2014/12/15 [DMFA #1537] Private Lunch

Started by Howl, December 15, 2014, 05:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

What he's picked is very telling about how he wants to live. He's not interested in battle or anything, he just wants peace. It's obvious someone like Kria would disrespect that.

Viking ZX

I'm an author! Check out my site!

Dard

Well, he said Aniz died. So I wouldn't really count that as wasted years.

VAE

Derp, so I really forgot to post the thread this morning?
Regardless, I guess SAIA might actually be a place where degrees in underwater basketweaving are an actual thing
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Kajet

Quote from: VAE on December 15, 2014, 09:39:10 AM
Derp, so I really forgot to post the thread this morning?
Regardless, I guess SAIA might actually be a place where degrees in underwater basketweaving are an actual thing

Hey now, don't forget bolivian wig tossing...

But the masters in library sciences... that seems somehow relevant to why Abel is banned from the library, Maybe too much competition for Oolong?

Either way, maybe we'll find out why Kria and Fa'lina don't get along?

Jasae Bushae

Yeesh, its so hard to find a job after getting out of college where those degrees actually mean anything
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Kajet on December 15, 2014, 03:47:44 PM
Either way, maybe we'll find out why Kria and Fa'lina don't get along?

Well, Aniz hurt Abel (understatement) and Fa'Lina protected Aniz. That's one thing...

Personally, I get the feeling that they get along, in a "frienemies" sort of way.

Brunhidden

the full understanding of how grossly overeducated he is to do anything

i wonder how well he got along with the librarian, considering he has a masters there..... should we be calling him 'doctor'?
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Howl

I don't think Abel cares about "wasting" his life on education. He probably finds the process of learning new things interesting enough that whether or not he'll be able to find a practical application for them all doesn't matter to him. He did it for the experience, which considering the matter of school debt is absent, given the nature of the school and his situation, is not a bad thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Howl on December 16, 2014, 05:41:24 AM
I don't think Abel cares about "wasting" his life on education. He probably finds the process of learning new things interesting enough that whether or not he'll be able to find a practical application for them all doesn't matter to him. He did it for the experience, which considering the matter of school debt is absent, given the nature of the school and his situation, is not a bad thing.

It also means that if you're planning to live somewhere as a Being, you have a wide range of careers to choose from.  Especially useful since you're liable to have to switch identities every couple of decades, and doing exactly the same job in the same way might be suspicious to some people.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadowdancer

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 16, 2014, 06:15:56 AM

It also means that if you're planning to live somewhere as a Being, you have a wide range of careers to choose from.  Especially useful since you're liable to have to switch identities every couple of decades, and doing exactly the same job in the same way might be suspicious to some people.

No Matter where he goes, Abel's cupcakes will always give him away.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1226.php
The most powerful magic is just a distraction.

Brunhidden

any guess how many cooking/baking classes hes had? i would wonder at what odd and extravagant things he knows how to make

my cupcakes dont compare, they keep looking at people in a mischievous manner
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Scow2

Quote from: Howl on December 16, 2014, 05:41:24 AM
But what is his life doing for those who's resources he's living off of doing nothing? What's he doing to repay his debt of life?

Howl

I was more saying that he doesn't care if all the things he learned come up to be practical. Never said it didn't matter if he used the skills he has.