended period and will need supplies.  We don't really know how SAIA is funded - basic clothing could be free, for all we know.

James StarRunner

Eboreg

SAIA might have a larger connection to the outside world than we think.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Prroul

That right there? That's exactly how I shop. And proud of it.

If recall from Abel's lecture on shapeshifting clothing, it can be quite hazardous to have bits of yourself flapping around in the breeze, so to speak, so a clothing store is absolutely believable at SAIA.

Dishonored

Quote from: Prroul on August 22, 2016, 11:32:29 PM
If recall from Abel's lecture on shapeshifting clothing, it can be quite hazardous to have bits of yourself flapping around in the breeze, so to speak, so a clothing store is absolutely believable at SAIA.

Which makes you wonder why warriors favor loincloths, but that's a different thread...  :)
"Death before Dishonor" they always said. It's because death is far less painful than eternal dishonor.

Aisha deCabre

This is me when shopping, too, at least clothes-shopping.  I'm not fashion-oriented either, just give me something comfortable and let me out of the store again. x3

Also, I'm gonna have to use "scruffle-haired dipplederp" somewhere in real life now. XD
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Yes, and shapeshifting clothes seems to be relatively advanced too.  IIRC Abel told Dan that it takes years to master complex shapshifting, and by the looks, Abel had been in the academy 40 years before he was in a class which showed how it could be done.  I imagine you'd use more normal clothing for the first 39.

Now that I think about it, clothes are going to get a rougher ride anyway, since if you don't sleep they'll get an extra 8 hours of use per day.  (If you're awake for years on end, presumably you'd still want to wash/shower every day and would change clothes then...?)

Prroul

Quote from: Dishonored on August 23, 2016, 01:37:07 AM

Which makes you wonder why warriors favor loincloths, but that's a different thread...  :)
Distract-Fu. Make your opponent think about something other than killing you, distract him from that goal, and you have disrupted his flow, giving you an opening to exploit.

Or mutually exploit, depending on your preferences  ;)