12/07/2010 [DMFA# 1174] - Bang

Started by Lego3400, December 07, 2010, 12:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 11, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
*ahem*

NEEEeEEEEeeeEEEEEEeEeeeeeEEERDS!! :U

Are we talking about the sweet tangy awesomeness taste in a box or the hyper thinking that tends to make my mind freeze up and start to talk in tongues? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on December 11, 2010, 11:58:03 AM
Are we talking about the sweet tangy awesomeness taste in a box or the hyper thinking that tends to make my mind freeze up and start to talk in tongues? :B

Seventeen.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 11, 2010, 02:01:36 PM

Seventeen.

Oh freat now I have to think what the number sevnteen applyes to.

Coul it apply to a time? A plays? A subject?

I.. Oh...Huuuh?
What were we talking about Learch? :erk
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Cassi-kun

Seventeen.
I seem to have hit the level of nerd where "seventeen" makes me think of sci-fi babies.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

AmberCross

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 11, 2010, 07:38:01 AM
For those who are wondering: I haven't tearoomed this thread because the comic, to me, appears to have been geared towards inciting speculation.  That said, do try to not get to rabid on this guys, it's a fantasy comic.  If you find yourself unable to suspend your disbelief and not nit-pick the shit out of the comic then I suggest you find something else to read as your enjoyment of this comic is clearly not going to be able to overcome the fact that the artist takes liberties to make the story flow or a gag work.
Actually from what I see there is very little nitpicking of the comic itself, much of this has devolved (or possibly evolved) into the subject in general, not in the specific example of DMFA.

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 11, 2010, 08:32:09 AM
*ahem*

NEEEeEEEEeeeEEEEEEeEeeeeeEEERDS!! :U
Oh you know you're just jealous ^.^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on December 11, 2010, 02:14:13 PM
Oh freat now I have to think what the number sevnteen applyes to.

Coul it apply to a time? A plays? A subject?

I.. Oh...Huuuh?
What were we talking about Learch? :erk

Banana. *nods*

Unsilenced

Seventeen.

Computing input...

Error.

:explosion
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Captain

This is an unofficial arena thread.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

llearch n'n'daCorna

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Alterationartist

So yeah, it looks like every line seems to hint more at the scheme that Mab has in mind.

The Creature COUNCIL thinks Jyrras is a threat.
Mab wants Jyrras to build a FINAL weapon, aka 100% natural, to incite a power revolution. Most likely because of the class bias between creatures and furres, that leave furres on the short end.
Jyrras finds that after a certain point in the ratio, naturality makes magic more difficult to apply. If an item were to hit that fabled 100.0, it's implied that magic would be impossible to apply. If creatures are as mortal as furres, just with better magic defenses against it, like healing, barriers, and any innate traits, just a simple 100% handgun and bullet would be enough to make a creature think thrice. A handgun, to most people, is just as credible a threat to an individual as a nuke-force explosion. Unlike what action movies teach you, the projectile is incredibly small, incredibly fast, and DEADLY. And any one who's been to a shooting range will know that accuracy is a proper skill, but still attainable. Since creatures still seem to work on a biological level, having a piece of lead pierce through one or two organs is still fatal. And if creatures aren't able to defend against this threat, the balance of power will level, leading to less discrimination and more respect on the furres' end. On this note, the weapon would have to be a handgun or such (I'm kind of wishing for a magnum revolver), as it's small, but still lethal. With as much problems as Jyrras has had with just paperclips and screwdrivers, making a 100% natural anything would be a hassle, let alone anything insanely large or impractical. So once he perfects the technique, it becomes a matter of time until he finds out it's Mab-designated purpose.
Round 9!