2016/05/13 [DMFA #1664] I can't spend my life on the run

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2016, 06:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

That is actually a rather sad page.
Hopefully Jyrras will get himself together enough to point out that the purely theoretical danger has become very a practical danger.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

I feel like we've heard a few of Abel's words somewhere before. I cry too, Jyrras... over growth of Abel's character. And Amber's sneaky(?) use of parallels. The biggest difference between Abel's desire to live and Aniz's... is that one wants to be living, the other one was nigh suicidal because he was aware of the danger he was hurling himself into.
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on May 13, 2016, 06:44:24 AM
The biggest difference between Abel's desire to live and Aniz's... is that one wants to be living, the other one was nigh suicidal because he was aware of the danger he was hurling himself into.
I think the bigger difference is that Aniz was driven insane in ways we can barely imagine by losing his clan and leader.

EDIT:  Ooooh.  If Jy lets slip that he's been asked to make a Dragon Killer in front of Piflak's little helper, that could make things get really interesting.

Delian Williams

"Why not go back to your academy?"
I d k is there really no third option? Are there no safe places for cubi outside of the academy at all?
OK, so Abel has a clan association, that doesn't offer many safe harbors... and many clan leaders are in hiding...
but doesn't Piflak or one of her peers have a region or two where her clan members can thrive?

Funny detail - the closer the camera moves to Abel's face, the more mature he looks :3

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Delian Williams on May 13, 2016, 11:43:30 AM
"Why not go back to your academy?"
I d k is there really no third option? Are there no safe places for cubi outside of the academy at all?

That's still hiding, which I think is what he's tired of.  That said, it seems a little irresponsible in that anyone trying to take him out is liable to kill his friends into the bargain.  Hizell mentioned that he had no qualms already, and Destania nearly did.

To answer your question, what makes SAIA different is that it's dimensionally isolated.  AFAIK, when you do that, the owner of the pocket dimension has absolute control over who can enter or leave.  Hence, the academy is protected by a barrier even the Dragons can't get through.  Finding somewhere else with that level of protection would be hard, and arguably would leave him in exactly the same position as when he was in SAIA.

EDIT: I don't know how Clan Leaders hide.  But it has been mentioned that being in SAIA also disrupts the link to a clan leader, so Jerry actually had to leave the grounds to communicate with Taun.
It may be that they do the same but leave open enough of a hole to allow them to communicate with their clan, but that the dragons can also travel through this link to get to the clan leader (and they would do this to kill Cyra if they can get a member of her clan).

Tuyu

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2016, 12:09:47 PM
It may be that they do the same but leave open enough of a hole to allow them to communicate with their clan, but that the dragons can also travel through this link to get to the clan leader (and they would do this to kill Cyra if they can get a member of her clan).
On that thought--maybe the only reason SAIA is completely safe is that Fa'lina has no clan members outside (or anywhere) and can therefore keep it completely sealed.

DarkwingDude

Hypothetical Dragons... Imagine Dragons's original band name. :P