10/24/2011 [DMFA #1257] - The Codes of Conduct for Sparring

Started by RandomMetaphysics, October 24, 2011, 12:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcblade

Quote from: Toast on October 24, 2011, 01:43:38 PM
Not related to the comic as much as to the rant-o-update:

AMBER WE WILL STICK AROUND AS LONG AS YOU KEEP DRAWING, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

Got that right.  DMFA is the only comic that can make me smile in 10 strips or less.  Every now and then I go and reread the archives.  Makes my whole week better.  Rock on, Amber.   :mowsmile

McKathlin

Quote from: Prroul on October 26, 2011, 05:10:13 PM
However, as far as Pai-Gon is concerned, a vague reference that goes over the head of most kids is still PG.

A vague reference is PG.  An explicit term, not so much.

Of course, this could be just me: I'm innocent by choice, but I've always been curious by nature.  So when I see a word I don't recognize, I look it up to expand my vocabulary.  Actually, I was expecting "teabagging" to mean something more like "giving a The Reason You Suck Speech", because the demon was also doing that.  But then, if I'd noticed the look on Dan's face :erk and connected the dots, I probably would have known better.  :B
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: McKathlin on October 27, 2011, 09:10:41 PM
Of course, this could be just me: I'm innocent by choice, but I've always been curious by nature.  So when I see a word I don't recognize, I look it up to expand my vocabulary.  Actually, I was expecting "teabagging" to mean something more like "giving a The Reason You Suck Speech", because the demon was also doing that.  But then, if I'd noticed the look on Dan's face :erk and connected the dots, I probably would have known better.  :B

Welcome to growing up. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: McKathlin on October 25, 2011, 03:24:39 PM
I'm too frightened by the mental image of people doing "IRL" tea bagging.

I had to look up that term, and...ew.[/quote]
Ditto. I guess I'm too old and out of touch to have heard that term before. 
QuoteI don't think Pai Gon wants curious kids looking up that term because it's in this comic.  I love your work, Amber, but please keep it clean, or have Fa Teen take over.
Who and who?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

I am never quite sure when people are joking on this forum.  However, here is the link to the characters queried in the previous post.  Of course, there are some who are never more comical than when being serious, and those who are never more serious than when joking, so I suppose it really doesn't matter which is which as long as all have a good time.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.