2016/06/13 [DMFA #1671] Time Setter

Started by Tapewolf, June 13, 2016, 08:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Ah, that brings back memories of packing up after Anthrocon last year.
Panel 2 rather caught my eye, I dread to think what that tea would do to someone other than a Demon.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zonra

If he turned the clock back, she would now be an hour and a 5 minutes late.

If the clock is turned back an hour and say 2PM, its really 3PM. So if you have an appointment at 2 and the clock say 2 your late, not early.

You need to set the clock forward for this kinda mind-game trick to work.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zonra on June 13, 2016, 09:04:52 AM

If the clock is turned back an hour and say 2PM, its really 3PM. So if you have an appointment at 2 and the clock say 2 your late, not early.

... so, Unca DP messed up? ;-]

Zonra

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 13, 2016, 10:34:30 AM
Quote from: Zonra on June 13, 2016, 09:04:52 AM

Well considering how collected and smart he is, more likely he just misspoke and said the wrong thing.
Or that amber mixed up how setting a clock forward/backward works, easy mistake to make.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zonra on June 13, 2016, 12:24:31 PM

Well considering how collected and smart he is, more likely he just misspoke and said the wrong thing.
Or that amber mixed up how setting a clock forward/backward works, easy mistake to make.

Heresy! Ambaargh never makes mistakes!

;-]

Wanderer

Assuming that he did what he apparently meant... This is the only way to ensure that some people get anywhere on time. They are otherwise incapable of being ready in a timely manner, no matter what.

Kalatash

Regina looks good in business attire. Too bad I don't think she will get a happy end in the end.
"According to the Bible, the sheep were foaling."

Kirishala

This strip made me literally laugh out loud, which hasn't happened for quite a while.  Aliph is truly an awesome villain, and knows Regina all too well

justacritic

Certainly Aliph seems to be villain a hero can tolerate fighting, classy, punctual, cultured and intelligent enough for a challenge.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 13, 2016, 01:39:34 PM
Quote from: Zonra on June 13, 2016, 12:24:31 PM

Heresy! Ambaargh never makes mistakes!

;-]

Blame Aliph on that one! ;)

I set my own alarm clock a half hour ahead to trick my sleepy morning brain into thinking I have less time than I actually do. It works surprisingly well.

e_voyager

even if he set the clocks froward an hour he still has an hysterical teen to deal with... Regena is a teen right? she can still find ways to herself late.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on June 14, 2016, 02:44:19 PM
even if he set the clocks froward an hour he still has an hysterical teen to deal with... Regena is a teen right? she can still find ways to herself late.

She's 23, she just acts like a teenager.

Attic Rat

Since the set-back/set-ahead thing has already been discussed, I'll just applaud DP's beverage quality standards.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 14, 2016, 03:19:03 PM
Quote from: e_voyager on June 14, 2016, 02:44:19 PM

She's 23, she just acts like a teenager.

She's also from a species that can live 1500 years, perhaps they mature more slowly?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Somebodyelse

Quote from: MT Hazard on June 15, 2016, 07:26:05 AM
She's also from a species that can live 1500 years, perhaps they mature more slowly?

Survey says: Yes.

Dracologist

Wait... maybe I'm remembering the wrong character, but I thought one of Regina's wings was skeletal.  If that's not right then which character am I remembering?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dracologist on June 16, 2016, 01:01:34 PM
Wait... maybe I'm remembering the wrong character, but I thought one of Regina's wings was skeletal.  If that's not right then which character am I remembering?

It was, but Demons have very rapid regeneration.  She was keeping it skeletal via a surgical procedure.  Dark Peg went ballistic when he found that she was engaging in a fashion statement inspired by the undead.  It is quite likely he has forbidden her to continue the practice while she is under his care, but I don't remember if that was explicitly stated.

Reeves_Dove

Wait... maybe I'm remembering the wrong character, but I thought one of Regina's wings was skeletal.  If that's not right then which character am I remembering?

You're remembering right. One of Regina's wings was skeletal. Turns out, that wasn't natural; it was a trendy style thing, much like dying your hair. Except that it involved having the flesh stripped off of that wing, and getting the procedure redone every so often to undo the progress as it healed.

Aliph kind of objects to his niece sporting undead styles, and has better things to do than ferry her around to appointments to have her wings made deliberately useless. So her wing healed up, during the time they've been in hiding.

(Faux-edit: oop, Tapewolf beat me to it! I'm pretty sure he explicitly forbade it while she's living under a roof that he provides, yeah.)

Dracologist

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 16, 2016, 02:08:52 PM

It was, but Demons have very rapid regeneration.  She was keeping it skeletal via a surgical procedure.  Dark Peg went ballistic when he found that she was engaging in a fashion statement inspired by the undead.  It is quite likely he has forbidden her to continue the practice while she is under his care, but I don't remember if that was explicitly stated.

See?  Because of the wing and the eye color I always thought she WAS undead and simply bound as his servant for the longest time.  I only found out more recently, within the last year, that she was his niece and not his undead minion.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 16, 2016, 02:08:52 PM

I don't think he's explicitly forbid it. I think he just refuses to take her where she could get it done or to pay for it. Since she's got no visible means of support, that scuppers her plans neatly...

Sofox

Also, one or two comics you can see the wing in mid stage of growing back.

Qwex1

Quote from: Sofox on June 19, 2016, 02:43:32 PM
Also, one or two comics you can see the wing in mid stage of growing back.
Like this
hsrthgelfszz*lo ttsvqxzm*hndfjerlnbcre!