Metal Wolf Chaos

Started by Gryphon, September 10, 2006, 02:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryphon

Yeah its a repeat of what you can get on VGcats.com. But it is soooooo cheesy. Bad voice acting abounds! You can almost see the voice actors flipping pages to get to the next line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Genl242_ZU8

will get you a good taste of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxTsjb46ECA&mode=related&search=

Will get you a concentrated amount of silliness.

Enjoy.

LigerJet

llearch n'n'daCorna

bwahahahahaha!

cheesy doesn't begin to describe it. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

That is the most amazingly stupid thing I have ever seen.  I just couldn't take any more after about 2 minutes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I must say, the storyline that "the US president is protecting freedom" was amusing, since that's pretty much the first thing he stopped.. and he's doing it by shooting or blowing up anything that moves. :-)

... and a "coup d'etat" to take over the US is silly, since the veep can simply organise an assassination, having control of the media already, and Robert is your mother's sister's husband, as the story goes.

Suspending disbelief in a big way, however, meant it was terribly amusing, in a hugely juvenile fashion :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Manawolf

They just have to bring it stateside, they'd make a fortune.  Americans rag on everything, and a game that makes fun of the president would be recieve just as much love as it would hate.

Gryphon

I've actually sprung this on a few of my friends to hear their reactions. It's great when you hear them cursing after hearing the line "This final hope being the US president himself."

Basically this game must be taken in small doses if you are serious. If not you can go completely head over heels into the goofy part of this game. I think the theme behind the game is the ridiculous amount of power that the president controls today. Considering how much overwhelming force the president can bring to the party even in a misguided way is frightening.

Personally I think it's a counterpoint to the original bad dudes game for the NES. The "Are you bad enough to save the president?" turns now into "Are you a bad ass enough president to save THE GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!?"

Manawolf

I'm a serious gamer, but that just means I'm serious about kicking ass and taking names.  It's all good with me.

Zedd

This game is kinda sadly an ego promoter

Toric

Numerous explosions and bad voice acting. This game is full of win and good.
Yap by Silver.

Zedd

LigerJet

If anyone takes this game too seriously or if it annoys them in someway, they need a better sense of humor.   :laugh