Awww its gone now *pouts*

Started by thegayhare, August 24, 2006, 12:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Add me to the *confused* list.

topher chee

*adds him to the confused list*

thegayhare

the first animated heavy metal movie was a series of short stories all linked together by this evil green orb.

one of the stories involved a WW2 bomber flying threw heavy fire.  the tail gunner and waist gunners are all killed as the battle rages.  Then the marble sized ball orb crashes into the plane. the dead crewmen come back to life, and butcher the man in the ball turrent before making there wat toward the cockpit

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

bill

Sounds like a delightfully whimsical time.

topher chee

Shadrok

Heavy metal the movie

It's an adult animated movie created in 1980's and was baced off of a magazine of the same name.

Quote from: thegayhare on August 26, 2006, 08:52:25 PM
do you mean the one with zombies in the WW2 bomber?

that one scared the carpe out of me the first time I saw it

That's the one, and to be honest that among other parts scared me too. Also kind of prepared me for the other animations that would have shocked me if I had not seen the movie.

*edit*
Also just realized that the movie is as old as I am.

thegayhare

It was releases in 81 so I'm just 2 years older then it.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

King Of Hearts

I remember that Heavy Metal Movie... man that was old... 81... it was two years older than me, didnt know that.

the tail gunner zombie scene made me squeamish when I watched it... I kept wanting to turn it off but my morbid curiousity got the better of me.

How did that end again? Wasnt the last story the one with the taxi driver or whatnot?

Nikki

Quote from: Shadrok on August 26, 2006, 11:15:16 PMIt's an adult animated movie created in 1980's and was baced off of a magazine of the same name.
What type? D:

Shadrok

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 27, 2006, 08:00:46 AM
I remember that Heavy Metal Movie... man that was old... 81... it was two years older than me, didnt know that.

I didn't know I was 2 years older then you either, I was born in 81.

Quote from: King Of Hearts on August 27, 2006, 08:00:46 AM
the tail gunner zombie scene made me squeamish when I watched it... I kept wanting to turn it off but my morbid curiousity got the better of me.

How did that end again? Wasnt the last story the one with the taxi driver or whatnot?

I had to check a recording of the movie I have but the taxi cab scene is the first story told after the girl's dad brings the orb home.

the other scenes are:

- The one where the nerd finds the orb and is transported into another world and is made bald and is given muscles from the trip.

- The space captain is put on trial in a space station

- The bomber one

- the one where the aliens abduct the pentagon's secretary

- And finally the one where the orb crashes into the mountain and creates a mutant army

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 27, 2006, 11:47:22 AM
Quote from: Shadrok on August 26, 2006, 11:15:16 PMIt's an adult animated movie created in 1980's and was baced off of a magazine of the same name.
What type? D:

QuoteQuote from wikipedia
Heavy Metal is an American science fiction and fantasy comics magazine, known primarily for its blend of dark fantasy / science fiction and erotica.

thegayhare

I belive in the very end, the girl the Loc Nor is tormenting turns into the hero from the prevous story (mutant army)

King Of Hearts

I had some old Heavy Metal magazines a way back.. Druuna's [I think..] work is breath taking...

...but as a whole the mag was too gory for my tastes.

Manawolf

In any case, change that title, young man.  I know you're playing off half of it now, and it's scaring the children.  Seriously, that does show up in all the sections you post.

xHaZxMaTx

I didn't even notice before you pointed it out, nice. :rolleyes

Zedd