Dragon-Cubi War.

Started by Les, January 31, 2016, 03:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les

From the question Fluffy answered recently... I get the impression that many are assuming that the Dragon-Cubi war is still an ongoing thing.   Hell, I was under that impression with the thing with Pyroduck's Dad.. or is his feud something separate and distinct from the war?

I just assumed that the war 'cooled down' but never really 'ended', which is one of the reasons why everybody still hides their children at SAIA.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Les on January 31, 2016, 03:51:55 PM
From the question Fluffy answered recently... I get the impression that many are assuming that the Dragon-Cubi war is still an ongoing thing.   Hell, I was under that impression with the thing with Pyroduck's Dad.. or is his feud something separate and distinct from the war?

My assumption was that it notched down from a hot war to a cold war, probably with the occasional isolated skirmish such as the Siar genocide.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Chairtastic

Dragons aren't numerous, and they take literal ages to get to adulthood.  It could be that the war died down in that the Dragons ran out of people willing to fight and die for the cause.

Les

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 31, 2016, 05:32:29 PM
Quote from: Les on January 31, 2016, 03:51:55 PM

My assumption was that it notched down from a hot war to a cold war, probably with the occasional isolated skirmish such as the Siar genocide.

Exactly my thought.

The Fluffy answer seems to indicate that the war has been 'settled' for a thousand years or more, which caught me off guard... and no doubt catches the original question-asker off guard as well.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Cassi-kun

I vaguely recall that Undead Cubi have been discussed before? They lose their Cubi abilities and are basically just winged Undead, iirc.

So while none of the Undead would be victims of the war, there may still be Undead Cubi.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

HaDDea

Quote from: Cassi-kun on February 01, 2016, 04:53:01 PM
I vaguely recall that Undead Cubi have been discussed before? They lose their Cubi abilities and are basically just winged Undead, iirc.

So while none of the Undead would be victims of the war, there may still be Undead Cubi.

Undead ex-cubi?

It kinda makes sense there wouldn't be many undead-and-formerly-'cubi as there weren't a huge number of (surface) 'cubi by the time of the Undead Event, and the Event primarily focussed on H'Ann, where there were mostly beings dwelling. not sure about the AoE of the spell, but I suspect it wasn't that far-reaching (though perhaps comic 1488 says otherwise?).

What happens with other creatures that become Undead?? do they retain their powers as before, or are they basically Creature-shaped Undead Beings at that point? 

DarkwingDude

Look at how many Americans still hate the Vietnamese, and that war's been over for 40 years. Some wounds never fully heal...

Amber Williams

Generally if a creature gets turned into an Undead, they lose most of their natural innate creature abilities so yeah...they kind of become a Creature-Shaped Undead.  That and it's a bit harder to create creature Undead because a lot of times a creature's innate magical nature conflicts with the magic that makes Undead what they are.