10/09/2011 [DMFA #1244] - Little wingies.. Where are you?

Started by MT Hazard, September 09, 2011, 07:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMageX

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on September 10, 2011, 03:55:31 AM
Quote from: AmberCross on September 10, 2011, 02:27:46 AM
Wow, Amber draws him differently enough that I very much did not recognize him until after 'Jakob' was mentioned. Up til then I thought, "Hey cool, new character!" Realistically though, I like this way better. It's just neat. That and Mink not noticing the lack of headwings does somewhat make my day.
Heh, I noticed him right off. I went "Hey... that's Tape!" as soon as I saw that first panel.

I also immediately recognized Jakob on seeing the first panel, and my jaw literally dropped from surprise. :O :boggle

Of course, I hadn't read the rant yet, so I didn't know about the character auction that happened before I started reading DMFA.

I must say it was quite a shocking but pleasant surprise, and hopefully Daryil might also make a brief background cameo, if not more.

That being said, I have to point out... for some reason, Jacob's eyes look weird in his first panel - Something just seems... off. All the other panels look great, however.

After the initial shock wore off, I also noticed this detail about his eyes, and it began to irk me.

However, I now realize it's due to the recent subtle changes in Amber's drawing style, including how she draws the eyes.  Somewhere along the line, she started drawing in pupils and making them more noticeable, which is where the difference in detail comes from.

This change in the way Amber draws eyes becomes greatly apparent when you compare Jakob's eyes in today's comic with his eyes in her commission for Tapewolf, which I think is the only other time she's drawn Tapewolf's character Jakob in full shaded color.

Icon by Sunblink

Aurawyn

Quote from: ChaosMageX on September 10, 2011, 08:23:24 PM
Quote from: AmberCross on September 10, 2011, 02:27:46 AM
Wow, Amber draws him differently enough that I very much did not recognize him until after 'Jakob' was mentioned. Up til then I thought, "Hey cool, new character!" Realistically though, I like this way better. It's just neat. That and Mink not noticing the lack of headwings does somewhat make my day.
Heh, I noticed him right off. I went "Hey... that's Tape!" as soon as I saw that first panel.

I also immediately recognized Jakob on seeing the first panel, and my jaw literally dropped from surprise. :O :boggle

*nods* Me too... Only I'm really bad with names so my thought was like "Hey its that guy from the form who's posting name I can't remember..."

:mowhappy

Ps: I often forget to read the rants as well, and Only found out about it after reading this thread

psilorder

Quote from: ChaosMageX on September 10, 2011, 08:23:24 PM
That being said, I have to point out... for some reason, Jacob's eyes look weird in his first panel - Something just seems... off. All the other panels look great, however.

After the initial shock wore off, I also noticed this detail about his eyes, and it began to irk me.

However, I now realize it's due to the recent subtle changes in Amber's drawing style, including how she draws the eyes.  Somewhere along the line, she started drawing in pupils and making them more noticeable, which is where the difference in detail comes from.

This change in the way Amber draws eyes becomes greatly apparent when you compare Jakob's eyes in today's comic with his eyes in her commission for Tapewolf[/ur], which I think is the only other time she's drawn Tapewolf's character Jakob in full shaded color.

Thanks to you guys i looked closer at the guy and now his nose/snout/muzzle looks weird to me.

Lurkie

Oh dear, Mink is a little slow on the uptake, isn't he (she, whatever)?  Here and I'd simply assumed (HA!) that he'd figured out that Dan had shifted his headwings out of sight.  Shows what I know.  I was wondering when the subject of Dan's headwings would show up, since he's in SAIA now, and won't have to worry about anybody seeing them.  I thought Aaryanna would say something when she passed Dan and Mink in the hallway, but I guess she had other things on her mind.

On the other tentacle, it's nice to see Jakob in a cameo.  So what is this rumour of which he speaks?  Too-curious-for-their-own-good minds want to know.  :-)
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Maark30

Cute Mink freakout here.  On another note, my bet on the what the 'rumor' is, is  placed on "I heard that Cyra grandson (or Destania's son) is going to represent Clan Cyra at the meeting."
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Alondro

*Charline gasps!*  OMG!!!  Project Future is now cannon!

*The evil lioness cubi evily cackles with evil glee, having revenge for not winning the cameo!  And then she remembers that it's Charles' fault for being poor... and promptly slashes out the human's internal organs..*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on September 12, 2011, 12:53:28 AM
*Charline gasps!*  OMG!!!  Project Future is now cannon!

Of course it's cannon. Jakob gets fired all the time...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

if Daryil ever turns up in DMFA, he'll be discussing things with Bengahl over some tea and scones.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

RobbieThe1st

I second the above notion! I can just imagine Dan walking by the two sitting at a table discussing things pleasantly...

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.