9/17 Bad Past History

Started by Teroniss, September 17, 2006, 11:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teroniss

Quote from: Zorro on September 19, 2006, 02:59:47 AM
Easy enough to see.

Pyroduck is a Demon.

Look at the wings.  Plus the fact that he is unconcerned about Abels threat.

He simply is confident that he can knock him on his ass in a second.

Abel knows him from living in Zinvth, the Demon city.

Demon's arnt the only ones with wings like that. Cubi have wings like that as well as dragons.

e_voyager

tonight we will all know more so speculate, hyphenise and theorizes for tomorrow we learn the truth. Unless Amber is nice enough the throw up fill to let the game continue for a bit.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on September 19, 2006, 05:26:54 AM
tonight we will all know more so speculate, hyphenise and theorizes for tomorrow we learn the truth.

That sounds a little optimistic to me.  More likely we'll get a few more datapoints and revelations, but telling everything in one strip?  Doubtful.  I suspect we'll either learn or get a glimpse of why Abel and Pyro are at odds, but not who or what Pyroduck is.

Quote from: thegayhare on September 18, 2006, 09:36:45 PM
I'm truely amazed at how many times eyecolor has been brought up to try to prove or disprove links between chars.

I mean able and cid came up several times
and eye color has been used to link random people in the backgrounds to main chars

If you're talking about Xander and the dalmatian at SAIA, I might point out that it was about four physical similarities - the spot pattern being most important.
Amber has now said that the Devin/Pyroduck eye colours were aesthetic, which IIRC leaves the hairstyle as the only matching point.

Quote from: Sheridan on September 18, 2006, 09:59:53 PM
Fans will always grasp at straws if it means they have a chance of somehow being related to a canon character. Well, some will. But you know how it is... the whole "Gay for Abel" thing. ;)

Man, who would want to do such an ill-conceived thing?  You should try to keep them away from the canon ones, that way you can't prove it didn't happen :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

aww and here i was sure that i would get at leas a few hopes up before some one dashed it all.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

Well we have tomorrow or you people will wait till past midnight to see the next strip. I'll be sleeping getting through my next dream :mowtongue........

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 19, 2006, 05:52:16 AM
Quote from: Sheridan on September 18, 2006, 09:59:53 PM
Fans will always grasp at straws if it means they have a chance of somehow being related to a canon character. Well, some will. But you know how it is... the whole "Gay for Abel" thing. ;)

Man, who would want to do such an ill-conceived thing?  You should try to keep them away from the canon ones, that way you can't prove it didn't happen :P

Like I said, some fans... :rolleyes

VioletDusk

Great galloping conspiracy theories, BatMare! However,  couldn't it just be that Abel's so ticked off because Pyroduck just asked him to impersonate Alexi in her absence, could it? I mean, he's a cubi, so it's well within his capabilities. Add Mab's "prettiest pink dress" and there's no reason why that wouldn't be a snap for him, at least physically.

Doesn't mean he'd like or want to do it though.  :laugh

e_voyager

maybe but i hardly think that thats likely. the most likely cause is that they have history. in ables case negitive history

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Violet Dusk on September 19, 2006, 10:08:47 AM
Great galloping conspiracy theories, BatMare! However,  couldn't it just be that Abel's so ticked off because Pyroduck just asked him to impersonate Alexi in her absence, could it? I mean, he's a cubi, so it's well within his capabilities. Add Mab's "prettiest pink dress" and there's no reason why that wouldn't be a snap for him, at least physically.

Doesn't mean he'd like or want to do it though.  :laugh

You are right on this one but I like when conspiracies is throw up in the air. I can't wait for more theories from deep left field. Who knows maybe one of these theories will connect to the strip...............

Aridas

But above all, people should get their facts straight before theorizing >.>

thegayhare

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 19, 2006, 12:10:43 PM

But we can't do that cause we don't have all the facts.  Besides wild and unlikely speculation is all part of the forum experiance.  there is oly one comic forum I visit in which this doesn't happen and trust me there is worse out there.

e_voyager

hare is right you know. trust it as the word form some one who visits  10 comice based forums a day 

Aridas

Quote from: thegayhare on September 19, 2006, 12:18:36 PM

But we can't do that cause we don't have all the facts. Besides wild and unlikely speculation is all part of the forum experiance. there is oly one comic forum I visit in which this doesn't happen and trust me there is worse out there.

Um, yeah, but people are getting stuff wrong that's ALREADY BEEN STATED. When I say "get the facts straight" I _MEAN_ "get the facts straight", not "know something you don't know". How is anyone supposed to speculate if I assumed everyone already knew everything?

