09/26/2010 [DMFA #1151] - Wall-o-text

Started by AmigaDragon, September 26, 2010, 01:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaDragon

I hope Fluffy didn't pull anything putting that wall up.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Bjalf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 26, 2010, 01:47:48 AM
I hope Fluffy didn't pull anything putting that wall up.

I pulled my groin once.

... felt so good I pulled it again  :U

Starcat5

Missed oppertunity here. She could have set it up as Jy giving a lecture, cutting away on the last panal to a sleeping Jy muttering the end of it in his sleep to a very confused Abel. ...maybe someone can do that as fan art?
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Sid

Quote from: starcat5 on September 26, 2010, 03:35:23 AM
Missed oppertunity here. She could have set it up as Jy giving a lecture, cutting away on the last panal to a sleeping Jy muttering the end of it in his sleep to a very confused Abel. ...maybe someone can do that as fan art?

Problem with that is that it would make the explanation look as something in-universe, which would lead to the obvious question "How would he even know that?", which in turn would lead to "Well... he doesn't, so does that mean he just made something up?", and that would really defeat the purpose of Amber clarifying stuff for the readers.

Also: MY PRECIOUS FANFICS, OH NOES! :U
:boogie

Aurawyn

D'ymkarra

Once in a while, the wall-o-text is the only surefire solution to give a straight answer...

And I wouldn't worry about Fluffy, he's a trained professional!
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Scrap Fish

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Jasonrevall

yay I love these. And that's kinda what I figured. Also considering they seem to be inter dimensional entities, their core frequencies being different than the others is not surprising. I always thought of inter dimensional entities such as this having a "Pseudo-soul", yes it's where their energy is stored and manipulated, but it doesn't function like a non dimensional entity's would. I think too much about this stuff you'd think, but I have a story or two based off of inter dimensional "beings" :P. My question is do they have a core frequency/essence  AND a pseudo soul? Does that mean they can die, give back their core frequency/essence, and go to an afterlife of their choosing?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

That_wolf

All in all, not the worst wall-o-text I've seen. I miss Amber Answers commics, they're good plot-breaks..
Abel needs a hug...

joshofspam

Wonder if the dragons have a grudge because the Fae are so powerful?

In some ways the Cubi kind of remind me of the Fae. Almost like they where a partial success to create similar creatures like the Fae. Tri-wings at times don't seem all that far away from when Mab goes into super agitated mood. If dragons ad Tri-wings can do battle, just how far is a Fae from them?

But I do love a wall of text once and a while.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

lilpuppy23

Oh huh. I've been fiddling with that question myself. Good to know the actual answer now.

Also, the Fae would have tried if it was possible? I can almost imagine two Fae kidnapping some Cubi, bringing him/her to the Fae realm, and one "dies" and the other tries to force feed his soul to the Cubi just to see what happens.
But of course, that won't happen now.

"Eat it! Eat it now! Don't make me shake you!"

Maybe Amber could rename Fae souls; Ghosts.

Attic Rat

If I read it right, departed Fae souls are "baby on the way" to another Fae.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Caswin

If this is a wall of text, I'd like to see...

No, that's backwards.  If this is the short answer, I really would like to see the long one.

(Hi Fluffy you are so funny.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Starcat5

Quote from: Sid on September 26, 2010, 06:50:20 AM
Problem with that is that it would make the explanation look as something in-universe, which would lead to the obvious question "How would he even know that?", which in turn would lead to "Well... he doesn't, so does that mean he just made something up?", and that would really defeat the purpose of Amber clarifying stuff for the readers.

Also: MY PRECIOUS FANFICS, OH NOES! :U
Or we could swap it around. Have Jy as the the one being lectured to, and have a Fae as the professer. Like the one who gave Jy the curse bands at Mab's request. (I forget his name) It works twice, perhaps three times as well that way. First, we have a creditable sorce for the information who may or may not be the real thing talking to Jy via dream manipulation. Second, Jy may not even remember any of the information when he wakes up. Thirdly, now the muttering heard by Abel would be random questions without context. ...or I could be sleep deprived and babbling randomly. G`night. *Gone*
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Alondro

*Charline takes this as a challenge!*  I SHALL FIND A WAY!!!   :mwaha

*ponders methods*  I wonder if a turkey baster could suck the soul out... hmmm...
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Turnsky

it makes perfect sense when you take in consideration the static number of fae that exist.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

*Charline takes a picture of a Fae*  Muwah ha ha!  I have trapped its soul with my devil box!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif