2013/07/26 [DMFA #1417] - Lollipop, lollipop, oh lolly lollipop~

Started by Infranscia, July 25, 2013, 11:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

I'm wondering if Quoar's representative even shows. I doubt he'll appear in person given given his profile.

HaDDea

Quote from: Lego3400 on July 29, 2013, 12:15:13 AM
I'm wondering if Quoar's representative even shows. I doubt he'll appear in person given given his profile.

I'm gonna guess that this particular meeting happens to fall along the thousand year mark and that we shall meet Quoar's rep eventually. Especially as Cyra is now getting involved again in 'Cubi affairs after some centuries (millenia?). All the high mucky-mucks are paying a LOT of attention to Destania's child. I imagine Quoar might be interested as well.

Tapewolf

Quote from: HaDDea on July 29, 2013, 06:49:13 AM
I'm gonna guess that this particular meeting happens to fall along the thousand year mark and that we shall meet Quoar's rep eventually. Especially as Cyra is now getting involved again in 'Cubi affairs after some centuries (millenia?). All the high mucky-mucks are paying a LOT of attention to Destania's child. I imagine Quoar might be interested as well.

His rep might show up, yes.  On the other hand it's possible that Quoar doesn't care about the others and his envoy is an envoy to Fa'Lina, not the others.  We shall find out, I guess.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zebra Bug

Oooh, I realized who Dimanika looks like, she looks a little like Toph from Avatar: Last Airbender. Which is just pure awesome.

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

You know, i actually think she looks a bit like the teenage version of noodle from the more recent Gorillaz music videos.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Zebra Bug

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 29, 2013, 03:41:05 PM
You know, i actually think she looks a bit like the teenage version of noodle from the more recent Gorillaz music videos.
Oh, you're right! That too. Just a little shorter. XD

Boy. I took you out of this world and put you back into it. Don't make me try to repeat step one. -Kria

Lurkie

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 26, 2013, 04:41:04 PM
Off course you realize, to break pattern/keep the theme going, she needs to give Dan an item of clothing.

Except that Piflak already did that, and the pants weren't Dan's.  So I suppose that Dimanika could "Re-Dressu" Dan in his robe.  That would be reversing the pattern.  Sorta-kinda.  I guess.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

ChaosMageX

Darn it, lollipops are supposed to be Daryil's thing, but then again Dimanika has giant lollipops whereas Daryil usually has regular sized lollipops.

Icon by Sunblink

Anri

Quote from: ChaosMageX on July 31, 2013, 03:58:20 PM
Darn it, lollipops are supposed to be Daryil's thing, but then again Dimanika has giant lollipops whereas Daryil usually has regular sized lollipops.

Hey now, anyone can have lollipops. Why in fact, seeing as I have two hands and six tails... >:3

Prroul

Quote from: ChaosMageX on July 31, 2013, 03:58:20 PM
Cojack would also like to have words with anyone trying to claim exclusive rights.

Having said that, Diamaka is quite possibly the scariest living entity I have yet seen in DMFA, with the possible exception of one of the Fae. Even then, Diamaka is possibly even scarier because she can be serious when necessary.

Fay have an order, or several, of magnitude more power... but it's all a game to them. Okay, so some of them might have adopted some mortals here and there, but by and large... the world goes up, and the Fae find a new place to go.

Cubi, on the other hand, by virtue of not having that magnitude of power, have some 'skin in the game'. Survival isn't really a thing for Fae. It is for Cubi... even clan leaders. Which means you've got someone that damn scary... and you just might be able to push her to be serious about its use.

Case in point: How well guarded do you honestly think draconic babies are? I mean, come on... let's think about this for a second. Dragons, notorious hoarders and guarders of their hoard, with more defensive capability than most nations, and how much more serious do you think they would be about guarding their flesh-and-blood young? Yet this is the one who would habitually sneak in and steal them completely unnoticed.

The only difference between a Spy and an Assassin is the martial training. And she's had how many centuries to perfect martial training? Dat's one scary chickie.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Just a little side note, if you've ever wondered who sings the song from which this thread has it's title, the singers are the Chordettes.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

Tzenker

As yet another tangent, faux Destania looks positively adorable in the first panel.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prroul on August 01, 2013, 12:21:21 AM
Having said that, Diamaka is quite possibly the scariest living entity I have yet seen in DMFA, with the possible exception of one of the Fae. Even then, Diamaka is possibly even scarier because she can be serious when necessary.

... and yet not serious enough for you to get her name right, I see. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears