10/08/2010 [DMFA #1136] - Bugnuts

Started by Tapewolf, August 10, 2010, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

:gun1
Why does it need to get to this again?

PantheraLeo, i think if you didn't prod the whole thing it would have died now. Some people will not like you no matter what you do, it's like that with  everyone, so there's little use in trying to "explain yourself".
Just let the remarks over your head - the only one important in this particular thing was Boxy and all he had was a few grammar remarks.
(i understand where you are coming from though - when i get rolling it can look bad too)

Some new interesting theories would be more interesting by the definition of it, and i must say that yours are among the best stuff since the start of the year (when i joined :D)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alteisentier

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 14, 2010, 06:04:51 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on August 12, 2010, 08:30:16 AM
Allow me to be honest to a degree, i'm not gonna flame ya, but here's what i think one of the contentions are.. Your posts seem to be more blathering on (i.e: you virtually like to "hear the sound of your own voice") than actually getting your intent (or point) across...

So noted. I am getting flustered too easy. I do realize I share too much information (being honest does not just includes being honest about others). It is worth noting that much of what I said could be summed up: "Ok, your right. I screwed up. Here is why I screwed up. Here is why I'll try not to do it again, and sometimes Here is what you did to prompt it! Please notice the steam roller of a hint and we'll both be happier. (Remember I care about a person, their ego I do not.)" The tension just piles up too high when your the only one say saying "please, thank you, and sorry", and not one responds in kind. Instead I receive so some sympathy (though not whole wholly unwelcome), snarky remarks, and life advice. The point of being honest was to show I didn't need help (well, I need help, but not of the mortal kind). I am not a problem to be fixed. All I asked was civil tones, I have the ability to realize I can be at fault and fix the problem.  Even why when you drop hints AT EVERY TURN SENSE POST ONE. (How many is this later?) For the record, I while I do now fear I like the sound of my own voice too much, I was desperately looking for someone to:

"Look upward, and share in the wonders I've seen." - Farscape.

(sigh) This crowd that is not. Concise enough? Ok, curtsy of a response given. Good-bye for now, I don't enjoy sucking the fun out of the forum. :)

Please note this has been a malice free post. (And I do feel awkward for the number of times I called Amber by name being a married woman, but she is the creator of DMFA. It seemed rude to credit the creator with the authority due and not call her by name. I've spoken it dozen of times sense my first post, and I've seen it spoken by others maybe three times, by separate people.)

QuoteIf I speak in the tongues of men and angles, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I have gain nothing.

Love is patient, love it kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; Then I shall known fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

*Waves bye for now* Cookie?  :mowcookie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XrL_F6tnT4&feature=related

*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 14, 2010, 06:04:51 PM
(sigh) This crowd that is not. Concise enough? Ok, curtsy of a response given. Good-bye for now, I don't enjoy sucking the fun out of the forum. :)

You haven't. You're different, new, and people are responding to you. Expecting anything more is like walking into a convention for someone else and expecting everyone to instantly know who you are and be applauding you for your mere presence.

Seems to me that's a little, uh, excessive, no? Show up, talk to people, get to know them, then maybe you'll get some more positive responses. Worst case, you'll find out we're not the people you thought we were, and decide to go elsewhere. Either way, wouldn't it be wise to at least give it some time, first?

As for sharing the wonders we've seen... you think we save them until people appear? Most of the wonders have already been posted, elsewhere in the forum. If you read every single post, then you'll probably start to get bored (I know I did), but there's some that might interest you in the Treasury, at least. On the other hand - you didn't ask anyone to share, you just wandered in and started posting. We're not mind readers...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcalane

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2010, 05:36:01 AMWe're not mind readers...

I don't think anyone would want to be a mindreader on these forums, especially given most of the folks around here... :shifty