And e, don't get involved. You understand what I said even less. Also, the number of comic forums you visit has nothing to do with anything right now.

e_voyager

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 19, 2006, 02:09:31 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on September 19, 2006, 12:18:36 PM

But we can't do that cause we don't have all the facts. Besides wild and unlikely speculation is all part of the forum experiance. there is oly one comic forum I visit in which this doesn't happen and trust me there is worse out there.

Um, yeah, but people are getting stuff wrong that's ALREADY BEEN STATED. When I say "get the facts straight" I _MEAN_ "get the facts straight", not "know something you don't know". How is anyone supposed to speculate if I assumed everyone already knew everything?

And e, don't get involved. You understand what I said even less. Also, the number of comic forums you visit has nothing to do with anything right now.

all i was saying was that due to my experience what hare said is true more often then not. it is true that some people quote and refer to comics in the archives to prove their point but in the end there really is only the decision of the authors and artists as to what is true and what is not.

any thing can seem true but prove only to be deception either planned ore not planed but the author. Dave Anniz for Bob and George is a perfect examples of this and you should have read some of our speculation of the Mynd story arc. during attack of the mega man there was wilder speculation that. this includes that mega man was programmed to be evil by doctor wily during are early game. that this mega man was form a different universe. that mega man was sot dumb that he simply forgot he was meant to be good and went evil destroy the world on his friend. there was even speculation that he was an imposter and that the person buy someone that was later seen in the strip with the evil mega man playing the drums in a rimshot during the punch line of a very horrible pun.. this last one was proven true around 4 story arcs later when we find out that he was indeed and imposter playing mega man. On top of that we find out he was the person that he was believed to be. we also find out that due to time travel the person playing the drums was also an imposter of the mega man imposter. It may seem unnessary to bring this up but this is what you were doing to hare trying to prove a point that doesn't need to be proven.

While this detail may seem unnecessary it is mealy proving a point this is what you were doing to hare. Also I'm sorry I had to post it before I was ready but the work I was on had gone out on me so I meanly run throug the commands to copy and paste the text form word were I was spell checking it to the already open post window incase the rest of the system went out next..

Boog

There's always a chance of speculation being wrong. That's part of the fun. Besides, Pyro's got too big a reputation for being an enigma not to speculate about him. I ]say it's either clairvoyance or he's from some alternate future, that he now knows for certain wont happen. That's why he's not worried about taking an intrest in Alexi somehow resulting in his ending up as his own great-great-grandfather.

Stig Hemmer

I don't need to keep my facts straight as long as I can keep my face straight. :kittydevious
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Aridas

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 19, 2006, 07:14:42 PM
There's always a chance of speculation being wrong. That's part of the fun. Besides, Pyro's got too big a reputation for being an enigma not to speculate about him. I ]say it's either clairvoyance or he's from some alternate future, that he now knows for certain wont happen. That's why he's not worried about taking an intrest in Alexi somehow resulting in his ending up as his own great-great-grandfather.

You're not supposed to speculate based on things you don't remember correctly or misheard. That'd just be stupid.

Boog

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 19, 2006, 08:36:26 PM
Quote from: Boogeyman on September 19, 2006, 07:14:42 PM

You're not supposed to speculate based on things you don't remember correctly or misheard. That'd just be stupid.
Ah yes, but if you didn't remember correctly or misheard you wouldn't know until someone pointed it out to you, would you?

Aridas

Maybe, but i'm saying it right now, someone in this room was wrong.

Was it Teroniss? e_voyager? Boogeyman? Violet Dusk? thegayhare? ShiningShadow? A mow?...

thegayhare

No the real answer is it's all of the above

everybunny was wrong

Aridas

Everybunny? So in other words, just you. *runs off laughing maniacally*

e_voyager

don't you get it?it's your attitude i was talking about. thats is why i gave you a specific example. too bad his achieves are currently gone

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on September 19, 2006, 08:51:31 PM
Maybe, but i'm saying it right now, someone in this room was wrong.

Was it Teroniss? e_voyager? Boogeyman? Violet Dusk? thegayhare? ShiningShadow? A mow?...

All right let's put this to rest it was me. Okay can we go foward and speculate more..............

VioletDusk

Hey we still don' t know if I'm wrong; all we know is Pyroduck's a dragon, and a very cool Dragon at that. :D I guess we'll find out Friday if Abel's mad because they've had a run in before, or if Pyro wants him to put on a pretty pink dress. Or both.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... or if Amber decides to stretch it out for another day, and we find otu monday or wednesday why Abel is so angry.

... or in a few months time, after a cutscene and all sorts of fun and games. Because Amber is cool like that :-) leaving us lots of threads to hang ideas on, and then not following up on them for months :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

it is evil to temped people. i wonder if i could do that...

Zedd

Well they better get Dan in that dress or he will be super plucked

ShiningShadow

I think with this arc well will get answer from amber soon. But until then we willwait and speculate *heh I made it rythme*.............