2016/03/07 [DMFA #1648] Better horse-headed than bull-headed.

Started by Razmoudah, March 07, 2016, 11:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razmoudah

Someone seems to be rather certain of his value, although at least he acknowledges he's just a piece and not a player.

Delian Williams

I wanna use this brief horse-headed detour to point out Amber's diverse cast of equine characters and cameos. Well, I guess I better quit horsing around... :B

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Delian Williams on March 07, 2016, 04:54:10 PM
I wanna use this brief horse-headed detour to point out Amber's diverse cast of equine characters and cameos. Well, I guess I better quit horsing around... :B

....*increases your karma score cause man that's impressive*

DarkwingDude

Well that's a horse of a different color. Or lots of horses of similar colors. Or... my brain broke.

crankygrumps

I need to get in on this before the horse puns reach critical levels.

Also:

I am impressed by his shoulder pads. Mostly because I'm not sure why only his shoulders deserve so much protection. Not that I'm complaining.

Yarott

For a Knight, he has a lot less shiny armor on him. I would at least expect a breastplate or a helmet. It's kinda odd to me. Looks a bit like a fighter or a barbarian of sorts.

Merlin

Quote from: Yarott on March 08, 2016, 09:10:09 PM
For a Knight, he has a lot less shiny armor on him. I would at least expect a breastplate or a helmet. It's kinda odd to me. Looks a bit like a fighter or a barbarian of sorts.

Knights are all about upholding the law, and it would be a crime to cover those abs

crankygrumps

Probably works similar in the way that girls in MMOs can wear such skimpy armour even as knights or whatever.

MAGIC.

Shadowdancer

Quote from: crankygrumps on March 08, 2016, 09:17:15 PM

Probably works similar in the way that girls in MMOs can wear such skimpy armour even as knights or whatever.

MAGIC.

Oh yes, it's a well known fact that the most powerful enchantments only attach to skimpy armor, although those strange laws of magic mean it works the opposite way for weapons.
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Delian Williams

Of course I forgot characters left and right from the egyptian gals to the deluxe edition angel page and this magazine cover...

and as for Dorian
Quote from: Somebodyelse on March 09, 2016, 08:53:10 AM
Quote from: Delian Williams on March 07, 2016, 04:54:10 PMguess
I think that one's an alpaca or maybe a llama.
sorry about calling him equine. :3

Anyway, thanks for the karma boost! :boogie

Truth be told, I'm starting to worry about Ray.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 07, 2016, 08:44:11 PM

....*increases your karma score cause man that's impressive*

Oh, look, I found another one! :giggle

But yeah, kudos for finding all those pages of all the equines that have appeared in DMFA and Abel's Story, even though one of them is a llama.  It's also a great way to see how Amber's style of drawing equines has changed over the years, as well as how diverse they can be.  For instance, only Pegasus and Becca have hands with three fingers, while all the others have more hoof-like hands with just two fingers.  This could be attributed to Amber's progression in style, but it could be because Pegasus and Becca are Beings while all the others are Creatures.

But what's even more interesting is that out of all of them, only Albanion and Aliph "Dark Pegasus" Soulstealer have digitigrade legs with hooves, while all the others, both Beings and Creatures, have plantigrade legs with feet (or at least the ones where we can see the legs).

Now, this could just be another style shift, since Pegasus started with digitigrade legs and hoof-like hands with two fingers, but transitioned to having plantigrade legs and hands with three fingers.

However, over the course of the comic and changes to its style, Aliph still retained his digitigrade legs, and seems have had them for quite a while.

Was he born with digitigrade legs, or did he acquire them later through some sort of (possibly magical) surgery, similar to how Wildy had her tail surgically altered?

I've been wondering that for quite a while, as surgery would make sense given how the horns on his nose and head are implants instead of natural.

Icon by Sunblink