Bad Case of the HumBUGglies

Started by Draken, December 24, 2010, 04:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

Yeesh.  Amber, many good thoughts to you and your speedy recovery.  Know how ya feel.  Been battling a sinus congestion problem since October, and it's been recently discovered that a family member was battling a virus they didn't know they had till they started gushing blood out both nostrils.  Thankfully, person in question is getting better.

As for the stomach virus, I'm not too shocked.  They've been floating around a lot this year, taking out whole schools.  Not epidemic level, mind you, but still pretty darn bad.  Nothing says miserable like an elementary full of kids with tummy aches, with the teachers and staff close behind. 

Pity it had to happen so close to the holidays.  I hope you get better soon.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

AxiLarin

Awww.. for such a big bug, he's kinda cute.

I'm not sure what it is about the holidays and stomach bugs.  There's been two holidays I've been hit with them.  Thankfully nothing so far this year aside from a nasty cold that has been passed around the workplace and now into the family.  I hope you get better very soon, Amber, so you can really enjoy the holidays.  :santa

nevwyn

I think its the related stress, I have been sick almost every Christmas for the last 5 years always something stomach related. This year it started about a week ago and is holding on strong.

llearch n'n'daCorna

We've told you before, Amber. CON is not a dump stat. ;-]

In other news, get well soon(tm).
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

D'ymkarra

My gods Mab....You just can't catch a break. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, and some time to actually enjoy the holidays... :hug  :hug  :hug
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 24, 2010, 07:40:36 AM
We've told you before, Amber. CON is not a dump stat. ;-]
In other news, get well soon(tm).

Same on the get well part, but I don't think she used con as her dump stat. Her class, WikuWiku, apparently takes -10 to fort saves against disease. :P

joshofspam

So got the case of The Hugglebugs huh.... and the stomach flu?

I go pretty much to no eating when something hits me like that. It won't even let you lay down and miserable. No, you need to be upright and miserable on the can for an unknown amount of time

Hope you get better soon Amber and enjoy the soup. :hug
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

iceick

Hmm... something must be going around, 'cause I had the same problems as Amber the other day. Of course mine could have been caused by eating a food I was allergic to (Only a small allergy. Really). Stupid almonds hiding in Heath bars grumble grumble grumble.

MT Hazard

The people I feel sorry for are those with an existing condition who then get the flu. e.g  asthma, hay fever

Edit: That guy feels sympathy, vote him down!
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

Dang, that Humbuggie seems awfully intent on getting hugs.  :D

Get well soon, Amber.

:hug

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

OminousShadow

Just read Amber's rant. I've had problems like she described having. Not pleasant whatsoever. Though my cases of it never lasted that long. But then again, CON isn't one of my dump stats so that may be why.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

That_wolf

I feel your pain, amber. For the past 4 months,my stomach has been a roller coaster, with no signs of why(A bug would have left) and if it will ever end.
Abel needs a hug...

Turnsky

Ambaargh needs to stop falling apart. that's what she really needs to do.  :<

somebody mail her some duct tape!

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

The Artist character class has negative points to constitution it seems. :(

Naldru

Quote from: D'ymkarra on December 24, 2010, 07:47:14 AM
My gods Mab....You just can't catch a break. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery, and some time to actually enjoy the holidays... :hug  :hug  :hug

I just took another look at this.  Amber is the one with the stomach problems.  I was just imagining Mab with a stomach bug.  This is what I think of when I think of Mab with stomach problems.

This one also seems appropriate.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wanderer

Quote from: Draken on December 24, 2010, 04:29:45 AM
and it's been recently discovered that a family member was battling a virus they didn't know they had till they started gushing blood out both nostrils.
My goodness, what causes THAT?! :erk

I hope you get better soon, Amber. Stomach bugs are some of the worst things in the world (at least in my experience) because you just feel like you're going to die. You have my well-wishes, for whatever they're worth.

Naldru

Quote from: Wanderer on December 27, 2010, 12:11:18 AM
Quote from: Draken on December 24, 2010, 04:29:45 AM
and it's been recently discovered that a family member was battling a virus they didn't know they had till they started gushing blood out both nostrils.
My goodness, what causes THAT?! :erk

I'm not sure if that was a rhetorical question.

However, you often have small capillaries breaking in a cold and the blood tends to mix with the mucus.  When it comes out the nose, it can look rather disgusting.  (When my wife saw it, she said she wasn't touching the handkerchief without a hazmat suit.)

In Japanese anime, it often happens when a guy sees a pretty girl.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Shachza

Quote from: D'ymkarra on December 24, 2010, 07:47:14 AM

Quote from: joshofspam on December 24, 2010, 10:17:12 AM
Hope you get better soon Amber and enjoy the soup. :hug

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 24, 2010, 07:22:11 PM
Get well soon, Amber.

Wait a tic here...  Amber's getting sick from HumBUG hugs, and there's an aweful lot of Amber-hugging going on in this thread.   :shifty  *equips HumBUG-B-Gone Spray*
            <-- #1 that is!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Shachza on December 28, 2010, 12:30:10 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 24, 2010, 07:22:11 PM
Get well soon, Amber.

Wait a tic here...  Amber's getting sick from HumBUG hugs, and there's an aweful lot of Amber-hugging going on in this thread.   :shifty  *equips HumBUG-B-Gone Spray*

Aww, my hugs aint contagious ! :(