2013/04/27 [Matilda #11] Easy to defeat you say?

Started by It-Or-Whatever-I-Am, April 27, 2013, 11:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

I'm thinking someone doesn't agree with that statement!

Edited title for consistency. ~Mao
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

Starcat5

Agreed. As much as I'm liking this guy, I can't help but feel that he isn't going to live through this backstory.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

ChaosMageX

...and a backup plan for that backup plan if you can.  After all, it's always good to be prepared, but I can't help but wonder if Kesserk is prepared for the possibility of losing to Matilda's brother.  Considering how he's talking at the moment, probably not.

EDIT: Forgot to refresh and check before posting, so please merge with the existing thread.

Icon by Sunblink

Prroul

Not simply a path to victory. but engineering a situation in which all outcomes eventually lead to victory
-Admiral Naismith, Dendarii Fleet Commander

But yes, I think the cart is decidedly going in front of the taur. I hope this level of arrogance and grandstanding is not typical of the species, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach says it probably is. Pride Goeth before the fall, and I think this guy is gonna fall so hard he's gonna leave skid marks all the way to Hades.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Prroul on April 28, 2013, 10:54:59 AM
Not simply a path to victory. but engineering a situation in which all outcomes eventually lead to victory

But yes, I think the cart is decidedly going in front of the taur. I hope this level of arrogance and grandstanding is not typical of the species, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach says it probably is. Pride Goeth before the fall, and I think this guy is gonna fall so hard he's gonna leave skid marks all the way to Hades.

Maybe, in their culture, a male is supposed to talk big in front of potential mates?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Gentlehunter

AKA, a "Xanatos Gambit".  (See http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosGambit )

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm still conflicted about how Cryoburn ended. And wondering where the story will go next...

I believe the cart is before the gryphon, not the taur. Taur's won't pull carts, that's why you have a gryphon - to avoid the C types.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Well if this is the same brother that Matilda mentioned to Dan, I'd take this as being something  not so uncommonly thought of by most males in the colony.

Makes me wonder if Matilda's brother was particularly small or possibly large and very slow. :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prroul

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2013, 08:25:57 AM

I'm still conflicted about how Cryoburn ended. And wondering where the story will go next...
If you are talking about the Drabble at the end, then that is a good question. However, she's apparently decided to dodge the question so far, by publishing Vorpatril's Alliance. In which That Idiot Ivan finds that he no longer has to pretend to incompetence to avoid being the figurehead of every treason plot to cross ImpSec's desk. Of course, he then decides to be a generally good natured individual and help out a damsel in distress... at Bylery's suggestion. And, well, we all know what happens when you listen to By's advice...

I believe the cart is before the gryphon, not the taur. Taur's won't pull carts, that's why you have a gryphon - to avoid the C types.
Oh, right. Those C-types. It's why feathered hats and prosthetic beaks are standard issue.

It-Or-Whatever-I-Am

QuoteOh, right. Those C-types. It's why feathered hats and prosthetic beaks are standard issue.

That just put an ridiculous image in my head of Kria wearing that exact outfit when shes flying.
I am known as it, because I have no designation outside that and I would rather it stay like that.

Otherwise Have a good day Sir/Ma'am.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Prroul on April 30, 2013, 08:38:15 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 30, 2013, 08:25:57 AM

If you are talking about the Drabble at the end, then that is a good question. However, she's apparently decided to dodge the question so far, by publishing Vorpatril's Alliance. In which That Idiot Ivan finds that he no longer has to pretend to incompetence to avoid being the figurehead of every treason plot to cross ImpSec's desk. Of course, he then decides to be a generally good natured individual and help out a damsel in distress... at Bylery's suggestion. And, well, we all know what happens when you listen to By's advice...

Byerly is like that. I do wonder which very smart person back in Impsec is tightening the screws on him, tho; I'd have thought that having Miles critique him from a secret-ops perspective would go a long way towards putting him back in line, but we're wandering a little off-topic. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kaerou

He is so nice looking.  Pitty he likely won't live ;/ the nice looking ones seem to always get it.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!