28/01/2011 [DMFA# 1192] - Four matches found

Started by Tapewolf, January 28, 2011, 08:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

just last week i found out theres four other people with at least my first and last name, although my other two names arent showing up. just enough to screw with applying for jobs online and it assuming im someone from ohio who has already applied

but the thing i am pondering is how prevasive the internet is in furrae. in a world where what seems to be half of the population carries swords and potions, technology seems to come by in fits and spurts. it could very well be that the internet availeable is 'small' compared to what we are used to, compiled by a select few who are actually the geek gods.

im thinking chances are pretty high that at least a third of what she reads may have been written by jy-jy himself
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

joshofspam

Actually that's kind of curious in itself.

After all, how many cubi allow people to find out about their new status after the change?

Which might explain why Macy only got four hits if these were four different Abel's. But at the same time Abel's suddenly being taken from May might have updated all information about him if the people rewriting his files were thorough. Even then just how many listed cubi named Abel could be there just because they were more of the evil persuasion? Thats a lot of probability in the mix.

Interesting stuff to think about.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on January 29, 2011, 08:28:29 PM
im thinking chances are pretty high that at least a third of what she reads may have been written by jy-jy himself

Probably not. Jy-jy is more likely, as I see it (ie, I could be wrong) to write something to transcribe an entire library into a website. Kinda like Wikipedia on steroids, though with only one poster...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madd the Sane

Huh, there goes my theory.  And Amber is going to relate more info next update, so I'm not going to speculate  :mowninja
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

lilpuppy23

Maark30

:mowmeep Well that answers a quite a few questions.

Great set up and delivery Amber.  :mowcookie  

oops wrong post to place this should have been the diabetes one (dmfa 1193) sorry  :mowsad
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

iceick

So Dan's grandfather(?) killed Aniz. I wonder what will happen if Abel finds out.

EDIT: Oops. I forgot to read Alexi's cast page.
And I accedentaly posted in the wrong forum.

AmigaDragon

Where do you get grandfather? That's Alexsi's mother.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Maark30

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 31, 2011, 03:37:14 AM
Where do you get grandfather? That's Alexsi's mother.

I'm guessing you're in the same boat I am - unwilling to believe so many are unable to read...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Congo Jack

I, for myself, believed that cast pages are fer teh noobz and someone from the side to write review or something. That if you follow through all comic, like I did, you shouldn't find anything new there. Living learns.  :mowsad

BlackfootFerret

You know, I'm really surprised that nobody else seems to notice this.. but according to the websearch..

Ding, Dong...

*AINZ IS DEAD!*  :mowdizzy

Of course, you can't believe everything you read on the web.. but something big is up.

Tapewolf

Quote from: BlackfootFerret on January 31, 2011, 06:01:49 PM
You know, I'm really surprised that nobody else seems to notice this.. but according to the websearch..

Yeah, that's dealt with in this thread.
Anyway, welcome aboard and don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

Quote from: BlackfootFerret on January 31, 2011, 06:01:49 PM

Ding, Dong...

*AINZ IS DEAD!*  :mowdizzy

Of course, you can't believe everything you read on the web.. but something big is up.

all i can say is- ITS ZOMBIE TIME!

come give your old homicidal corpse father a huuuug
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

BlackfootFerret

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Congo Jack on January 31, 2011, 08:54:09 AM
I, for myself, believed that cast pages are fer teh noobz and someone from the side to write review or something. That if you follow through all comic, like I did, you shouldn't find anything new there. Living learns.  :mowsad

There's info in the cast pages that either isn't in or predates appearance in the comic.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Maark30

Quote from: AmigaDragon on February 05, 2011, 08:55:28 PM
Quote from: Congo Jack on January 31, 2011, 08:54:09 AM

There's info in the cast pages that either isn't in or predates appearance in the comic.

That and quite often a character has had a life in other media or games and the creator uses that to flesh out the character, so not everything is available in the current work.  But all in all most dont do that so it is to be expected that it will be missed so dont fret Congo Jack, Have a cookie  :mowcookie

Congo Jack

*Noms*
Thanks Maark30!  :mowhappy

*Now where do I click to show that I like someone's niceness... Looks where karma points was - HUH?*  :mowdizzy